[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

I had the same problem with Karels tale but then I just replayed another tail and after that he was there.

In Lyns tail is a grammar error, Sigurds says that his name is Siglud.

The game is really interesting in every place is a little story.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Lyn's tale is a grammar error, Sigurds says that his name is Siglud.

Not a grammar error, it would be a spelling error, if it was one.

It's a joke :P

Edited by shadowofchaos

Yo, Arch. I've been playing although I stopped once I got my ass whooped on Tale 4 because those swordmasters just own my mages and Hawkeye and I've found several (like in the ten's probably) typos, as well as random extra spaces. No offense intended, buuuuut, I just feel you should know that someday, they should be fixed, before a grammar nazisomeone is a jerk and points them all out in the most condescending, douchebag manner. D=

Yo, Arch. I've been playing although I stopped once I got my ass whooped on Tale 4 because those swordmasters just own my mages and Hawkeye and I've found several (like in the ten's probably) typos, as well as random extra spaces. No offense intended, buuuuut, I just feel you should know that someday, they should be fixed, before a grammar nazisomeone is a jerk and points them all out in the most condescending, douchebag manner. D=

>_> i'm sorry............

^Eh, nothing was intended towards you. I regret that you took it that way. Had you not posted, it would have never crossed my mind.

@Seph, too many errors for me to point out. It'd be more efficient for him to simply play the game himself with special attention being payed to the script than for me to ruin my experience playing this fun hack documenting dozens of typos. Alternatively, he can get a betatester to do that, although if the betatesters didn't catch it in the first place, it's possible they may not catch it the 2nd time.

If you play on VBA you can just press F12 every time you see an error, then when you're done upload all the images!

Or if gameplay related, a savestate would be far better too, as well as control information. Depending on how much the author really cares about fixing their bugs

(so much easier, one used to have to record beta testers and watch the tapes each time to document bugs XD)

Both moot points, because I'm not using VBA (making screenshots and savestates a pain to do, especially when I'm trying to enjoy the game, not search for errors) and the errors were mostly typo-related (with one graphical one that I couldn't remember so I didn't bother to mention) =P.

Once again, my post was simply intended to inform Arch that while many problems were fixed, several still remain, and if someone just played the game, said problems would be pretty obvious. I didn't see anyone else address the issue in that specific manner, so I was trying to be helpful. It's great that you guys think I'm not being helpful enough, but as a person who's just playing the game, I feel it's enough to inform Arch of the matter, because the errors aren't subtle or hidden or anything (and if the typos etc. aren't obvious, then excuse me for my perspective, I personally thought things like random double spacing kinda stuck out like a sore thumb... I suppose in the case that they AREN'T obvious, which would be shocking, then yes, my post would be pretty stupid).

My opinion of the matter is that it's better to report the existence of an issue rather than just stand by idly and assume that the issue is already known, or stand by and do nothing because I don't feel like reporting the full extent of the problem (in this case, where said text errors specifically are). I could have done nothing, or I could have been super helpful and specifically pointed out each error, which would have taken hours... or I could do what I did, and just let the hack creator figure it out on his own, because Arch's more than smart enough to play his own game and fix some dialog typos.

I doubt you guys will see things with my logic though which is why I apologized for not doing things like the rest of you would like~ (eh, this many sound sarcastic, but it's not)

Anyway, can anyone PM me how to get to chapter 3x? I played the tale twice and couldn't get in either time. D=

(so much easier, one used to have to record beta testers and watch the tapes each time to document bugs XD)

Hahaha, that must have been such a pain. Whoever invented savestates is actually kinda smart, even if it's a simple idea in theory. lol

Edited by Luffy

Finally could get the time to play this. Overall, it's great. There are a few things I want to say about each tale and a few spelling errors I noticed.

Prologue

One of the characters says "We were telling stories from out land". It should be "our land".

Tale 1

Nothing to say about this one. The difficulty was great and I found it quite fun, Swordreaver Berserkers aside.

Tale 2

The only things are those Halberdiers. They are way too strong, at least compared to the other enemies. Halbs have like +5 on every stat compared to Nomads, for example. Also Raven's conversations with the assasin and Thorben have "You're" instead of "your".

Tale 3

Nothing to say about this one, either. Loved it.

Tale 4

See Tale 3

Tale 4x

The beginning dialogue of the chapter was missing a few [A]s apparently. Also the boss is missing both battle and death conversations. If the chapter is finished with the boss dead the cursor goes crazy at the end. Aside from that it's great.

Tale 5

There are two things that I find weird about this tale. First are the reinforcements. Dawson talks about them, then they instantly pop up. Personally I think they could be made to appear one turn later, since otherwise getting warned about them by Dawson doesn't make much sense. Second, the map changes seem to be missing. Otherwise it's a great chapter with a ridiculously overpowered unit (Orun and his apparently 100+ STR growth).

Tale 6

When Karel says that he has moved to the village after losing to Karmann, the game just cuts to the village instead of using the white fade that is used the rest of the chapter.

[spoiler=UNLOCKING THE GAIDENS]1x: Dunno, I got it everytime I played.

3x: Have Prasad kill the boss.

4x: Have Renault wait before the shrine in the northeast of the map.

I dont think there is a 3x, I had Prasad kill the boss, nothing happened.

There was definitely a side-story in there with Prasad that, if you just beat the chapter normally, doesn't really get "answered"... so I'm guessing just have Prasad talk to everyone he can and then kill the boss and we should be fine? XD

Edited by Luffy

There was definitely a side-story in there with Prasad that, if you just beat the chapter normally, doesn't really get "answered"... so I'm guessing just have Prasad talk to everyone he can and then kill the boss and we should be fine? XD

Yeah's what I meant =).