No more Ballistician? Why???

So reading the update I notice that all classes are back except Ballistician. I'm disappointed by this since Beck and Jake helped me out a lot of times with long range weapons.

The good side is that you get Feena which lets you move again. Though 2 characters for 1 is a bad deal.

Anyone agree?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So reading the update I notice that all classes are back except Ballistician. I'm disappointed by this since Beck and Jake helped me out a lot of times with long range weapons.

The good side is that you get Feena which lets you move again. Though 2 characters for 1 is a bad deal.

Anyone agree?

Fire Emblem 3 had no player controlled Shooters.

If there were playable Ballisticians, then it would be an added class for the game. Like Fighters and Pirates.

Augh! No! Jake was my main killer of those mage dragons and other ballisticans!

Damn it...

I agree, 2 for 1 is a bad deal unless the one is uber enough to replace them both. In this case, it isn't.

It's not a good deal. Feena is a terrible fighter(cause her usefulness is dancing), but she isn't an FE4 FE9 FE10 which give 4 units a second action. The other addition would be the Again staff.

Fire Emblem 3 had no player controlled Shooters.

If there were playable Ballisticians, then it would be an added class for the game. Like Fighters and Pirates.

Well since they were added, then why couldn't they add just one more class.

Edited by JosefLior

But we get Feena+Again. So three turns is kinda cool.

I guess. But long range weapons with no counter beats three turns for me. Again staff only has like what 3 uses. This game is looking too similar to FE3 with an FESD feel.

I couldn't really care less about ballisticians, so I don't mind having Feena over two ballisticians. Then again, who knows... maybe Jake or Beck might make an unexpected return.

Well since they were added, then why couldn't they add just one more class.

Because having un-promoted Axe users is more important then having Shooters.

Edited by Rakath

My playstyle didn't make use of ballisticians much so no huge loss. Maybe they'll include siege tomes like Bolting and Meter to makes up for it (IIRC, many enemies used Meteor in FE3)

Or since they have Dark Mages, again, how about giving the access to actual dark magic like Swarm?

My playstyle didn't make use of ballisticians much so no huge loss. Maybe they'll include siege tomes like Bolting and Meter to makes up for it (IIRC, many enemies used Meteor in FE3)

Or since they have Dark Mages, again, how about giving the access to actual dark magic like Swarm?

Like the Swarm you get in FE11 in the last chapter (if you gained Gotoh)?

Worm and Meteor are both long-ranged magic in FE3, both were originally enemy only. So only time will tell if we get them on the player side.

There was a dark mage only spell called Drain, later called Hell since it essentially did the same thing and I guess they wanted a cooler name for it. It reduced the target down to 1 HP if it connected. It had low acc, but it was a pain in the ass if it hit.

There was a dark mage only spell called Drain, later called Hell since it essentially did the same thing and I guess they wanted a cooler name for it. It reduced the target down to 1 HP if it connected. It had low acc, but it was a pain in the ass if it hit.

And unlike Eclipse in fe6 that generally (in enemy hands) has 0% hit on every single one of your units, the ones in fe3 and fe4 were much more accurate. 60 hit on the weapon. Much better than the 10 hit on Eclipse. And, of course, rather than cut you down to half, it knocks you down to 1 hp like GJ mentions in the above quote.

I agree, 2 for 1 is a bad deal unless the one is uber enough to replace them both. In this case, it isn't.

I think Feena is a better unit than both of them combined tbh. And since we're getting the Again Staff as well(Assuming they don't nerf it). It's worth the trade-off.

Hey, she came with a rapier in FE3, right? Was the rapier locked to her and Marth, or was it open to everyone?

I'm pretty sure she did. The rapier, as far as I know, was exclusive to Marth and Feena (it might have been the dancer class and not just Feena, but I don't know this for sure).