Let's Play! X-COM: UFO DEFENSE

Integrity

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 8 is the character limit, so your name might be Lightnin, but yes.

Blacerzak is 9 letters though.

Lightnin would still be pretty cool.

Also, I would've thought one of the screenshots said "Researching Loser Weapons" if you didn't mention it said Laser Weapons. .-.

Alos, make a base named Lalaland.

Edited by Lightning

Make a dood named MID-BOSS. You know you wanna.

Other names:

Duracell

Integer

Levin

Jaffar

And when and if you gain PSIONICS, you better make one and name him Mewtwo, cause yeah.

I don't have any ideas for bases at the moment.

Well, spoiler alert: everybody has Psionics. You just don't know how powerful they are (and can't utilize them) until you research Psi-Labs and get them screened.

Case in point: I found in my last game a soldier named Gheb who started with a natural max Psionic Strength, which is all sorts of ...wrong.

Anyway, HAY (short) GEOSCAPES

----------

geoscape_144.png

This means that we can finally transfer a garrison to Inn'n'Out. Let's do that.

geoscape_145.png

I'll send Spock, Inigo, Tarkus, and Stefffff.

geoscape_146.png

geoscape_147.png

Two pictures because I forgot to send them weapons with the initial rush. :awesome:

geoscape_148.png

What NOW you tell me?

geoscape_149.png

INTERCEPTOR-3 is here!

geoscape_150.png

This is the Equip Craft screen. In it, you can see I've put an AVALANCHE Launcher on the first hardpoint and nothing on the second yet. That's about to get another AVALANCHE Launcher but I figured I'd take the shot so you guys could see it. Later we'll have shit like Plasma Cannons with infinite ammo.

----------

geoscape_151.png

hay aleins

geoscape_152.png

What the FUCK is with the Arctic? I need to go patrol there for alien bases or something.

geoscape_153.png

I catch it over Nightmare's homeland. Incidentally, the Interception battle music is fucking awesome. I'll get you guys a sample next time, because it's so awesome. Kitty can beatbox it.

geoscape_154.png

Hit him, lost him, hit him again, crashed him. Let's get the Ranger out from Echidnation, despite the long-ass run. It's probably gonna be night when we get there.

geoscape_155.png

shut the fuck up the missiles are on the way.

geoscape_156.png

tactical_001.png

----------

There's a batch of soldiers on the way, but they didn't arrive before the alien showed up. Stats in the next GEOSCAPE.

eck, Empire. I actually distinctly enjoyed Empire for a while, but the end-game you just steamroll and the performance - oh God, the performance.

That said, I'd follow it.

Edited by Integrity

Shortest update yet!

----------

tactical_148.png

Genericistan. A probably sandy place, with likely much oil and little water, where generically sun-browned men fight each other - or maybe others - for reasons inexplicable. Yes, 'tis a hot or at least warm and most likely uninviting place.

tactical_149.png

tactical_150.png

Well they wasted NO time. Six shots all fired at the tank in two moves.

tactical_151.png

Floaters.

tactical_152.png

BOOM, Balcerzak.

tactical_153.png

BOOM, Skitarii. Actually, that shot missed but the next one hit and I took a shot thinking this one was going to hit.

tactical_154.png

Je-sus, they're crawling all over the place. Good thing Pride's a pretty good sh-

tactical_155.png

Of COURSE it requires one more TU.

tactical_156.png

Joey to the rescue.

Position, end turn and-

*click*

geoscape_157.png

geoscape_158.png

wut

Edited by Integrity

If you need more redshirts? Furetchen, Yossarian and Mouldy Pete are at your service.

Others (Myth references all) would include Oderic (the Bowman Hero of 2), Cruniac (needs more umlaut, but w/e), and The Narrator.

EDIT: It's been over a year, and yet I must change use of 'moar' to 'more'.

Edited by Furetchen

Aha. Flash actually crashed while uploading this update, but I got everything sorted fine.

----------

geoscape_159.png

Our intrepid SKYRANGER, leaving Genericistan for milder frontiers. Then, suddenly-

geoscape_160.png

This guy needs a name, the hulking dude carrying a suitcase full of money representing everything from a plane to four soldiers. Really. I rename the soldiers and stats at the end per usual.

geoscape_165.png

Incidental shot so you guys can see what an experienced soldier looks like. The things to note are RECOVERY TIME in the top-right, showing I'm out of commission for the next TWENTY DAYS (that's something like five updates at this rate), and the shaded areas of stats. That indicates how far a stat has improved since its base. My Strength has gone up massively due to whoring the Heavy Cannon. It also has your logged kills and sallies. After the next TACTICAL update I'll see who's winning for kills.

geoscape_166.png

A-HA! I was waiting for this. Let's kill it!

geoscape_167.png

Four hours and INTERCEPTOR-1's entire payload later...

geoscape_168.png

Missiles for Inn'n'Out!

geoscape_169.png

Let's catch this one this time, shall we X-COM?

geoscape_170.png

whore.

geoscape_171.png

hmm. Let's wait until morning before investigating that crashsite. Incidentally, crashsites decay if you don't get to them in a certain time - but they'll never disappear if a craft is currently en route. So if it's going to disappear at 0800 the next day and I sent a RANGER to it at 0750, it won't disappear on schedule. Checks are made at the top of the hour, so it would then disappear at 0900 - unless something was en route.

geoscape_172.png

COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO, X-COM

geoscape_173.png

geoscape_174.png

tactical_001.png

-----------

Stats!

[spoiler=Levin's stats]geoscape_161.png

ahahaha oh man it's impolite to laugh. Level X Shock :(

In good news he has, uh, upper-tier health and bravery? So he'll make a really, really good meatshield that doesn't panic?

[spoiler=Integer's stats]geoscape_162.png

Not to be mistaken for Integrity. Oh, man, I need Interceptor to follow this too. We'll have an Int Brigade.

A souped-up version of Levin, minus nine points of health. Ah well. Least everything else is better.

[spoiler=Lightning's stats]geoscape_163.png

fucking finally another decent Assault.

Actually, this guy is high-tier everything but STR, which is pathetic, and Bravery, which is perfectly average. And Stamina, but that's not really lacking and it doesn't matter too much.

[spoiler=Furet's stats]geoscape_164.png

Tied for highest level agent with Joey.

Perfect Bravery and Strength. Perfect TUs. Good Throwing Accuracy and Health and Stamina. This, my friends, is a good Medic.

I got the compilation after I lost my Myth 1 discs. I've beaten Myth SOOO many times and Soulblighter twice.

I still have the strategy guide for the first one. I regard it as a great work of literature.

Okay, guys. I have a whole TACTICAL update ready, but Photobucket is, well, being a penis right now so I'll get it writ' later. Incidentally, Kitty has the most kills at 9, Ballsack (?!) is #2 at 8.

Bitches love my TACTICAL update.

----------

tactical_157.png

Today's episode takes place in the rural farmlands of Oklahoma or so. An idyllic place, full of sunshine, happiness and-

tactical_158.png

-reaction fire the instant I leave the RANGER.

tactical_159.png

In fact, let's throw in an extra alien for free.

tactical_160.png

tactical_161.png

Boom, boom.

tactical_162.png

hm. Good thing you have those 3 TUs left, Pride. Let's bail you out.

tactical_163.png

tactical_164.png

wut.

Joey MISSED.

tactical_165.png

OH FUCK NO JOEY. JOOOEEEEYYYYYYYYYY

tactical_166.png

He, he, he...what? JOEY!

tactical_167.png

STEP ASIDE AND LET THE MAN GO THROUGH

tactical_168.png

tactical_169.png

One fatal wound to the right arm. You'll live, soldier. Thanks, Soren!

tactical_170.png

Let's destroy his cover.

tactical_171.png

teehee~

Balcerzak's autoshot actually blew up one hedge with the first shot, blew up the second hedge with the second shot, and killed the alien with the third shot. Safe.

tactical_172.png

He then turns south and destroys the landscape to not much avail.

tactical_173.png

WHAT THE FUCK KITTY MISSED TOO?

tactical_174.png

TWICE?!

tactical_175.png

cheers pride.

----------

tactical_176.png

That little shinies is smoke. That means the UFO reactor blew up. This is a smaller version of what we should have fought.

Wow.

tactical_177.png

It would be REALLY funny if there was another alien to the south I missed.

tactical_178.png

Time for fun. PRIDE GO!

tactical_179.png

Two aliens, no reaction fire. That's good. Let's get to the corner.

tactical_180.png

what. the fucking. shit. Kitty misses again.

tactical_181.png

ENEMY PHASE: REACTION FIRE.

tactical_182.png

Pride takes a counter-shot and misses.

tactical_183.png

Baster takes a counter-shot and doesn't.

tactical_184.png

tactical_185.png

y helo thar. your back is to me. i have a rape rod.

tactical_186.png

tactical_187.png

BZZT

----------

geoscape_175.png

SPECTACULARLY handled, X-COM! I'm proud of all of you.

I'm a little sad Joey's missing a few battles cause he's really pr0, but oh well. At least he and his godly accuracy lived.