Faval dislikes people who use nightmare

Tables

212sf8w.jpg

Looks pretty awesome, right?

Look harder. Something doesn't look right.

Oh. Crap.

This was my exact though when I noticed it. I know archers have bad durability, but, seriously?

As for an explanation of why this happened: Briggid had major Ulir and minor Narga (don't ask). Her lover Holyn had minor Odo and minor Hezul (go go A rank sword Patty!). All holy blood was hacked to give +5% to whatever growths it already gave. Briggid had 53 HP and her normal 50% HP growth. Holyn had 56 HP and his normal 90% growth.

Combine the above information and work out Faval's base HP.

Holyn's HP addition = 36

Briggid's HP addition = 33

Faval's HP addition = (0.5 + 0.45 + 0.5 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.15) * 9 = 18.9

Faval's starting HP = (33 x 2 + 36)/10 + 18.9 + 20 = 49.1 = 49

[spoiler=Incorrect conclusion I'm leaving here anyway for lolz]Umm... from there, I'm not entirely sure what the problem was. Perhaps the HP, like the other stats, goes through a mod function - mod 45 to be precise. If this is correct, then when I recruit Sety...

[spoiler=Calculations]Levin's HP addition = 35

Briggid's HP addition = 30

Sety's HP addition = (0.5 + 0.25 + 0.15 + 0.25 + 0.5) * 14 = 23.1

Sety's starting HP = (35 x 2 + 30)/10 + 23.1 + 20 = 53.1 = 53

He'd be expected to have 8 HP. Hmm... this could prove to be interesting.

But now I'm confused... I just looked up Altenna, and she normally joins with around 51 HP according to the site. Perhaps the problem Faval had was a growth exceeding 200%... but then Lachke and Skasaher were fine, and they have every kind of holy blood (Let's just say that Dew was awesome). Blargh. Now I want to know what happened to cause this, since clearly this isn't right. Any ideas, anyone?

Edited by I Eat Tables

Once, i hacked FE4 on nightmare and paired BriggidxHolyn and what do i get? Asaello and Patty on the same pt.

Edited by Viyut

I already said that didn't work due to Altenna joining with more HP than Faval should have had ¬_¬. But it must loop around somehow, I'm just not getting how.

I already said that didn't work due to Altenna joining with more HP than Faval should have had ¬_¬. But it must loop around somehow, I'm just not getting how.

The overload of bloods?

Though Altenna is fixed, as CuanXEthlin is stuck, whereas Briggid can be paired with anyone? Perhaps that's it?

Hm, it might be related to that, but Altenna is still treated the same way as other pairings, at least, as far as I can tell. The overload of bloods might be causing a problem, but trust me, lots of people have the same number of bloods (just not at such a high base level...)

So, Sety's just come out. He has major Holsety and minor Noba and Blagi. 52 HP (also 8 STR, 25 MAG, 24 SKL, 20 SPD, 20 LUK, 14 DEF, 21 RES. Heck yes!). Yeah, something went wrong with Faval, and I don't know what.

Altenna came out as well but I forgot about her ¬_¬. 54 HP. And her STR wrapped back around to 10 :(. Although an 85% growth should help her get back on track... still, 26 mt with a Steel lance... also, she's joining with capped SPD. The alternative of joining with 6 SPD is... less than appealing. Glad I didn't level Cuan and Ethlin more than I did :P

Semi-related to the topic, but Faval still creams the arena. Who needs HP when you can dodge everything? Also, that 200% HP growth (anything over 200% becomes 200%, apparently) is nice - with 10 HP and 14 DEF, I can probably survive a round from quite a few mooks.

Edited by I Eat Tables

• 2 weeks later...

An Archer with 4 HP.....Kinda reminds me of the Zombie Archer glitch from FE7. Now, if the game really wanted to punish you for hacking Faval would've had a 4 in every other stat as well.

You're spot on, Dondon, but the other difference is that other stats are calculated and recorded relatively - e.g. a swordfighter that has a stat recorded at 0 would have 10 SPD (the base stat), while HP is recorded absolutely - low level children are often below the class caps.

Clearly, if it is a wraparound glitch, it's working in a different way to Sety and the like.

• 2 weeks later...

The same thing happened to me. Altenna game with 13 base HP. She is now level 30 with 40. EVERY (well almost) other child character has 80.

It's annoying but thanks to my other edits she can dodge/take a hit.

• 5 weeks later...

Necrobump, but with interesting new content.

14trgbn.jpg

He's the son of Holyn!Faval (Briggid) and Lex!Skasaha (Holyn). Since you probably don't want to add everything up, that makes his growths:

252% HP

77% STR

14% MAG

127% SKL

55% SPD

102% LUK

80% DEF

10% RES

Now, every other character has base HP about what I'd expect from them, except Faval. I have to wonder if there's just something about Faval which messes stuff up (Patty, with a 242% HP growth, is sitting on 54 HP at level 16). But checking Bal's Let's Play, there's nothing unusual about him, yet whenever I've hacked, his HP has been messed up (presumably looping in the first scenario).

Oh well. It's amusing to see a level 3 HP capped Faval, especially considering he's going to cap everything but MAG and RES by about level 15.

Yeah, 80 HP is totally fixed. Your input was so helpful in helping us figure out why Faval's HP is strange in this way.

Want a medal? It's the authentic Croix de Now Shut The Fuck Up.

Yeah, 80 HP is totally fixed. Your input was so helpful in helping us figure out why Faval's HP is strange in this way.

Want a medal? It's the authentic Croix de Now Shut The Fuck Up.

A little too far on the smarmy/flaming side, but yeah. I still have no idea what caused this or why it only affects Faval. Although I've now discovered that Leaf and Corple's HP growths seem messed up (Leaf's should be about 200%, but it acts as though it's 100%, and Corple's is about 170% but seems more like 50%). Meh.

A little too far on the smarmy/flaming side, but yeah. I still have no idea what caused this or why it only affects Faval. Although I've now discovered that Leaf and Corple's HP growths seem messed up (Leaf's should be about 200%, but it acts as though it's 100%, and Corple's is about 170% but seems more like 50%). Meh.

What can I say? I'm not a fan of people who type in only one case.

Actually on topic, I have no clue as to why this is happening, but I think it's :awesome: . But yeah, hopefully we should be able to find this out sure enough. I'd help, but I'm crap at maths with a pitiful understanding of the game, so...can't really be of much use, I'm afraid.

so i should keep my mouth shut and dont tell you anything i know while you're so proud of your stupidy

thanks for your advice

What Furetchen was clearly trying to convey outside of his disgust with your inability to use capitalization is that your post provided no insight into why it happened. 80 HP on a level 3 Faval isn't considered fixed at all. The info they want is why something like this happens.