No more Ballistician? Why???

I was referring to the original FE3 Book 2 when I said "never."

There was also no playable Pirate, Fighter, or Priest. They all came back in SD with the ballistician yet only ballistician was taken out of this game while the others stayed.

Edited by JosefLior

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was also no playable Pirate, Fighter, or Priest. They all came back in SD with the ballistician yet only ballistician was taken out of this game while the others stayed.

Doesn't change the fact that they weren't removed.

Still, if they brought all those classes back and brought Jake and Beck back, why not make them ballisticians? They could easily tweak their weapons.

Mostly? Because they don't completely trash game balance by having forgeable 10 range weapons.

Doesn't change the fact that they weren't removed.

Still, if they brought all those classes back and brought Jake and Beck back, why not make them ballisticians? They could easily tweak their weapons.

Either tweak their weapons or make them rare with lower uses or higher forge cost, but the ballistae already had the balanced flaws. Arrowspate will run out too quickly on the flyers, stonehoist has terrible hit, thunderbolt wouldn't be of much use with its 10 uses, hoistflamme is stong and accurate but isn't affective on ice dragons, and pachyderm would cost too much to forge for more hit. Money is already an issue in this game so no one would really spend money to forge their ballistas. By the time you get Jake your already done with the flying dragons. Fire doesn't affect ice and vise-versa. Lunatic mode and reverse mode will benefit the most from the ballista since there is no counter so I see the issue. But don't forget you still will only be able to train Jake and Beck on the battle field since you can use ballista for arena, which makes it even harder to train them. The two baallisticians might have made the game easier by a bit, but it would have made them also harder to train. The game would still be balanced in IMO.

Edited by JosefLior

They'd be godly on Lunatic Reverse, though. Imagine the shenanigans one could pull with them, Feena, and Again staves.

Even with all that. By the time you get Jake his offense would suck, again staff wouldn't be waisted like that on any mode let alone reverse lunatic, and feena might have to worry about something else like helping a healer. With stonehoist there hit would be no more than what 65%. They have about one or two pluses, and are even better in reverse lunatic, but it wouldn't break the game especially against the ice dragons who have high defense.

Even with all that. By the time you get Jake his offense would suck, again staff wouldn't be waisted like that on any mode let alone reverse lunatic, and feena might have to worry about something else like helping a healer. With stonehoist there hit would be no more than what 65%. They have about one or two pluses, and are even better in reverse lunatic, but it wouldn't break the game especially against the ice dragons who have high defense.

IIRC, units who couldn't be countered were better than units who could.

I'm not sure how they'd handle Ballistician ammo, but assuming the Ballisticians come with anything other than Stonehoist and/or Thunderbolt (not enough uses to be effective), then Accuracy wouldn't be as big of an issue. If ammo was as limited as it was in SD, then it might be doable. If it was purchasable early on, then there'd be a problem.

My nickname for Stonehoist is Jokehoist.

I was referring to the original FE3 Book 2 when I said "never."

Whoops. I was talking about FE3DS in comparison to Shadow Dragon. My bad. I'm sure balisticians have been replaced with a different class, have they not?

IIRC, units who couldn't be countered were better than units who could.

I'm not sure how they'd handle Ballistician ammo, but assuming the Ballisticians come with anything other than Stonehoist and/or Thunderbolt (not enough uses to be effective), then Accuracy wouldn't be as big of an issue. If ammo was as limited as it was in SD, then it might be doable. If it was purchasable early on, then there'd be a problem.

My nickname for Stonehoist is Jokehoist.

Yes that's what I'm saying. The ballistae still have low uses except for stonehoist. They could've made you get the ballistae from the chapter 5 boss, Jake, and Beck. Then just give you the option of buy 1 of each in a shop, except for pachyderm, in a later chapter.

Because having un-promoted Axe users is more important then having Shooters.

Yep. In my book at least. IMO the shooters are just these weird game-mechanics that don't fit with how the game works. I love axe users, I love early coming units, and Fighter and Beserker (hence pirate) are some of my faves.

The fan translation is Feena. I'd expect either that or Finna (or something similar) in the US game. She dances and can use swords. Low base STR, though, so poorly. Her high growth means she can probably end up with decent combat, at least on lower difficulties.

The fan translation is Feena. I'd expect either that or Finna (or something similar) in the US game. She dances and can use swords. Low base STR, though, so poorly. Her high growth means she can probably end up with decent combat, at least on lower difficulties.

Yep. Should you get her up to level 30, she averages 19 strength even those her base strength is 2. She also caps skill, speed and luck on average.

Yes that's what I'm saying. The ballistae still have low uses except for stonehoist. They could've made you get the ballistae from the chapter 5 boss, Jake, and Beck. Then just give you the option of buy 1 of each in a shop, except for pachyderm, in a later chapter.

Hmm. . .do you happen to know how tight resources are on Lunatic? Assuming the forge formula hasn't changed, it looks like a decent Stonehoist forge (one that concentrates mostly on Hit) might have been enough to convince IS to take the allied Ballisticians out altogether.

Oh sweetttt. That's pretty awesome. A nice dancer with swords is always the way to go