SPOILERS: Anyone else feel bad for Gatrie

I feel really bad for Gatrie. To not have a paired ending is one thing but for the game to flatout state "he never found true love" is quite sad.

All he wanted was a girlfriend. Sain was even more perveted and he got several women. Gatrie by comparison was much more innocent and just seemed to want genuine love.

I guess he can continue to take Shinon to restaurants at least.

Yeah I do.

You know, when I say him and Sain, I thought he would get a paired ending (too bad in FE 9 it never happens) in both of his games.

Then I saw FE 10 epilogue and I was like "...My goodness! He failed abruptly!"

On second thought, maybe he was like Sain, but never thought of having a family like Sain could.

Edited by Light Lord

Yeah I do.

You know, when I say him and Sain, I thought he would get a paired ending (too bad in FE 9 it never happens) in both of his games.

Then I saw FE 10 epilogue and I was like "...My goodness! He failed abruptly!"

On second thought, maybe he was like Sain, but never thought of having a family like Sain could.

I think he did want to settle down. He was eager to marry that con artist in his support with Shinon and believed her story about having a terminal illness so much he gave her all of his gold.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Actually, on reflection, it reminded me of the ending for my beloved Catria in FEDS. Congratulations, you beat the game.

Catria fell in love and was spurned. The end.

Seriously. That was bullshit.

Actually, on reflection, it reminded me of the ending for my beloved Catria in FEDS. Congratulations, you beat the game.

Catria fell in love and was spurned. The end.

Seriously. That was bullshit.

That was sad(too bad there were no support endings in the remake) and its unclear who she fell in love with(many believe it was Marth but it could've been Abel or Cain too). At least there's a chance though she could find someone else. Its flat out stated Gatrie never finds love with anyone.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

That was sad(too bad there were no support endings in the remake) and its unclear who she fell in love with(many believe it was Marth but it could've been Abel or Cain too). At least there's a chance though she could find someone else. Its flat out stated Gatrie never finds love with anyone.

Gatrie's story is sad. :( The Fire Emblem games can be quite depressing ending wise, which is actually be fairly realistic in some ways (Life is hardly a fairy tale), but it doesn't make it any less sad. It actually reminds me more of Ogma's ending in FE11 then Catria's.

[spoiler=FE11]"Ogma returned to Talys to serve its people. Perhaps love was not his strong suit; history contains no record of him marrying." Catria's indicates that she was unfortunate in love, but not that there is no possibility at a future relationship, but Ogma's appears to indicate that he's in a position similar to Gatrie. Although I suppose that he could still fall in love technically, but the ending makes it sound unlikely.

Edited: Decided that this part of the post was really off-topic, so I removed it. My apologies.

[spoiler=FE11]Based on supports, Catria's romantic options appear to be Cain, Frey, and Marth. The long segment I had analyzing anything more is irrelevant to this topic, although I still have that part of the post saved if anyone is actually interested in reading it.

Edited by PenandPaper71

[spoiler=FE11 & FE3]Abel is certainly not a possibility for Katua, as he and Est are in love with each other in FE3.

Edited by AceNoctali

Many other characters presumably never find 'true love' (since it's not mentioned in their endings). And there are some characters, like Ena, whose partner is dead, or Zelgius, who never had a partner, or Mist (if you don't pair her with Boyd), who is specified to never find love, who are much more deserving of sympathy than a guy who presumably doesn't care that much for 'true love' in the first place.

Well.. I did researched his data as well... such a shame that he didn't found true love....

At least he ain't perverted like Sain does...

Moved to General Fire Emblem forum. Not much can be said specifically about Gatrie without derailing into similar situations for other characters in the series.

Many other characters presumably never find 'true love' (since it's not mentioned in their endings). And there are some characters, like Ena, whose partner is dead, or Zelgius, who never had a partner, or Mist (if you don't pair her with Boyd), who is specified to never find love, who are much more deserving of sympathy than a guy who presumably doesn't care that much for 'true love' in the first place.

Another example would probably be Paola who had a crush on Abel but he chose Est instead.

As for Gatrie, didn't care much about the fact that he doesn't find true love since he kinda strikes me as some guy that would often chase after other girls even when in a relationship.

Edited by Speedwagon

Another example would probably be Paola who had a crush on Abel but he chose Est instead.

WHAT! He chose somebody over Palla?

EDIT: I'm not going to like FE3DS, am I. -_-

Edited by Integrity

>: Yeah, Gatrie is really sad. All he wants is some love, but nooo. IS hates him.

Priscilla was another one that depressed me. So she can fall in love with, what, four dudes? And only Erk doesn't end in TEARS. AAGH.

DX

As for Gatrie, didn't care much about the fact that he doesn't find true love since he kinda strikes me as some guy that would often chase after other girls even when in a relationship.

He was quite eager to marry that ill girl in his support conversation with Shinon in Path of Radiance.

Another guy I kinda feel bad for would is Rennac but his default ending does mention L'arachel.

WHAT! He chose somebody over Palla?

EDIT: I'm not going to like FE3DS, am I. -_-

The situation with Abel gets worse. Est disappears without a trace and Abel goes off looking for her and is never seen again.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

I knew about Abel's creepy cradle-robbing love for Est, but where does it say Palla liked Abel? That whole group is getting creepier and creepier.

Yeah, I feel sorry for Gatrie, but 90% of the RD endings are pathetic and boring. Lazy IS was lazy.

But it could've been worse. He could had that "And he went off and was never seen again" ending, that IS apparently freakin' loves. I hate those with a passion.

Edited by El Rey León

I knew about Abel's creepy cradle-robbing love for Est, but where does it say Palla liked Abel? That whole group is getting creepier and creepier.

See her FE2 and FE3 Book 2 death quote. Also gets support bonus from him.

Edited by Eric The Mercenary

See her FE2 and FE3 Book 2 death quote. Also gets support bonus from him.

Abel's got two girls (maybe even three) wanting him. Part of me would want to high five him and buy him a beer, but the other part wants to punch him in the face for not choosing Palla...