Lightning's Mindscrew Mafia Game Topic

riariadne

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life... claiming as Russell Hantz... Part of me wants to point out how BLANTANTLY FALSE this is, while the other half is pointing of how BLATANTY OBVIOUS it is for Lightning to give you that role.

Argh.

Ok, let me explain to you the reasons why this claim cannot possibly be "BLATENTLY FALSE". And learn how to spell.

I am the Survivor of this game. I just need to make it to the end. Now if I was actually falsifying my Role PM, you then have to ask yourself these two questions.

1) Why would I claim as Russell Hantz, a person that I idolize when playing social games like these?

2) Why would I claim on Night 1 before we can even vote?

The first question has an obvious answer. I wouldn't claim as Russell. Makes no sense to me since it's way too obvious. If I was truly faking my role PM, I would have chosen either a winner that I liked (Ethan Zohn, Sandra Diaz-Twain...) or someone who was similar to Russell in the mindfuck division but didn't have everyone wanting to kill him (Johnny "Fairplay" Dalton, Jonathan Penner...). And that's considering that I was picking a person from Survivor. I could have picked Shuya Nanahara from Battle Royale (the movie) since he is a survivor of that game. I could have picked Ralph from Lord of the Flies since he survives the island. There's so many people I could have picked.

Now that has a beautiful WIFOM that states that "Russell Hantz is the last person that you would pick since he's so obvious and therefore should be the basis of the role PM". Except... I claimed on the first night without a real reason. I could be trying to take suspicion off of myself by being so open in the first place but that's not why I did it. I could just hide behind a facade of being quiet instead and achieve the same goals. However, I want to lead the village to lynching the right people. I can usually see through people's bluffs when they're right out in the open.

Tell you what. If someone in the town has a killing role, target me on the first night available. If I don't die and someone else does, I think that's proof that I'm truly innocent and should be trusted.

@Life: Actually, you could still be mafia in that case.

Welcome to the world of WIFOM, buddy. I could be Mafia but it seems pointless of making a claim this early to try to look innocent. If I was truly Mafia, it could easily backfire since a cop could just check me out at night and say that I'm lying the next day. I'd be playing with unnecessary fire for the sake of playing with it.

@psych: Hmmm. Well, fair enough for now.

##Unvote psychout

@Life: Well, you've been known to pull some seemingly ridiculous things, so I wouldn't exclude that as a possibility, especially if the mafia happens to have a politician or driver or something similar.

Not sayin' that I think you're mafia or anything, I just wanted to point out that the kill thing doesn't 100% prove that you are what you claim to be.

Ok, let me explain to you the reasons why this claim cannot possibly be "BLATENTLY FALSE". And learn how to spell.

Oh the irony.

I could be trying to take suspicion off of myself by being so open in the first place but that's not why I did it

Thats what I thought as your role appears to be that of a scapegoat and whilst targetting you would prove your innocence it will expose thie vig. giving the mafia a clear target unless lightning confirms the town has a killing role.

No not cop. But close.

Does that mean you're the tracker then?

Because if so I'd assume the mafia wouldn't meet tonight as night 0 has no deaths.

Thats what I thought as your role appears to be that of a scapegoat and whilst targetting you would prove your innocence it will expose thie vig. giving the mafia a clear target unless lightning confirms the town has a killing role.

Actually, I guess. Well, just so you know, I'll be asking psychout if I'm the greatest ever.

Time to play the WIFOM game.

Ha. I bet Life is unlynchable too, and can just pull idols out of his pocket.

That would be incredible. LIGHTNING, ADD THAT TO MY ROLE PM NOW!

EDIT: Actually, he should have made me Unlynchable instead by using HIIs.

Edited by Life Admiral

Actually, I guess. Well, just so you know, I'll be asking psychout if I'm the greatest ever.

Time to play the WIFOM game.

:huh: Surely if you tell us all now the mafia know who you're targetting too and can target psychout to kill you.

OKAY :awesome:

But seriously no.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, that should confirm the fact that I am telling the truth. Lightning himself has basically admitted to me not lying about my role.

:huh: Surely if you tell us all now the mafia know who you're targetting too and can target psychout to kill you.

Ah but what if I was saying that so that I don't get targetted and then I don't actually ask psychout if I'm the greatest ever?

Ah but what if I was saying that so that I don't get targetted and then I don't actually ask psychout if I'm the greatest ever?

That would mean psychout wouldn't die and having lied once the town would probably try to lynch you.

No wait the mafia would've still targeted him its fine.