Yay! Big Boss Emblem!

calculuswhiz

Just as I get the 242nd star on SMG2 you have to blow it out of the water with a feat like that <_<

AH well congrats and would you mind explaining how you did the bike scene because even with the solar gun I still need a ration for big boss hard level to get through it.

What non-lethal weapons did you use? I have yet to get the solar gun or any worthy emblem (I'm working on my second playthrough. I hardly ever get to play this game...).

The ending of Act 2 is annoying (driving away with Drebin), and the bike scene with Big Mama is annoying in Act 3.

On Drebin 893's tank: Must have: SOLID EYE!!!! Facilitates shooting Gekko.

Don't have to take out the power suits. Just stay low with stun knife on the "zombie's" (I like to call them that). Or just 1shot with solar gun. Either way. I prefer the latter method.

Machine Gun is excellent cover for the Gekko area (It shields you). If you suspect a guy coming up behind, leave immediately and CQC slam or stun knife.

Shoot the gate a few times, turn to face the tank (the "MGS"), blow it up, shoot the gate like your life depends on it ('cuz it does.).

Gekko are pretty much all that matter now. Shoot them in their Weak Points. Use the Machine Gun as Cover!!!

If you didn't know this already, you can download OctoCamo patterns from Extras. Metal Camo makes the Marketplace part easier, but is not necessary.

On Bike Chase: Must have: Solid Eye, Smoke Grenade (any color), Mk 2 pistol, it's a good idea to have autoaim, maybe solar gun. Do not attempt to use Chaffs (yes, you can get them in South America.)

First off, they go down in one hit. So don't even think about using a lethal weapon to injure.

Call it sissy, but autoaiming w/ solar gun on the CheckPoint works pretty good. (For the record, I did it once without the solar gun or autoaiming.)

Autoaim also works pretty good when the Raven and her bots start chasing you. (Don't shoot the bots!) When you see the first guy, duck until the autoaim cursor shows up, aim and fire your tranquilizer! Next guy shows up on your right, so keep looking there. When the autoaim shows up, shoot him. Easy, right? Need Smoke Grenades for next part. There's an intersection that, if smokes are timed correctly, should get you between the twin Jeeps gunning at you without damage. Takes some practice. Solar Gun helps for next, or just well timed smokes. (Sometimes, it is slightly dependent on luck if you get damaged, though.)

Yeah, keep your solar gun/ mk. 2/ smokes(/maybe twin barrel v. rings?) out. Better hope you hit those Haven Troopers down the stairs, or problems can happen.

I ended up using Stun Grenades (only for Beauty fights), Mk. 2 pistol (a lot.), solar gun (not so much), chaff grenades (Shadow Moses), no twin barrel, smoke grenades (bike chase), 1 magazine clip, and colored smoke (fun to use, mostly. I like laughing (yellow), 'cuz it causes them to shoot each other! Haha!).

Items I relied on: iPod (especially after bike chase, as you don't heal! ["Rock Me Baby"]), Solid Eye (duh), rations (no, i didn't eat them, I gave them to the neutrals), Syringe (Screaming Mantis, Vamp), Drum Can (like once)

Lethals (for Robots and Beast/RAY fights): REX's Weps (Gatling and Missiles), Rail Gun, M82A2 Sniper Rifle (good Helicopters, Tanks, Beasts), Operator (Shoot the dolls on S. Mantis fight, or just something with a laser pointer), Mantis doll (S. Mantis), I think that's all.

RAY strategy: Stay near land. RAY is strong in and near water. Gatling gun at first, and move back! Ready triangle button! When he's still, use AT missiles. I never found a use for the laser, but... When you see him about to use the Water Cutter or his Gatling gun, dodge!!! Don't charge him when he's shielding. You'll get hit. BAD. Shoot his missiles with the Gatling Gun. If you see him fall, you can charge him if you want, but it's risky.

Vamp: tip: Shoot him once with the solar gun, and he's down. Makes sense, right? Vampire? Solar Gun?

Liquid:

1: Get him with strong punches. Get him near the edge. When he gets up, strong punch and he'll dodge, so do it again and he'll fall. Wash, rinse, repeat. (Teehee.)

2: Stay out of reach of strong punches. Then, strong punch him.

3: Wing it. Ready your triangle button. I just basic combo'd him from here. Sure, he still got me, but I lived.

So I am ever-jealous of people that have MGS 4. I only ever got one night with it, enough to beat the game at a friend's, and have not since played it.

I really, really want to.

I never got to play it because of a mean brother :sob:

He had it and never let me play it. When he would have let me play it the game couldn't be read by the PS3 :sob: