RD Hard Mode Playthrough

- Leonardo is super-useful here, even at tier 1 level 5. Who knew? His PRF weapon is just that good.

Me!

Honestly, it doesn't matter how bad Leo is, Lugh is so awesome that Leo can be extremely useful on this chapter. Though starting a Meg support in 3-6 might make it easier to hit stuff in 3-12 and 3-13 (namely hawks in 3-13). That is, if you can get it past C rank by 3-13.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see no reason why not. Meg and Leonardo can make C in just three chapters (1-4, 1-5, 1-6). In fact, if you're willing to glue them to each other, they can probably reach C for 1-6. They can easily have B in time for 3-13, which is a nice +18hit for Leo.

I finally figured it out after much pain and grueling with the resets. The problem? I forgot how to do Nolan's, but luckily I saved what I did with him in dry run #2038092384. Now to merely combine the elements.

I finally figured it out after much pain and grueling with the resets. The problem? I forgot how to do Nolan's, but luckily I saved what I did with him in dry run #2038092384. Now to merely combine the elements.

You know, when you combine the two everything is going to get screwed up. That's just how the world works. I apologize for bringing bad news.

I just finished 3-6. I can't give the exact figures for EXP, but I can at least give Levels and stats. The strat is above.

3-5

You know, instead of explaining it, I'm just going to flat out say it. Go watch dondon's video of it. >_>;

Now pretend that Haar can actually double Lombrosso but I gave the boss kill to Titania anyway.

Turns - 2/31

BEXP - 2000/5890

Got the Energy Drop. BEXP'd Titania a level. Ike, Mia, and Nephenee got .99 since Shionon was close to a level up anyway.

Turn 1 I set up so that Haar is directly below the Steel Blade Paladin, but of course above the cliff. He picks up Heather on the way. Reyson uses the Laguz Stone. Titania OHKOes the General and Cantoes forward. Oscar trades the Short Axe, and Oscar equips the Short Spear. I set up so Mia and Nephenee will get a kill on Turn 2.

Turn 2 This is the hardest part of the chapter. Haar KOes the Steel Blade Paladin and Cantoes back. Titania picks up Heather and drops her off. She then moves up. Oscar moves to the other side. Reyson refreshes them. Meanwhile Ike, Mia, and co do what they can for a kill. Heather gets the Energy Drop. Oscar picks her up. Unfortunately my Haar is so fucking fast that he could ORKO the boss with the Brave Lance. So, I just have him equip one of the Axes and then Titania gets the boss kill.

Ike (14.16) - 50 HP | 26 Str | 2 Mag | 29 Skl | 24 Spd | 29 Skl | 24 Spd | 14 Luck | 22 Def | 7 Res
Titania (18.80) - 38 HP | 26 Str | 10 Mag | 22 Skl | 24 Spd | 19 Luck | 22 Def | 16 Res
Mist (2.99)
Oscar (14.06) - 40 HP | 20 Str | 7 Mag | 23 Skl | 23 Spd | 19 Luck | 17 Def | 14 Res
shinon (16.05) - 44 HP | 21 Str | 7 Mag | 30 Skl | 26 Spd | 16 Luck | 20 Def | 16 Res
Rhys (4.65)
Mia (11.40) _ 36 HP | 20 Str | 6 Mag | 27 Skl | 30 Spd | 21 Luck | 16 Def | 9 Res
Nephenee (7.34) - 35 HP | 21 Str | 6 Mag | 21 Skl | 24 S[d | 15 Luck | 17 Def | 16 Res
Haar (2.04) - 51 HP | 29 Str | 6 Mag | 28 Skl | 27 Spd | 14 Luck | 29 Def | 12 Res
Reyson (15.10)
Heather (7.35) - Well at least she looks good!

3-6

Turns - 11/42

BEXP - unsure. I think I got 2564.

Turn 1 - Nolan Crossbows the Tiger. Volug moves to reveal the two Cats on the south end of the map and uses Olivi Grass. Edward shoves Sothe to help Micaiah's aim with Thani. Meg 2 ranges the untransformed Cat up north with Wind Edge. She has 35% Displayed, so she SHOULD miss. If she hits, reset: The Ally Sniper will target the Cat instead! Fiona rescues Meg. Micaiah moves and attacks with Thani. Sothe attacks with Silver Dagger. Jill finishes it off with Steel Axe forge. She then moves 4 U 1 R. Aran moves into support range. Laura heals Sothe. Zihark blocks the A Strike Cat. Sniper weakens untransformed Tiger and the two Halberdiers KO the untransformed Tiger in the south. Zihark is healed by the Bishop. Cat attacks Zihark and Zihark fails to KO. Cat and Tiger attack Jill, and Jill KOes the Tiger on the Enemy Phase. Jill gains a level after harming the Cat. She's at 3.77 now. The two Cats attack Nolan. Nolan obtains a Level up. He's at 2.20.

Turn 2 - I have Nolan swallow a Concoction. Move Sothe to attempt to find the Brave Bow. I have Jill healed up with Laura and Micaiah. Jill KOes the southern Cat with Brave Axe then Canto 5 U 1 L. Zihark should move up, equip Killing Edge, then use Vulnerary. Target the Allies to block the south end of the map. Have Micaiah and Laura Physic Jill. Moved Volug into support range and use Olivi Grass. Fiona drops Meg off. 2 Cats will attack Nolan as well as a Tiger. Two Cats will attack Jill. Nolan should be 3.36, Jill should be about 3.95.

Turn 3 - This is tricky. 2 Physic heals are necessary for Jill this turn. Have Leo attack the Tiger IN CASE OF FAILURE TO CRIT, Zihark should move away and use a Vulnerary. Sothe should finish off the Tiger. Now for the tricky part. See where Sothe is? Both of your Physics have to land there. Shift with Volug, then Shove Sothe. Have Jill finish off her Cat, then Canto 1 D 1 R. You should be right below one of your weakened Cats. Shoot off your Physics. Nolan should just down a Vulnerary and move back 2 spaces. Nolan should be attacked by a Tiger. Volug should be attacked by a Tiger and a Cat. Jill should be attacked by a Cat. Jill should be about 5.89, Nolan should be about 3.75.

Turn 4 - Have Jill finish off her Cat that she weakened. Canto back 3 D 1 L. Have Volug heal himself or Micaiah / Laura do it; either is fine. Moved Nolan 1 U 1 R and heal. Make sure no one is anywhere near this Tiger! There should be a Tiger that is untransformed and should be at Worst Bio. Have Zihark plus Sothe team up on him. Jill should once again be attacked by a Cat and finish it off. A Tiger will attack Volug. 2 Tigers will attack Nolan. Jill should be 7.23, Nolan should be 4.45.

Turn 5 - Jill should be healed again with Physic. Jill should be able to finish off the Tiger with a single Brave Axe shot, but you can also use your Steel Axe forge since unfortunately this thing is at best bio. Canto Jill 3 D. Have Volug grass himself. Nolan should move so he is 2 spaces above the Fallen Tree on the left side of it (IIRC it's 1 D 1 R). Volug should be attacked by a Tiger and a Cat. Jill shockingly wasn't attacked by anything. Nolan should be attacked by a Tiger. Nolan should be 4.79 and Jill should be 7.89, though Level 8 is possible.

Turn 6 - Nolan should move 1 R. There are TIGERS coming at his way. Volug should stay put. Jill should attack the weakened Cat w/Brave Axe. Mine wasn't alive, so you might have to KO the Tiger instead which only requires Sothe throwing Knives at it. Assuming she moves 2 spaces up, she should move 2 D 3 R. Heal up, and have Zihark hold the chokepoint with a Storm Sword and heal himself. He should only hit ~68% of the time on one hit (it's displayed). Jill should be attacked by a Tiger + Cat. Nolan should be attacked by a Tiger. Nolan should be 5.16. Jill should be 9.37.

Turn 7 - Have Nolan move 1 R and use Vulnerary / Concoction. Have Volug use Grass. Heal Jill then have her finish off the weakened Tiger and use the Brave Axe. Move Jill so that she is attacked by the Cat in the sight range. Don't even worry about the Tiger since it likely draws another Cat and Jill might not be able to survive 2 Cats + Tiger. If she can, though, it's possible. You can have her Physic'd again if necessary. Have your allies move away. Heal Sothe. Tiger should just come out of nowhere and attack Volug. He will detransform. Cats will attack Jill. If you have 24 Spd, consider yourself lucky: you quadruple this Cat. Another Cat should attack you, but I was unfortunate and didn't see it. Due to my Jill being Def-blessed this time, she got to Level 11.33. I think she could've braced the Cats regardless. My Nolan was 5.88, but Jill was freaking 11.33.

Turn 8 - Have BK land 1 right before the Reeds and unequip Alondite. Move Nolan 2 L and Concoction. Have Jill finish off her Cat... if it's alive. Then again she shouldn't ORKO the Tiger; that might've been my problem. I have Jill finish off her Cat, then Canto back. I have it so Volug draws in the Tiger.

Turn 9 - Nolan should smash the Right Tiger with Tarvos. Move BK 2 spaces down. Jill tries to finish off the Tiger and succeeds. Volug moves one space right and grasses. 2 Cats and Tigers should attack Nolan. 2 Tigers should attack Volug.

Turn 10 - I have Nolan Physic'd then Nolan uses Tarvos. BK Shoves Nolan forward. I have Zihark Storm Sword a Tiger for Jill to finish off. Leo weakens a Tiger so Volug can Grass then finish it off on the Enemy Phase. Unfortunately Volug is short. I kill 4 Cats this turn with Nolan. Sorry, 5 Cats.

Turn 11 - 3 Enemies left. Nolan Crossbows the Cat. Jill finishes off a Cat. Volug finishes off a Tiger.

Volug did get S Strike.

Micaiah (2.60) - 19 HP | 5 Str | 10 Mag | 12 Skl | 9 Spd | 14 Luck | 6 Def | 10 Res
Sothe (5.57) - 37 HP | 20 Str | 4 Mag | 24 Skl | 21 Spd | 18 Luck | 14 Def | 10 Res
Volug (17.05) - 51 HP | 11 Str | 3 Mag | 12 Skl | 14 Spd | 15 Luck | 9 Def | 5 Res
Laura (4.65) - 19 HP | 3 Str | 11 Mag | 4 Skl | 8 Spd | 10 Luck | 4 Def | 11 Res
Zihark (4.58) - 31 HP | 18 Str | 6 Mag | 23 Skl | 23 Spd | 11 Luck | 13 Def | 11 Res
Nolan (9.27) - 53 HP | 20 Str | 5 Mag | 26 Skl | 22 Spd | 18 Luck | 18 Def | 10 Res
Jill (13.53) - 47 HP | 21 Str | 5 Mag | 21 Skl | 25 Spd | 20 Luck | 25 Def | 11 Res

Yeah, my Jill went from RNG-screwed in Def to RNG-blessed in Def. Go fucking figure.

Edited by Tyranel M

3-7

Turns - 13/55

BEXP - 2500/7630

Funds - 15843

I BEXP Titania a level for +HP, Skl, and Spd. She now Capped Spd. Forged a Javelin and dubbed it "OrangeGlo" while giving it to Nephenee. Got Ike / Mia to B here I think.

Honestly there isn't much to explain. It's a Defend map. I did Card the BK for Speeding and being able to ORKO Ike.

Ike (15.46) - 50 HP | 26 Str | 2 Mag | 30 SKl | 24 Spd | 14 Luck | 22 Def | 7 Res
Ranulf (26.04)
Mist (3.44)
Shinon (16.78) - 44 HP | 21 Str | 7 Mag | 30 Skl | 26 Spd | 16 Luck | 20 Def | 16 Res
Mia (13.31) - 37 HP | 21 Str | 6 Mag | 28 Skl | 30 Spd | 22 Luck | 16 Def | 9 Res
Nephenee (9.71) - 36 HP | 22 Str | 6 Mag | 22 Skl | 26 Spd | 15 Luck | 18 Def | 16 Res
Haar (2.71) - 51 HP | 29 Str | 6 Mag | 28 Skl | 27 Spd | 14 Luck | 29 Def | 12 Res
Reyson (15.90)
Heather (Oooooh shiiiiny Master Crown)
Rhys (5.20)
Janaff (29.08) - 57 HP | 32 Str | 4 Mag | 38 Skl | 34 Spd | 30 Luck | 24 Def | 16 Res
Ulki (28.10) - 59 HP | 32 Str | 6 Mag | 34 Skl | 36 Spd | 25 Luck | 22 Def | 20 Res

3-8

Turns - 6/61

BEXP - 4125/6017

Funds - 9745

I sell the Spectre Card. Forge 2 Hand Axes @3749 each. Used the Energy Drop on Ulki. I screwed up Mia on the last turn and had her attack first on accident. Ranulf should've attacked the Warrior before Mia. >:/ Got B Shinon / Nephenee I think.

This wasn't too hard. Fun fact: you know the Swordmaster that gets hit by the meteor on the first turn? If you attack him with Haar, with Haar being above the SM, then move 1 L, the Swordmaster will attack Haar then die on the Player Phase.

Turn 1 - I put Short Axe Titania in range to counterattack the two Generals and KO the Sage. Ulki and Janaff get high off Olivi Grass and Reyson stones himself. 3 Enemies dead

Turn 2 - There are two Sages on the right side that Haar needs to KO. The second one is 2 ranged, of course. Haar KOes the Elwind Sage then Cantoes back. Ulki and Janaff use more Grass, then Reyson Vigors them and moves 1 space away. This is important since a General can attack Reyson if he doesn't move back a space. Haar 2 ranges the Sage then moves away. Ulki + Janaff team up on a General, then they canto right in front of Haar. They're outside of the Fire Sage's range, but they will be attacked by meteors the next turn. Ike equips his Wind Sword and readies himself into range of the Fire Sage and Short Axe General. Mia KOes a General as well as Nephenee. Shinon KOes the Halberdier. Mia is traded Wind Edge then conveniently shoved so she is next to Ike. Mist is picked up by Titania then Cantoed so that she will be attacked by the Halberdiers on the Enemy Phase. Swordmaster, Sage, and I think 2 Halberdiers (though could've been 3, I don't remember) are taken down this turn as well.

Turn 3 - Unpromoted Titania can juuust KO this General. Attempted to create a barricade with Mia, Ike, and Haar so that Reyson wouldn't die on the Enemy Phase.

Turn 4 - Clean up the mess and send Haar off. Unfortunately I didn't know what happened to the enemies running away.

Turns 5 and 6 Just general clean up. For fun fact: Ulki untransformed after attacking one more enemy.

The chapter could've been planned a little better, but nevertheless I doubt a 5 Turn is possible. Maybe with Haar using a Pure Water on the Player Phase would've made the bottom half a lot easier.

Ike (16.74) - 50 HP | 27 Str | 2 Mag | 30 Skl | 25 Spd | 14 Luck | 23 Def | 7 Res
Ranulf (26.06)
Mist (3.55)
Shinon (17.42) - 45 HP | 22 Str | 7 Mag | 30 Skl | 26 Spd | 16 Luck | 21 Def | 16 Res
Mia (14.82) - 37 HP | 22 Str | 6 Mag | 28 SKl | 30 Spd | 22 Luck | 16 Def | 9 Res
Nephenee (10.75) - 36 HP | 22 Str | 6 Mag | 22 Skl | 27 Spd | 16 Luck | 19 Def | 17 Res
Haar (3.46) - 51 HP | 30 Str | 6 Mag | 29 Skl | 27 Spd | 15 Luck | 30 Def | 12 Res
Reyson (16.40)
Rhys (5.53)
Janaff (29.15) - 57 HP | 32 Str | 4 Mag | 38 Skl | 34 Spd | 30 Luck | 24 Def | 16 Res
Ulki (28.20) - 59 HP | 32 Str | 6 Mag | 34 Skl | 36 Spd | 25 Luck | 22 Def | 20 Res
Titania (20.00) - 39 HP | 26 Str | 11 Mag | 23 Skl | 25 Spd | 19 Luck | 22 Def | 16 Res

3-9

Turns - 5/66

BEXP - 7604/9253

FUK CRK

I don't even want to explain this one.

3-10

Turns - 5/71

BEXP - 6963?/6997/16250

Funds - 22962 + 20,000

BEXP'd Titania to Level 1 promoted. Also gave Ike a Level and Mia / Nephenee enough to get them near .99. Bought 2-3 Olivi Grass; can't quite recall.

Ike, Mia, Shinon, and Nephenee can handle the south fairly well. Hawks, Haar, and Titania handle the North with Reyson support. Having Titania and Haar attack the Generals with forged Hand Axes by Turn 3 Enemy Phase makes the battle run much smoother. This isn't difficult to do really, and I highly recommend fielding units that can Shove / Smite Reyson around. I brought Mordecai to also Shove Ike near the Halberdier.

Turn 1 - Titania picks up Mist, then moves forward. Haar does as well. Ike is Smited by Mordecai and Ike KOes the Halberdier with Brave Sword. Mia attacks the Halberdier that is trapped in the trees. Shinon + Nephenee gang up on the other on.

Turn 2 - Ike KOes the General with Brave Sword, but unfortunately I couldn't trade him so he had to burn Brave Sword uses vs Paladins. I clear a Paladin, two Warriors, and two Swordmasters this turn. Then more Paladins suicide onto Janaff (seriously wtf hit Ulki too you dumbshits).

Turn 3 - There's a Paladin left behind. Titania picks this one up with her Hand Axe forge then Cantoes so Reyson can get into range. Ulki, since he wasn't attacked, KOes the Bishop. Haar 2 ranges a Halberdier and propels himself forward. Janaff uses Grass. Reyson Vigors, then Haar + Titania attack the Short Axe Generals. Janaff and Ulki KO the Purge Bishop and Wyrmslayer Paladin.

Turn 4 - Just more killing. I take out the 2 range bullshit just in case.

Turn 5 - Enemies die. D:

Ike (17.94) - 50 HP | 27 Str | 2 Mag | 30 Skl | 26 Spd | 15 Luck | 24 Def | 7 Res
Shinon (17.92) - 45 HP | 22 Str | 7 Mag | 30 Skl | 26 Spd | 16 Luck | 21 Def | 16 Res
Mia (15.72) - 38 HP | 23 Str | 6 Mag | 28 Skl | 30 Spd | 22 Luck | 16 Def | 9 Res
Nephenee (11.98) - 36 HP | 22 Str | 6 Mag | 23 Skl | 27 Spd | 16 Luck | 19 Def | 17 Res
Haar (3.87) - 51 HP | 30 Str | 6 Mag | 29 Skl | 27 Spd | 15 Luck | 30 Def | 12 Res
Rhys (5.75)
Janaff (29.27) - 57 HP | 16 Str | 2 Mag | 19 Skl | 17 Spd | 30 Luck | 12 Def | 8 Res
Ulki (28.52) - 59 HP | 16 Str | 3 Mag | 17 Skl | 18 Spd | 25 Luck | 11 Def | 10 Res
Titania (2.04) - 44 HP | 29 Str | 15 Mag | 25 Skl | 28 Spd | 19 Luck | 25 Def | 20 Res

=====

Seems like Ike will barely make it to Level 20. I will likely consider forcing his levels, but now I also have Shinon to worry about. Nephenee and Mia, despite their levels not showing it, look alright. An early crown will be necessary for them, but they should function just fine. Janaff might hit S Strike. Not sure about Ulki. If Janaff gets it though... I dunno when.

Edited by Colonel M

Mia (15.72) - 38 HP | 23 Str | 6 Mag | 28 Skl | 30 Spd | 22 Luck | 16 Def | 9 Res
Nephenee (11.98) - 36 HP | 22 Str | 6 Mag | 23 Skl | 27 Spd | 16 Luck | 19 Def | 17 Res

Your Mia and Nephenee are kinda funny where skill is concerned. Mia got 2 points in 8 levels while Neph got, what, 4 in 10 levels?

But Mia is str and luck blessed while being on target for def. HP and res are a little low but not drastically so. Your Mia can probably start bexping, though, to get hp + skl + def/lck.

Neph is funny, too, aside from skill. Pretty blessed in str (unless you gave her a drop, then she's only a little blessed) and aside from skl is mostly on target for the rest. bexp would give skill, hp, and res, though luck could sub for either of the last two there some of the time. No idea if that is worth doing.

As for Ike, he's bexping for spd, def, and luck now, right? bexp to level 18 to start 3-11 and then bexp to level 19 to start 3-E.

28 spd, 17 luck, 26 def. Not bad. Then he gets either spd or luck or res (mag is rather unlikely) if you can manage to get him to level 20 during 3-E. Minimum one point. Average of 0.9 points per level at that point, so you'd be unlikely to actually get two of anything. Not sure that there is a point of bexp for level 20 as well, though maybe the extra point of res and luck/spd in addition to the spd/luck from a cexp level is worth it.

30 spd for 4-1.

Shinon bexps for str, luck, and def. If you have enough bexp you can perhaps pull off 25 str before promotion. Also 19 luck and 24 def. And wow, he capped res.

Nephenee got the Energy Drop. And yeah, I thought their Skill was a little... Odd.

I'm not sure what to do with my current BEXP and Crown escapade. I actually looked at what I had, and ignoring Pelleas's Crown I have juuust enough for Nolan, Jill, Mia, and Nephenee. I'm thinking Mia and Nephenee can just get a BEXP level and just promote now, though I considered giving Nephenee a Horseslayer and having the Paladins suicide on her by Turn 2 Enemy Phase.

I have enough to give Ike his Level (obv), enough to get Shinon to 20/1, and about 4000 left over if I did the math right. But right now my current dilemnas are:

- that Speedwing. I'm thinking of helping either Nolan, Shinon, or Nephenee out. Whoever doesn't get Paragon.

- Paragons. There's 3 of them. Who the hell to give these too?

- Probably some advice with my BEXP dilemna. Mia is probably going to help me with the boss (then again this dude has 50 HP / 22 Def. Max Atk she has with A Ike is 38? Which means 32/50, which means Haar can likely finish it off with his 43 Atk with his forged Hand Axe. Idk).

So some sage advice is needed for this young senile fool. Please halp?

- that Speedwing. I'm thinking of helping either Nolan, Shinon, or Nephenee out. Whoever doesn't get Paragon.

Just stick it in the convoy and wait until part 4? Your AS thresholds are roughly 26/28/27/30/31 for the first 5 part 4 chapters, so try to get an extra character to meet those.

- Paragons. There's 3 of them. Who the hell to give these too?

Whoever needs the EXP. Or Mist.

- Probably some advice with my BEXP dilemna. Mia is probably going to help me with the boss (then again this dude has 50 HP / 22 Def. Max Atk she has with A Ike is 38? Which means 32/50, which means Haar can likely finish it off with his 43 Atk with his forged Hand Axe. Idk).

If you want to 5 turn this chapter, you're probably not getting Mia over to the boss.

Well now I got a question. In my 3-11 Clear I didn't equip Ike with a Slim Sword.

Unfortunately this is a problem. Ike has 31 Def now on top of his 50 HP. Volug went from doing 11 damage with S Strike (22 + 14 = 36) to a whopping 5. I guess granted, it might be possible to Card him with Nolan / Volug / Jill maybe, though I'm not sure. Nolan has 5 Mag sadly, then again Volug has 6. Jill also has 5. I guess it's possible since Int noted that Ike does not counterattack on the Enemy Phase. Well I guess Z works too with his magical 6 Mag.

But yeah, I'm just rather curious if I should just slide back and try to equip him with a fake weapon like Slim Sword. After all, the +5 Def makes it harder to pierce him. The chapter isn't too hard now that I figured out what to do, so it's merely just replicating the strategy (which is practically ingrained into my head now).

Btw just so I can say it:

If you want to 5 turn this chapter, you're probably not getting Mia over to the boss.

I actually got Mia over to the boss and 5 Turned the chapter. Praise I shall receive y/n?

Edited by Tyranel M

Well now I got a question. In my 3-11 Clear I didn't equip Ike with a Slim Sword.

Unfortunately this is a problem. Ike has 31 Def now on top of his 50 HP. Volug went from doing 11 damage with S Strike (22 + 14 = 36) to a whopping 5. I guess granted, it might be possible to Card him with Nolan / Volug / Jill maybe, though I'm not sure. Nolan has 5 Mag sadly, then again Volug has 6. Jill also has 5. I guess it's possible since Int noted that Ike does not counterattack on the Enemy Phase. Well I guess Z works too with his magical 6 Mag.

I don't feel like digging. Are you sure he won't attack on enemy phase no matter what? Or is it just that he won't go after anyone and if you are two range when a one range weapon is equipped that he won't switch weapons in order to attack?

But yeah, I'm just rather curious if I should just slide back and try to equip him with a fake weapon like Slim Sword. After all, the +5 Def makes it harder to pierce him. The chapter isn't too hard now that I figured out what to do, so it's merely just replicating the strategy (which is practically ingrained into my head now).

Probably for the best to give him one of slim/bronze.

Btw just so I can say it:

I actually got Mia over to the boss and 5 Turned the chapter. Praise I shall receive y/n?

Rockin'

I guess it's possible since Int noted that Ike does not counterattack on the Enemy Phase. Well I guess Z works too with his magical 6 Mag.

Just to be clear, it's not that Ike doesn't counter-attack, it's that he does not move from his starting position for a while. This is what makes Jill so good at whittling him down, because she can Canto out of his Ragnell range for Enemy Phase.

Impressive.

You'll probably want to get Ike something other than Ragnell. While cards are nice since they hit RES, if you're relying on them for damage it could take a while to get it over with. Even if Ike is at Base RES, Jill's 5 MAG still only does 10 damage with a Daemon Card.

The trick with Jill is to get her to tier 3, since she gets +4 MAG on promotion. If Ike has 8 RES with his 50 HP, that's a 4HKO. And the cards are just to whittle him down, naturally, since the last round of combat everyone can just go balls-out on him for the KO.

It's cool. I replayed 3-11 (only took me two tries. First time I f'd up Manith"s position) and had him equipped with a Slim Sword.

Now it's a matter of not taking advantage of my Super Jill's Def and letting Nolan do some leveling in 3-12. Shockingly he doesn't need much. The dumb problem is what route to send him to after this of course. And just about anyone except Haar and Jill.

Any cool ideas what to do with two badasses in a scrub brigade?

Nolan needs to level in tier 3, so the Hawk Army is out. He'd do well in 4-2, but run up against the clock in the form of a 2-turn clear of 4-5.

If he has the AS for it, you could send him to Greil. Tarvos will probably need a Hammerne use, so that he has something that'll keep him alive, as he won't have a support partner. This would give you some more muscle for 4-4, which is arguably the most difficult chapter in Part 4 to low-turn.

Otherwise, I would send him to Silver. Chapter 4-P is basically a smörgåsbord of CEXP for him, and 4-3 can be handled by having a flier air-drop him (with Leanne's help) into a sweet position near the BK on Turn 1. Celerity will allow him to move 3 squares in the desert.

I went with door #3, did not regret it. Nolan got plenty of training.

3-11

Turns - 5/76

BEXP - 5268/19504

Funds - A lot!

I will get stats later. Anyway, BEXP'd Ike a level. Mia gets a level as well with a Crown. Shinon also gets a BEXP level. Given:

- Janaff Celerity

- Ike Blossom

- Haar Pass

- Sigrun Savior

- Nephenee Paragon and Provoke (ehehe)

- Shinon Paragon and Shade

- Ulki Smite

I believe that's it. If you're asking about Blossom, it was actually so Ike didn't grow a level!

Turn 1 - I had to set up so that Nephenee would take every single attack barring 2 of them; one being a Hand Axe throw that would be aimed at Nephenee. I equipped my 2 range option so that Nephenee would not draw in the Hand Axe Paladin, which is important for Janaff. Haar 2 ranges with his forge. Ike uses a Pure Water here. Sigrun moves right behind Haar.

Turn 2 - There will be about 4 Paladins near your side now with one at full health. I had Nephenee + Shinon KO the two closest ones. The further two that were near the Swordmasters were kept alive as they cannot reach Ranulf nor Rhys. Rhys Physics Nephenee. Janaff transforms and KOes the Fire Sage then Cantos forward 2. Ulki gets shoved, uses Grass to fill up his gauge. Mia moves near Ike to boost Ike's hit rate vs. the Short Axe Warrior up to 88%. Haar charges and KOes the General. Even if this dude is missed, the Hawks will clean him up. Sigrun picks up Mia and ferries right next to Haar. Tanith moves near Haar and Sigrun. Ulki KOes the Thunder Sage and Cantos 1 R. Janaff KOes the Wind Sage with the Barrier block.

Turn 3 - I actually didn't have to do this, but I dropped off Ike where Leanne would be able to chant on Ike. This is okay, actually, since I found out on Turn 4 the furthest Onager cannot reach you. Sigrun cleans up the Bishop with Ellight then Cantoes forward. Ulki KOes the Wind Sage, Haar KOes the General. I just had it so that Ulki and Ike got Vigored, but Ulki getting Vigored wasn't necessary. Ike has to move 1 D, 2 R, 2 U, then 2 R and thus he can KO the Ballista Sniper without falling into the traps. He will then Provoke many of the enemies to charge at him and thus die instantly. Fun times were had. Ike wants Pure Water to assure himself survival from the Sages, which admittidely do hurt like hell. He shouldn't miss either: I checked with Animations on and he seems to have 100% Hit rates on these enemies, maybe a little less on a couple perhaps but in general they should all die. I had Janaff Grass this turn.

Turn 4 - Haar moves to receive Mia, then Janaff picks up Ike. They both move into Leanne's Vigor range after being Smited by Ulki. Sigrun, Marcia, and Tanith make a waffle formation so that Leanne won't be targetted by the furthest Onager. Ulki doesn't have to do this, but after a Smite he does so anyway to prevent Leanne from taking max damage. Also, if you drop Ike off instead and put Haar across from the wall like so:

[E][W][H][E]

S - Where the Seal normally would be

E - Empty

W - Wall

H - Haar

I - Ike

You can have Haar attack the one Onager on the bottom, thus Rhys should never have to heal Leanne. Due to me not setting this up (since I didn't Vigor Haar on Turn 3), I had Rhys heal Leanne before she was Smited.

Haar drops Mia off just so that she can walk 7 spaces up to the boss, trades her to have Storm Sword equipped, then is dropped and Haar moves 1 L. Janaff moves 11 Spaces, though he has to make a detour around the Onager, then drops Ike off. Ike will need to be Smited next turn by Ulki, which should be very easy to set up.

Turn 5 - Haar 2 Ranges the boss while Mia swoops in for the kill. Janaff KOes the Bishop blocking Ike's way then moves off so that Ulki can Smite him. Ulki moves to be Vigored by Leanne. Ulki Smites Ike, then Ike seizes.

Also during those turns I had Nephenee and Shinon do their thing on the left side. I also gave Marcia, Sigrun, and Tanith a kill on Turn 5 as well as Ulki getting a free shot on the Onager Sniper but no one gives two shits about what happened with them. I did forget to equip Slim Sword, so this should turn out interesting.

Another way to make the boss kill easier is to have Janaff with both Celerity and Nullify. This is actually possible if you BEXP Janaff to 30 and not equip him with Tear.

Ike (18.81) - 50 HP | 27 Str | 2 Mag | 30 Skl | 27 Spd | 16 Luck | 25 Def | 7 Res
Marcia (8.78) - 36 HP | 16 Str | 6 Mag | 18 Skl | 23 Spd | 15 Luck | 17 Def | 15 Res
Tanith (16.00)
Sigrun (19.43)
Ranulf (26.06)
Shinon (19.18) - 45 HP | 23 Str | 7 Mag | 30 Skl | 26 Spd | 17 Luck | 23 Def | 16 Res
Mia (1.46) - 43 HP | 26 Str | 10 Mag | 31 Skl | 32 Spd | 22 Luck | 20 Def | 13 Res
Nephenee (15.06) - 38 HP | 24 Str | 8 Mag | 26 Skl | 27 Spd | 17 Luck | 19 Def | 18 Res
Haar (4.35) - 52 HP | 30 Str | 6 Mag | 30 Skl | 27 Spd | 15 Luck | 30 Def | 12 Res
Rhys (6.19) - 27 HP | 8 Str | 25 Mag | 18 SKl | 14 Spd | 23 Luck | 7 Def | 25 Res
Janaff (29.37)
Ulki (28.55)
Leanne (6.60)

3-12

Turns - 6/82

BEXP - 3863/3879

I put enough BEXP on Jill to get her to .99, then the rest on Nolan. Holy fuck did Nolan do well: Tarvos is amazing. I also put Paragon on Nolan for this round. I bought 2 Silver Poleaxes; one for Nolan and one for Taur.

I'm not really going to go in-depth. The key is once Nolan can double, he has a lot of breathing space thanks to Tarvos. On the Player Phase turn, just have him equip Tarvos and watch enemies die. It was a pretty amazing sight.

Micaiah (3.16) - 20 HP | 5 Str | 11 Mag | 12 Skl | 10 Spd | 15 Luck | 7 Def | 11 Res
Sothe (5.83) - 37 HP | 20 Str | 4 Mag | 24 Skl | 21 Spd | 18 Luck | 14 Def | 10 Res
Tauroneo (15.14) - 39 HP | 24 Str | 12 Mag | 23 Skl | 21 Spd | 18 Luck | 22 Def | 16 Res
Volug (17.22)
Laura (4.99)
Leo (7.13) - 18 HP | 10 Str | 0 Mag | 14 Skl | 11 Spd | 7 Lcuk | 7 Def | 7 Res
Jill (14.90) - 48 HP | 21 Str | 5 Mag | 21 SKl | 25 Spd | 21 Luck | 25 Def | 12 Res
Zihark (5.00) - 32 HP | 19 Str | 6 Mag | 24 Skl | 24 Spd | 12 Luck | 14 Def | 11 Res
Nolan (15.01) - 53 HP | 22 Str | 5 Mag | 26 Skl | 27 Spd | 21 Luck | 23 Def | 13 Res

That Nolan is no joke by the way. He is, though, -2 in Str and Luck, but 2.25 blessed in Def and +1 in Spd. Still, the Def didn't do much when I triggered Tarvos on Turn 4.

3-13

Turns - 5/87

BEXP - 4458/4532

BEXP'd Nolan and Jill up a level, then Crowned Jill. This chapter was pretty nail-biting, but thankfully (for some reason) the Tigers move before the Cats, which allowed Sothe to survive on Turn 4 Enemy Phase. It was rather hard to do this too, and perhaps I made a small gamble. Thankfully, Tauroneo himself is pretty magical. Gave Nolan Paragon and Jill Beastfoe + Vantage.

Turn 1 - Jill needs about 24 Def to take the 41 Atk Tiger, 39 Atk Tiger, and two 29 Atk Cats. This adds up to 17 + 15 + 5 + 5 = 42. On her average level she would have ~45 HP | 24 Def. If she lacks 24 Def; have her support partner walk nearby. She stands on the very bottom of the edge: right below the Short Spear Halberdier.

Turn 2 - Jill should heal herself. Created a wall so Volug could step down and finish grassing himself.

Turn 3 - Killed the laguz around Jill's group.

Turn 4 - Kept the Cat alive. Had Jill Card Ike.

Turn 5 - Jill + Taur Card Ike, then Nolan rushes in and finishes Ike off.

Not sure how possible a 4 turn is without doing something like promoting Taur like dondon did it or abusing my blessed Jill.

==========

So now to summarize what I did in 3-E:

- BEXP'd Ike to 20. He is 1 pt off from capping his Spd. Ike being Spd-screwed is pretty hard to do; especially if you're smart with BEXP.

- BEXP'd Shinon to promotion. He can actually equip Adept and Paragon, which is pretty awesome. Will take advantage of that.

- BEXP'd Janaff to 30 and gave him Tear. He's almost at S Strike, so now is as good of a time as any.

- Gave Nephenee a Crown. She looks... good at least. Technically I think she's blessed. 15/1 Nephenee has 25 Str on average w/Energy Drop and rounding up the .9. Mine has 27. Pretty sturdy too.

As for Funds, I have wtf 42,062. DB will not be bringing much to the table, but I think there's still about 3-5K's worth even with my odd spending habits. BEXP-wise, after I did all that, 4,944. I can practically take Mia and Haar up to .99 with it. I bought 3 Olivi Grasses. I think this should be enough to stabilize my laguz.

Now of course the hardest part is figuring out how to distribute the following:

- Paragons (Shinon is pretty much bound to keep his)

- Forges, if I should even bother with 2 range forges or "wait"

- Who goes where

- I also have another Speedwing... oddly enough

I'll probably figure these out on my own, but hey, suggestions are always welcome. If you need the badasses stats:

Ike (20.--) - 50 HP | 27 Str | 2 Mag | 30 Skl | 29 Spd | 18 Luck | 26 Def | 8 Res (A Mia)
Janaff is pretty straightforward.  (C Ulki).  Same with Ulki.
Shinon (1.00) - 49 HP | 26 Str | 11 Mag | 32 Skl | 28 Spd | 18 Luck | 26 Def | 20 Res (A Nephenee)
Mia (1.46) - 43 HP | 26 Str | 10 Mag | 31 Skl | 32 Spd | 22 Luck | 20 Def | 13 Res (A Ike)
Haar (4.35) - 52 HP | 30 Str | 6 Mag | 30 Skl | 27 Spd | 15 Luck | 30 Def | 12 Res
Nephenee (1.00) - 42 HP | 27 Str | 12 Mag | 28 Skl | 29 Spd | 17 Luck | 22 Def | 22 Res (A Shinon)
Titania (2.04) - 44 HP | 29 Str | 15 Mag | 25 Skl | 28 Spd | 19 Luck | 25 Def | 20 Res (A Mist)
Nolan (17.--) - 53 HP | 24 Str | 5 Mag | 26 Skl | 27 Spd | 23 Luck | 23 Def | 13 Res
Jill (2.--) - 54 HP | 25 Str | 9 Mag | 25 Skl | 28 Spd | 23 Luck | 28 Def | 17 Res

I will probably never get a Jill (or even Nolan I bet) like that ever again.

Edited by Tyranel M

The annoying thing about determining forges is that you can't make stuff until 4-2. You basically have to guess what you'll need for 4-P and 4-1. 4-P has a lot of 1 range, and 4-1 I suppose Hand Axe Titania can go west and spread destruction. Probably want to make sure you have at least two good hand axe forges with a reasonable amount of uses remaining. I don't know how much else you need.

3-12: Badass Nolan. I wish that mine was as good as yours was on SPD; he would have been able to double + ORKO a bunch of stuff and made that chapter a lot easier. I wouldn't have had to rely so much on Jill.

Forges: Hand Axes, millions of them. When you think that you've made enough, forge two more. They will be incredibly useful for Jill, Titania, and Haar. Even Ike can justify packing one, since they are his most accurate 2-range weapon. Javelins are less necessary since you only need them for Neph and they are kind of balls even when forged, but can be handy if Nephenee is not going to Hawk.

Isn't it better to rely on Jill than Nolan? After all she has flying ability or is it his Tarvos that wins his favor? Not like it matters much since both are pretty useful to the Dawn Brigade. I do agree with Interceptor about the hand axe forges. I personally found them the most convenient weapons throughout the game because they're so cheap yet useful.

I worded that badly. What I meant was that I didn't want to shoulder the entire burden of clearing 3-12 onto Jill, which is essentially what happened (due to a Nolan that could not fight properly). My preference is that Nolan sees as much action as possible here, with Paragon. Kills taken by Jill are kind of wasted once she gets to a high level in tier 2.