Advance Wars Mafia Signups

Tables

Signups only, please  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How well do you know Advance Wars (original series)?

• I've played a few of them, but not AW:DS
    • I've played AWDS and know it's story
    • I know a bit about the games, but not too much
    • Umm... that's the one with the little tanks, right?

Welcome to Advance Wars Mafia. If you're a new player, I hope you feel welcome and, if needed, you can check the standard rules here.

This is obviously the signups topic. Ideally, I want at least 20 players, BUT please bear the following in mind:

I want everyone to be active, aiming to post every day or more frequently. This is because Mafia is a game of discussion, not 'who has the best abilities at night'. Even if it seems like there's nothing to talk about, you can always generate something. If you can't get on every day, that's fine, but bear in mind that unless I'm told in advance that you'll be away, you're liable to be replaced after 3 days. This might sound harsh, but the fact of the matter is, mafia requires a certain degree of participation, and the game is more fun for everyone if everyone is active.

Asides from that, the game will have a large number of unusual roles. There's a few common ones, a few we've seen maybe once before, but mostly it's roles that are new or uncommon. On top of that, there will be AT LEAST 4 different factions in the game. These include the town and Mafia, but may also include the Serial Killer or Cult as anti-town teams, and Survivor (wins by staying alive), Fool (wins by being lynched), Lyncher (wins by lynching a target) and Warlock (wins by correctly predicting who gets lynched twice) as neutral roles. You will be told how many teams there are, but not what ones. Also, the town will have some townies, and a few roles that don't really have any power, but for the most part, will consist of power roles.

Lightning is my assistant mod in this game. He might make a few day end posts or whatever if I'm away. Also, this game will have a story. Whether the story makes sense or not, we'll have to wait and see.

Signups:

Fayt

Ninji

ALS

Raymond

Ether

Sync

Ulki

Core

Proto

Psychout50

John Dory

Yossarian

EmeraldFox

Snike

Pride

Dracohon

Cheezperson

Total: 17

Edited by I Eat Tables

Uhh... oops. I forgot to put the poll in ¬_¬. For flavour purposes, I'd like to know how much people know about the series. Thanks.

Enough. But I do think that Days of Ruin has the better story...

I agree, but the first three I'm more familiar with, know the US names, have a more vibrant and larger cast and I feel more comfortable writing a story based on.

I agree, but the first three I'm more familiar with, know the US names, have a more vibrant and larger cast and I feel more comfortable writing a story based on.

I could get you the US names for DoR

But okay. As long as that's what you want to do.

Ulki

I'll try defending my self better this time... :unsure:

BTW, i picked the last option.

Edited by Ulki

Where is the "played all of them" option?

It's not needed. If you've played AWDS then you know everything I was intending to use in the story. Although I might make some references to AW2, but, meh.

Psychout50

I totally want to see what you have in mind.

I played 2 and DS and I'm like half way on Ruin just FYI I guess.

Edited by psychout50

AWDS is too easy. AW2 is much harder, even on the normal campaign. I'm in, though.

Agreed. AWDS HC with no skills and 'standard' COs (what you'd have in NC) is reasonably challenging on, er, one or two missions. Yeah, it's just way too easy ¬_¬

I'd sign up... but I'm co-modding so that wouldn't work very well.

Also, I picked the third option. As in, I bet I could play it (and since apparently most/all units are generic or don't permanently die or whatever, I'd probably be better at it than I am at FE) but am somewhat clueless to the storyline.

Technically, they die permanently. You just have money capable of mass producing more so you don't care about them.

I wonder if there will be like 5 teams or something for each of the nations.