This game hates me

Does anyone else think that reinforcements moving the turn they appear is retarded

a nomad trooper appears and gets a crit hit kill on miledy the turn before Roy can seize I beat the boss and everything 1 turn away from seizing I just forgot to use a save state anywhere in the level fml

I was annoyed by it at first. then I got used to it.

Yeah, that blows. There's other Fire Emblems in which enemy reinforcements move the turn they appear, such as Shadow Dragon on hard mode.

That, Fe5, and Fe3, though I'm not sure about fe3

Does anyone else think that reinforcements moving the turn they appear is retarded

I just forgot to use a save state anywhere in the level fml

No.

Be a man and live without savestates. Every step should be tread with fearful care.

That's why you ought to block every single square an enemy might spawn from. Or if you can't, just get ready to face whatever the hell the game might throw at you.

You could also just suck it up and go on without Miledy.

a nomad trooper appears and gets a crit hit kill on miledy the turn before Roy can seize I beat the boss and everything 1 turn away from seizing I just forgot to use a save state anywhere in the level fml

At first I raged against this as a form of fake difficulty designed to prolong the playtime (which it is on some level). However, after a point you get used to it, and can usually predict at least where enemies may be spawning from, if not when. Of course, if you really need to know, you can almost surely find a list of reinforcements somewhere either in the forums or on SF main site and just bypass the headache entirely.

You could also just suck it up and go on without Miledy.

Unacceptable. Miledy is sex on wings.

FE5 & 6 have horrible RNGs.

You'll see how the RNG roots towards the enemy often.

Fe6 has the same rng as the other gameboy ones.

Fe12 hard mode of course has the enemy reinforcement thing too. no idea about easy mode though.

Fe6 has the same rng as the other gameboy ones.

Fe12 hard mode of course has the enemy reinforcement thing too. no idea about easy mode though.

If I recieved a coin every time someone told me that, I would be rich. =3

But even though true, anyone that played FE6 can tell you the RNG is much worse than the other GBA FEs.

I agree that the FE6 RNG is horrible compared to FE7&8's. But maybe it's because FE7 and 8 had their difficulties lowered when they were localized while FE6 obviously wasn't. The RNG of Japanese-only FEs have always been a bit on the harsh side.

No.

And I'll just say this because I can't make a one-word post.

Well SOMETHING happened between FE6 and FE7&8 because the latter's RNG isn't nearly as bad.

I'll stick with my "lowered difficulty" theory as you haven't offered anything resembling a counterpoint!

Fe6 NM isn't tough, and it doesn't change the RNG as the difficulty gets harder in HM. I could then give you FE10 HM, the RNG is fair.

It's the enemy's stats & numbers that change, NOT the RNG. Otherwise that would be godmodding.

Well SOMETHING happened between FE6 and FE7&8 because the latter's RNG isn't nearly as bad.

I'll stick with my "lowered difficulty" theory as you haven't offered anything resembling a counterpoint!

All the enemies got weaker and luck was increased for most units. It's not surprising that a high-skill enemy with a critical-increasing bow critted Miledy, a low-luck character. Nomads have what, 18 crit? And Miledy would have like, 8 luck maybe.

In addition, later FEs had more accurate weapons and slower, less skilful enemies (in the case of FE7, enemies with no luck at all). I've never had issues myself with units getting critted (although my luck with sleep staves is awful).

I think people need to learn the difference between 1/2RN and RNG. 1/2RN refers to how many Random Numbers are rolled and averaged. Everything from FE6 onward uses 2RN. RNG is Random Number Generator. And since we can't make something generate numbers truly randomly, there are different RNGs. It's possible (probable in my experience) that IS used a different RNG in FE7 than FE6. Actually, in my experience, it seems that FE6 uses two different RNGs for you and the enemy, as, no matter what, you won't hit more than 2/3 of the time unless you have 100 HIT enemies will never hit less than 50% of the time unless they have 0 HIT.

Most of know that. It's been explained here and other places where we see others getting RNG screwed.

But even though it uses the 2 RN system, it doesn't justify on how we get RNG screwed most of the time. Anyone that played FE6 can tell you that.

Most of know that. It's been explained here and other places where we see others getting RNG screwed.

But even though it uses the 2 RN system, it doesn't justify on how we get RNG screwed most of the time. Anyone that played FE6 can tell you that.

I would file that under 'bad luck'.