FE10 Patch request (DB Doesn't Suck Mode)

H3X/AntiStyle

So, thinking about it, I realized that the Dawn Brigade pretty much has one major flaw: They're always underleveled. The enemies seem to be designed to go against teams of higher levels, better equipment, all of that. So why does the Dawn Brigade keep getting screwed? So here's my idea: Fix the Dawn Brigade.

It would be painfully easy. All that would really have to be done is patch the game to have all/most of the DB have either Paragon or Paragon/Blossom locked to them. That way they either level up faster, or just get better level ups.

I'd do it myself, but sadly my Wii appears to not wanting to cooperate with my USB drive, so I can't rip the game myself and therefore do such awesome things.

[PS - Wii patching is possible. See here.]

Intended changes:

Units to have Paragon only -

Laura

Meg

Tormod

Maurim

Volug

Fiona

Paragon/Blossom Combo

Miciaha

Edward

Leonardo

Laura

Aran

Jill

Vika

Pellaes

And then Mist 45% STR growth so she's not wasting that Florette. >.>* If it's not possible for whatever reason then let me know, but...

But... I don't really like HM... :/ I'm not you super power FEers who look at FE7 HHM and say, "Man, I remember when I thought there was a slight irk of challenge in that..."

I just want to use the newer characters without penalizing myself. :o

And actually I managed to get the disk image on here. Now my only problem is that if I'm right, adding the skills to them would throw the pointers off and screw up the game... D: Could anyone tell me if this is maybe wrong?

Edited by H3X/AntiStyle

Please quit saying table. This is not a spreadsheet; it is an ISO.

As I've said before...aren't there utilities for correctly interacting with the file system? You might want to use those. Should be a process of extracting and reconsolidating the file system.

If I extended the JFP format to have delta provisions you could even make patches of your changes that are less than a kilobyte in size...

If I were to go that route, I'd personally recommend editing the character's bases and growth rates instead. Appending items to the skill arrays would be a pointer nightmare.

Please quit saying table. This is not a spreadsheet; it is an ISO.

I would like to point out that this is the first occurrence of the word "table" in the topic. >_>*

Also, I've been able to extract the files and stuff like I said. I'm thinking maybe I'll just figure out how to hack those skills to cost 0... And make someone come with like 5.

What about Nolan?

While I like the idea and don't find it fun to be unreasonably and annoyingly challenged by a game, esp., when I'm trying to have fun, one thing you could do is get massive BEXP through cheats, allowing you to decrease the gap between levels of units. You can also give them 99 experience and then deploy them after every chapter so that they can get "legit" level-ups sometimes. However there are negatives to this too.

I would personally just use some "cheats" (ye olden GameShark moments) to help you out, rather than actually alter hard data. It's far easier for something like this, and allows more user control.

Though on the whole the game is meant to be this way, and if you're really suffering from not liking the disproportionate levels, just abuse some bosses or something with some of the characters :/