FE 4 - HOLY WAR - 2nd GEN- Yuria glitch(?)

Vega

Hi, I'm new here in the forums (even though i new about this site for a year or so).

Yesterday, I noticed the FE4 jealous system and the relationship points between Celice and Yuria and the ways to pair them.

BTW cheers to the person that found it.

So here my questions:

1. If I use the jealous system in 2nd Generation (without restarting and using savestates), how many turns do i need to pair Celice with Yuria? (Some people posted that it might take

less than 100 turns to gather 500p). Is it Random?

2. While using the jealous system without RR (Restarting) in the 2nd generation, does Yuria-Celice pair still lose -5p from their relationship if they are far away from each other?

Or does this reduction happen only with the RR, so that Yuria might be taking +10p instead of 5p through the jealous system (<== This might answer the first Question).

3. Not Restarting even once the game in the 2nd generation, will I experience other bugs or glitches (except the 3-leadership stars for Celice) that will hinder my playthrough?

4. If I sucess in Celice-Yuria pair, RR afterwards will cause other problems or glitches?

5. Restarting in the 2nd generation gives 490p to celice-yuria right? So how about this method?:

A] Play normaly (without having Celice-Yuria close to each other) until the end of chapter 9 without jealous system and without RR (only savestates). "Kill" Arione.

B] Save

C] RR

D] Yuria-Celice have 490p. (Spend 1 extra turn together for comfirmation?)

E] Sieze the chapter's last castle.

F] Rush through chapter 11(Final) and meet Yuria by turn 45-47 (possible with lvl30 children). Stay close to her for 2 turns. Kill Manfloy and talk to her.

What do you think? Will it work? This way you can play the game and make formations as desired while succeding to pair them.

6. What happens in the ending when Yulia supossedly talks to celice's lover? :P The game freezes? Or does she talk to herself? (lol). Or does the game pretends that they are not

lovers and shows the script for when both of them are unpaired?

P.S.1: Relationship points are counted at the end or at the start of players phase????

P.S.2: Sorry to nug you with so many questions.

1. I would think somewhere between 2 and 10, but I've never done it so I'll leave someone more qualified to answer that.

2. Yes.

3. I don't know, although there was a trend for a while of people who had Celice instantly fall in love with Patty/Daisy, therefore making the Balmunk unobtainable.

4. Iunno.

5. Restarting in 2nd gen makes the base love points of Celice X Yuria go from 490 to 0.

I believe that love points are counted at the end of Enemy phase, but Iunno.

I took me around 100 turns when I tried it from Chapter 6. However, I had one or two people tell me that they did it in 2 or so turns. The inconsistency could be because I'm using a bad ROM (at least that's what ZSNES tells me).

Also, to echo BigBangMeteor, you shouldn't reset at all until the pairing is made, since the jealousy priorities change so that this trick no longer works. You can reset if you want to pair them without jealousy (using the method where Celice and Yuria gain lover points when Yuria is an enemy in the final chapter).

If you reset, Celice and Yuria have to be beside each other every turn until she goes, and then when Yuria is an enemy, Celice needs to stand beside her for two turns. Add an extra turn standing beside each other as enemies for each turn missed standing by each other as allies, if you mess up a few times.

I would guess that the ROM screwed up for the people who got it done in two turns, so that they had both 490-5 love points, as well as a priority system that let them use the jealousy thing.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Thx everyone for their trouble to reply.

In any case there is no way I'm gonna try this on my old Snes ( yes after 15 years it stills lives ) since you must not RR it.

Btw, did each one of you try it with the translation patch or without it? Translation patches in general corrupt some of a game's mechanics.

Guess I'll have to try and see for myself. (Got sick of that Celice X Rana staff lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Tested and Succeded.

Well it took only 2 turns with the jealous system (that means they start at 490p)

However, since I wanted the 2nd Hero Sword, I just kept them together thouth chapter 6 and 7 untill i get the sword from Patty. (+0p/turn to try and keep their relationship at 490)

Afterwards. when i tried to pair them, it took 12 turns ( that makes me quess that when Celice was close to another male character, Celice was losing points from Yuria)

Clearly, from Yuria's point of view, Celice has the lowest proiority from all the other males.

Note: After you create this pair, then RR so that Johan/Johalva's and Sety's speed isn't Glitched. If you never RR in the 2nd generation, Joha bros keep their speed bonuses from their lvl ups and Sety comes with 30 speed. However if you RR, then you lose the speed increse in the Joha bros and Sety's speed returns to 16. So it's better to NOT exp to much the Joha bros until you make the pair. Afterwards, just RR so you can also get the 3-star leadership bonus for Celice.