Reverse Mafia Summary

Fayt Zelpher

Well, that was fun. The masons win. So, Raymond, the head mason, and Tables, his night 2 recruit, have emerged victorious.

Ninji, the other mafioso and Balcerzak, a traitor, were shot and killed last night by the masons. Now that the masons have two people and can never be eliminated, there's no way that their faction can be wiped out and they will necessarily win the game within a day or two. So, good job to all.

Oh, and as for the cult, Core was actually targeted by both the masons and mafia night 1. Since Masons had the first action of the night, Core was shot before he had a chance to recruit, and so as of day 2, the cult was completely eliminated and there was only one mason left. If Psychout had not cheated and gotten himself killed, and Raymond had been lynched instead, the game would have been a victory for the mafia/traitors.

Also of note - both the masons and cult had a single bullet, which entitled each faction to make one kill over the course of the game. Because Raymond killed Core night 1 and Core's gun was unused, Raymond picked it up, allowing his team (okay, just him) to make two kills (If Core or Raymond had been lynched, the person who cast the hammering vote would have picked up the gun.). Raymond recruited Tables night 2 and killed Ninji and Balcerzak, ending the game in his favor.

Anyway, I thought that balcerzak was a mafioso from his claim, personally. And I thought Raymond might be the other one. Turns out I was pretty wrong :P.

I agree, giving the mason the cult's bullet was unbalanced.

Raymond, why did you pick me?

Wait, what? That wouldn't mean a double kill, unless Ninji shot Bal...

Yeah it did. The masons shot twice in one night.

As for the cult PM, the smudged out text basically referred to them having a gun. This is the full PM:

You are the cult leader. Every night, you may attempt to recruit one person to your faction. If your target is a traitor, that person will be converted to a cultist in the morning and will be added to this PM. In addition, the cult has a gun with a single bullet. Once per game, you may elect to shoot one person. Barring protective or roleblocking powers, that person will die in the morning.

If you die and there is at least one other cultist left alive, the remaining cultists may vote to elect a new leader. If that person dies, the rest of the cult will die as well.

Your actions take place after the masons, but before the mafia. This means that if both you and the masons attempt to recruit the same person, that person will join your faction. In addition, if you shoot the last mafioso, their night kill will not go through.

You win if your faction controls at least 50% of the town in the morning.

Edited by Cocytus

Yeah it did. The masons shot twice in one night.

... Ah. They visited the CL, instead of shooting him. Sorry about that.

I bet after Night one you were like, "YES!" when the voting began to turn to me, Raymond.

Anyway, I thought that balcerzak was a mafioso from his claim, personally.

That was the best possible way things could have played out for me. If everyone accepted my ploy as a soft-claim for mafia, then no-one would try to recruit me, leaving it that much more likely that they might try to recruit actual mafia. (A slight increase in probability, sure, but an increase nonetheless.)

Of course, this did raise the risk of making the real mafia too suspicious, which could have ended up backfiring, but there was also the very real possibility that cult/mason might have kills they might be enticed to waste on me, which would be better than them killing actual mafia. (Which did in fact happen in end-game, but was too little, too late.) On the assumption that mafia were not the only killers, I thought these possibilities roughly balanced.

There was also the added goal of just trying to flex my capacity for pulling off Life-level bullshit, which paid off enormous dividends, as I feel I got some good exercise out of the situation.

I don't know that it was ultimately the right play to have made, but it didn't end up hurting, which means it was more or less a success in my book.

See, know you know I don't lie when I like my roll.

That Dethy game, that mini mafia round, here.

I lye when I'm scum or something like villager.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Anyway, I thought that balcerzak was a mafioso from his claim, personally. And I thought Raymond might be the other one. Turns out I was pretty wrong :P.

I agree, giving the mason the cult's bullet was unbalanced.

Raymond, why did you pick me?

Yeah, I totally bought Bal's claim as well. Since I wasn't certain whether psych had said the truth about Ninji being Mafia, I just ended up shooting both - after all, I could. :P

I picked you as a recruit because I thought you deserved to win as well, due to the psych cheating incident. And because I was 100% certain at that point that you were a normal traitor. After all, I didn't know that the cult had in fact already been eliminated (I only was told about the bonus bullet at the beginning of this night), and wasting another recruit on a cult member would've left me open to a lynch, so I wanted to make sure to recruit a traitor.

I bet after Night one you were like, "YES!" when the voting began to turn to me, Raymond.

Well, not quite. After all, psych was pretty insistant on getting rid of me. I dunno how he found out, but as he got modkilled due to cheating... Well, lucky me, I guess. :awesome: