Best/Worst in the Series: Round 49

NinjaMonkey

Worst: Wendy. I can't recall how bad Lyre is but she's getting plenty of votes as is and Wendy needs to be in the worst 3 for this.

Can't do damage, can't double, can't defend herself. And she's a cat.

Her high movement is only good if you want a bait in 3-4 or something.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't do damage, can't double, can't defend herself. And she's a cat.

Her high movement is only good if you want a bait in 3-4 or something.

Quite awful indeed. Not to start some silly Lyre vs Wendy debate but there is BEXP to have her get to 30 and learn her Mastery. Inefficient and incredibly stupid yes but probably easier than leveling up Wendy and because of that 4 MOV she has, the option of being bait isn't really available >_>.

Quite awful indeed. Not to start some silly Lyre vs Wendy debate but there is BEXP to have her get to 30 and learn her Mastery. Inefficient and incredibly stupid yes but probably easier than leveling up Wendy and because of that 4 MOV she has, the option of being bait isn't really available >_>.

That's part of why I voted Wendy as well. Lyre is at least partially fixable with an Energy Drop or two, BEXP, a support, and some fed kills if you want to walk up the slippery slope to use her. Wendy has unreliable Hit if you try to even feed her kills, low movement in a game with big maps dominated by great mounted units, unimpressive growths (Lyre's aren't great either, but BEXP and guaranteed +1 help), and joins right before maps with a bunch of Axe users. She supports crappy units as well. Wendy would likely get my vote for worst unit in the series.

Oh, and if this does start a Lyre vs Wendy debate, it's my fault, not yours.

Just doing a little nitpicking here...

@Bold: Emulation's already possible for FE12 and there is already a patch that translates some names and menus which is pretty much what a player with common sense needs... actually, a player with common sense doesn't even need the translation, it doesn't take long to learn the commands (I still haven't patched my ROM) in the game but there's people out there who don't wanna bother with that so whatever. There's also people like myself who are playing it with a Flash card and can download the content and convert the saves so it's possible for people on No$GBA to play the downloadable episodes when they're available.

@Underlined: The only difference worth noting for this context between FE1 and FE12 is simply how long it's been since their release. Seeing as how the translation page for SF doesn't have a patch and there's been requests for a translator for an FE1 patch, it's basically in the same situation as FE12, Japanese and no translation that's nearly complete like the others. However, FE12 has it easy since its gameplay and UI are more tolerable faster than FE1 so it's Japanese + slow outdated gameplay/UI vs Japanese + "up to date" UI + lots of help with the game available at this time.

Okay, so there are only two problems, then:

Time available (important for number of people that have even played)

Feelings of guilt for emulating (for me, and I'd assume most people that feel at least a little guilt, the amount of time since the game was released is inversely proportional to the amount of guilt felt in emulating rather than buying)

Either way, it seems like there will be so few votes for anyone from fe12 that while there is no reason to disallow votes for characters from that game, there is also little reason to vote for anyone from that game.

Best: I've got a three-way tie for first in my head. . .it goes to. . .YOU, Nailah.

Worst: Do I have to pick only one? Really? Darn. Yuuno. Even the Triangle Attack won't redeem her (and I'd rather take a stroll through Sacae anyway).

Titania (FE10) and Farina. Honorable mention goes to the sisters in FE11, but Palla's Speed is questionable, Catria's Strength growth occasionally flips me off, and I've seen what happens when Est refuses to cooperate.

I realized that Nailah could beat the other two combined, so she got my vote.

I'm surprised at the lack of Karla in this topic.

I'm surprised at the lack of Karla in this topic.

Because Lakche exists as the top female SM.

She was voted number 2 in SM overall in this topic, for one, only beaten by Rutger and beat her own cousin with the +20 SPD, +10 SKL Holy Sword.

Karla is only really strong storyline-wise.

Nailah is pretty awesome though.

I meant lack of Karla as worst unit (either that, or I was imagining the near-nonexistent damage she did to her enemies).

Oh.

Karla is still an SM.

SMs get +15 Crit and a lot of dodge, and Karla comes with a nice weapon for the better SMs with beautiful amounts of crit.

Thus Karla, while not very useful at all, is far from worst, per se.

But she was voted worst SM if that counts for anything.

As for the two most voted (worst) in here...

Wendy is an Armor that starts with defense low enough to get one-rounded by archers in HM. And 4 move. She has triangle attack, but how are one ever going to move all three armors, with their impressive 4 move, all together in a triangle, without horrible turn count is beyond me.

Training her, even with arena abuse, takes way more work than it's worth.

I've never tried.

Haven't played enough RD to comment on Lyre.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I meant lack of Karla as worst unit (either that, or I was imagining the near-nonexistent damage she did to her enemies).

Karla isn't even the worst in her game, so it's unlikely she'd be voted for this. Wendy and Lyre are, and ironically enough, the next three people better than Lyre are also eligible in this topic.

Karla can double alot of enemies with her 18 Spd and below average Atk. For example, there are a few Warriors and magic enemies she could get dibs on and even 1RKO with a Wo Dao or Killing Edge. She's not the worst.

Karla's problem was that she wasn't doing anywhere near the damage I expect from sword-users (but she's usually competing against Sain/Kent, at least one Assassin, Hector, Raven/Guy, and possibly Eliwood).

I haven't played enough FE6 to judge Wendy's usefulness (or lack thereof), and Lyre gets the advantage of BEXP + Blossom to help offset her amazing(ly bad) growths.

Best: Multi-way TIE! There's Tana, Thany, Karla, Fir, Miledy, Florina, Vanessa and Sheeda.... BAH Whatever, my vote goes to Tana, cause she's a beast as a Wyvern Knight.... High RES + High DEF + Decent LCK + MAXED STR, SKL, SPD = WTF! Flying Tank of DEATH! She has beastly growths!

Honorable mentions to Eirika, Lyn and Echidna (she was quite dodgy as Hero!)

Worst: lolWendy = lolstats + lolbases + lolmovement + lolclass + pain in the ass to train! Amelia has more potential than lolWendy and at least can promote to Cavalier which is more easier for me to handle.... or otherwise I had a major horse fetish

Best: Changing my vote to FE3 Book 2 Katua since Book 2 Paola is getting quite an attention.

Worst: Lyre

Edited by Dark Legend Vampire

This is not a nice question to be asking me.

I'm going with my current fanboyism and saying FE11!Catria (because I haven't played 3 or 12 yet) for best, even though I know it'll change by next week. That was hard. :(

Gonna change my vote to FE12!Catria because, by all accounts, she's even better. Plus, consolidating votes is a good thing.

Worst: yeah, Wendy.

Edited by Integrity

Best: I have a feeling that FE3Part2!Palla and FE9!Titania are gonna win the first two spots, so I'm gonna help out third by voting Lakche. Very hard to screw over, and is one of your best non-legendary-weapon-wielding units. (And I'm liking Noce X Ayra a bit, even if only it's because of critical.)

Worst: Wendy. Nothing else needs to be said here. Simply put, she sucks, period.

Edited by LittleAl

Best: Hurray for biases, but Est. For a less RNG screwed person, I would easily go ahead and say her older sis Paola takes the cake. And unlike the character I'll mention below their Triangle Attack was useful.

Worst: Yuuno!! To be fair, only Tate seemed useful out of this bunch!!

Best: Farina

Worst: Meg

I nominate best special battle theme (along with Fayt) if thats not legible then I have no inclinations for next round

Edited by mikethfc