TLoZ: Ocarina of Time remake for 3DS

Edorian

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, they've only released it three times before. Nintendo should calm down or they might burst a blood vessel.

Hopefully Master Quest will be in this one. I never had the patience to play the thing on Gamecube, but I might do on a handheld.

I've seen already that the improved textures are reason enough for people to buy it.

Either way, remakes, ports and Monster Hunter were what set the PSP apart from the DS and now that the 3DS is gonna have it really looks bleak for the PSP successor ...

I've seen already that the improved textures are reason enough for people to buy it.

Either way, remakes, ports and Monster Hunter were what set the PSP apart from the DS and now that the 3DS is gonna have it really looks bleak for the PSP successor ...

Wait, what? Did I miss something or is that just a guess on your part?

The only reason why the PSP got Monster Hunter is because lol DS polygon graphics.

Just watch how the next MH after Portable 3rd is gonna be Monster Hunter 3DS!

Edited by Ike-Mike

I'm actually really excited for this. First of all it's the second remake of the game (Including master's quest, but in my book if there was ever a money grubbing scheme, it was THAT game. "Oh hai thar we just released this game but here's a whole new release with difficult dungeons :awesome:" Not that I don't like Master's Quest as a game, though).

Anyway, this FINALLY gives me what I wanted from Nintendo: A portable version of their N64 best. Yes, new games are nice, but really, have you seen those new games? I don't find myself wincing when I replay OoT as much as I do, say TP or TWW.

Now, if this and SF64DS are launch titles, I'll buy it day one hopefully.

Console of the year all years. I want to throw a given amount of my precious money at them until such a point when they throw one of their 3DSs at me.

Watch the fucking thing be like four hundred dollars

Der god, didn't the gamecube version ruin the game enough. They're going to end up nerfing the difficulty horrendously, because the wining casuals are going to throw temper tantrums on the water temple if they don't.

Watch the fucking thing be like four hundred dollars

Shush, no one likes you when you say things like that.

I'll probably end up buying it anyways whether there is new stuff or not. However, i hate that Forest temple and the Shadow temple IIRC. (The music creeped me out...)

Der god, didn't the gamecube version ruin the game enough. They're going to end up nerfing the difficulty horrendously, because the wining casuals are going to throw temper tantrums on the water temple if they don't.

Aonuma said in a post-keynote roundtable interview that he has regretted how tedious putting on the iron boots is for ten years, and he plans to overhaul the equipping system for OoT3DS. So :awesome:

And I think this remake sounds really sweet. This is definitely the best way to get all the hardcore gamers to go out and buy a 3DS on day one.

Um, do you enjoy acting like this to see what responses you get or do you actually think this way?

Shush, no one likes you when you say things like that.

I don't even want to think about it either, but I've heard elsewhere that it's going to burn a hole in my fucking pocket. I am already crying in monetary agony.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

I don't even want to think about it either, but I've heard elsewhere that it's going to burn a hole in my fucking pocket. I am already crying in monetary agony.

hopefully it won't pass the 200 dollar mark T_T, yeah right with 3d and such i doubt it... :sob:

Anyways, this game would have alkso been fun in wii with the motion sensor.

I'm willing to bet that the majority of possible renditions I am about to list will be included in the game:

-In the forest temple, the spirits of dead kokiris will guide you to where you need to go, taking away the maze like feel of the temple.

-on screen verbal clues will be included as to what to do in strange situations(for an example, a message on screen will say "I dare you to shoot me heh heh" during the portion of the forest temple where you must shoot the portraits.

-puzzles will be made easier/ the player will be given many more clues as to how to complete them

-the ammount of damage you take from some enemies will be lessened.

-Time trial portions of the game will be made easier(ie. Fire temple, Lon Lon ranch, Biggoron sword ect.)

-There will be no islamic chant in the fire temple(there was in the original versions)

-Large portions of the water temple will be removed

-water level controls will be available in the main room at every level

-Navi will tell you the exactly the right way to defeat Dark link( "Link, try using the...)

-Bosses will be made easier(either by lowering their hit points or altering their atacks)

-the eye of truth will no longer drain magic( or the song of storms trick will be mentioned in the game)

-certain items will be made cheaper

-sidequest requirements will be lessened( most noticeably the golden skullata's)

-many secret areas will be disincluded(the Deku stitck expsansion room, the room thats accessed by playing the song of storms by the tree by the castle moat, the various areas located under rocks ect.)

-absolutely nothing will be done about things like the fish trick(where you sell a fish to an npc for 100 rupees)

-Enemies in general will be weakened.

-The location of great fairy springs will be made more obvious

Edited by Sophius

So... negative...

It's Ocarina of Time, man. Nintendo knows it's a classic.

(I would actually hope that they'd take away Navi, but let's face it, she was part of the unique feel of the game. The unique feel of wanting to kill things.)

Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen gay! Link is gay! Listen! Hey! Listen!