Lord of Azure Flame Chapter 9: Over the wyvern mountain and through the dark woods

Snowy_One

The wyvern apparently disappointed, but understanding, no longer commanded her attention, and let her move past him to her intended target.

Drawing up alongside the nomad she waited for her exchange with Morgan to reach a pause, then spoke up, perhaps more sternly than she intended. "Kelas, if you've been holding back and hiding a broken arm again, I shall be quite vexed. Let's see it, what's got you hurting this time?" Realizing that her tone was perhaps a bit harsh, she softened her face gently, and added, "...People do care about you, you know?"

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You act like it's impossible even though my sword is stained with demon blood and we just escaped from a undead dragon with a army of flying leeches with the help of a horde of imps and zombies after coming from a academy where revenants are the security." said Esphyr. "If she says it's haunted, it's haunted."

"Oh, Milady," Eric said, seeing Charlotte rest her head. "Please, don't overexert yourself." He moved closer, to catch the princess should she fall. "If we do stop for the night, I can stand watch," he said. "It worked out last time I did."

"But I don't want to go to sleep." said Charlotte, slightly delirious. "We're just going to get attacked by wyverns or demons or dragons or Goddess knows what else. Something bad always happens."

Isotov and Irina

Iso: Because you're being a bit too serious right now. Why don't we wait til we get there before assuming it's haunted, huh?

Kiev was still wandering around when Irina came up to Katie whose lap was still occupied by Iso's crimson locks.

Irina: Umm ... Katie? What's that writing on the ground?

"But, milady, if you do not, you won't be able to go on, for much longer," Eric said. "Please, just relax. Pretend that you are back home, in your warm, soft bed."

Dani yawned. "... I think we should prolly find that town. Even if there's... ghosts in it, it's better than... *yawn*... out here."

"Thanks... are you okay?" Chase asked Charlotte. "You look pale... I for one, think we should all sleep... I definitely need some," he added, then glanced at Dani shrewdly.

"I see no reason to cross paths with any hostile spirits. If sleeping out here is safer, that's what we shall do. We have bedrolls you know." Morgan added, as if the group didn't already know.

"I...all right." said Charlotte, calming down. "It would be nice to have uninterrupted rest for a while." she said, yawning.

Dani, despite her exhaustion, grinned. "Sorry about that, Handsome... You're just fun to bug!"

"... Very well. So, it will be me and Helios taking the watch?" Eric asked.

"<Plains not full of demons such as yourself,>" Kelas muttered as Morgan moved away. "Tessa, I'm all right, I--" She sighed. "Gashes, whip wound around the chest. Do staves work through clothing?"

As Tessa started on her cuts, Kelas noticed Isotov was awake. "Look who's awake. I think after you've been healed-- and I have-- I need to yell at you a bit," she commented. "You're not allowed to get yourself killed."

"I'll take watch," Arrin volunteered. "I've probably had the most rest of anyone."

"If you want, I can see what I can do with a poltice, or you and I can go behind some trees and deal with it Kelas. Though... You probably don't have much to be embarrassed about."

Isotov and Irina

Seeing Kelas scolding him, he smiled and let his eye lids fall a little bit.

Iso: In all honesty I didn't expect them to catch up to me. Outrunning people is one thing, outrunning those hopping freaks is another story.

OOC: Timeskip post. Only Eric and Arrin should be able to hear this.

Something was bothering him. "Eric" Helios said. "Can i talk to you about something"?

"Yes, I don't think there will be any problems about clothing. If... If that's what's been bothering you, put it out of your mind. We could certainly go away from any prying eyes if it were necessary, but if it's just light injuries as you mentioned, there should be no need for anything so extensive as to require you to disrobe," Tessa reassured the nomad archer as she went to work.

"Still, you shouldn't..." she thought about continuing to reprimand her, but decided she must have her own reasons. No point pressing on when it seemed it might be an issue of some serious concern for her, judging by her chronic habit of avoiding mentioning her wounds at all costs. Tessa paused for a moment and looked at her face. As long as I can get her to take enough care of herself, let me help when I have to, it doesn't matter whether or not she tells me her reasons, she thought.

Giving a soft sigh, she concluded, "Okay, you're finished. Get some rest, and you should be good as new."

"Until the next time things go horribly wrong for us," she added softly, wishing it were jest.

"Right, so, everyone else might as well get settled," Eric said. "We can handle the watch. Have a nice rest."

A few hours later, the sun was up, and the traveler was pacing the camp. Only he, Helios, and Arrin were still awake.

"Eric," Helios said, all of a sudden. "Can I talk to you about something?"

"Go ahead. What do you want to talk about?," he asked in return.

"Of course milady isn't a commoner, Helios," Eric said. "She's a member of the clergy, remember? Yes, she may have some... extravagant tastes, but she belongs to the church, nonetheless. What do you mean I'm hiding that?"

Edited by Snike

"No, theres more. The way she walk, her posture, her speech. It seems like that of a nobles. She doesnt have the air of a priestess either. I dont know how i know this but i am positive".

Edited by Kai

Eric frowned. "You must be mistaken. There are a few nobles that are in this group, but milady Charlotte is not one of them. She's been raised all her life in the church, and essentially has never seen the outside world, except for that pilgrimage a few years back. I can assure you that."

Edited by Snike