Funny, Unknown, Interesting and Stupid Facts about FEDS.

I doubt anyone has said this, but did you know the strength and speed growths off all the unpromoted armor knights in this game add up to 60.

Want proof?

Draug: 20str + 40spd=60

Roger: 50str + 10spd=60

Dolph: 30str + 30spd=60

Mac: 35str + 25spd=60

I wonder if this was all coincidental or if IS designed them like that? Not that I care, as the only one worth using out of this list, IMO, is Draug.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt anyone has said this, but did you know the strength and speed growths off all the unpromoted armor knights in this game add up to 60.

Want proof?

Draug: 20str + 40spd=60

Roger: 50str + 10spd=60

Dolph: 30str + 30spd=60

Mac: 35str + 25spd=60

I wonder if this was all coincidental or if IS designed them like that? Not that I care, as the only one worth using out of this list, IMO, is Draug.

One of Dolph and Mac that I can't recall which is good and Roger has a cool speed base. Draug's probably the best though.

Horace has worse growths than Jagen.

One of Dolph and Mac that I can't recall which is good and Roger has a cool speed base. Draug's probably the best though.

Dolph is the better one, especially after he's given a few levels as a merc/hunter to boost his speed. That's because he knows the meaning of the phrase 'personal defense growth'. Mac has moderately worse bases and growths, the only stats he has higher than his friend are str and lck(Dolph has +15skl/def over his friend.), as well has having D lances as opposed to C lances. In other words, Macellan sucks.

Horace has worse growths than Jagen.

If you are counting personal growths, that is true. Horace has 50% BGST as opposed to Jeigan's 65%. When your BGST is worse than fucking JEIGAN, then you have issues.

Of course, if we include the bonuses from their base classes, Horace has 170 as opposed to 160. Just shows you that Gen is a better class growths wise than Paladin.

Besides, Horace hardly cares about his growths. His bases are good enough to carry him throughout the midgame, that is, until all the C20 silvers/braves(depending on the mode)show up, then he's fucked.

Edited by DA125

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Est received a moderate nerf in her growths while Catria barely received any nerf (actually her Strength growth was increased). This made Catria just attractive to use as Est, essentially removing the Est archetype from Est.

Chapter 24x is the only chapter where you can face Warriors, Berserkers, and Swordmasters as generic enemies. Incidentally, these classes were not in the original game, so I suspect that's why.

Since this might be a weak fact, I'll include one more:

Nobody joins as a Swordmaster or Berserker, if we're not including generic units. To get one you either have to promote/reclass a unit.

Chapter 24x is the only chapter where you can face Warriors, Berserkers, and Swordmasters as generic enemies. Incidentally, these classes were not in the original game, so I suspect that's why.

Not all that relevant, but that got changed in New Mystery, where you DO see SMs and Warriors as generic enemies. But even in that game, no-one joins as a Swordmaster.

Okay, some about the actual game...

Shadow Dragon was the first FE to be released in Europe before America.

If you reverse the anagram of SD, you get DS, making this game, at least in the localised versions, have a similar naming motif to Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Contrary to what you might think, SD was not the first game in which killing off (or not recruiting) a certain character was a requirement to recruit another. FE5 takes this honour, with Eyrios.

Contrary to what you might think, SD was not the first game in which killing off (or not recruiting) a certain character was a requirement to recruit another. FE5 takes this honour, with Eyrios.

There was also the FE4 Johalva/Johan scenario which can kind of be seen as similar as it forces you to kill off one recruitable character. But its true that FE5 was the first in which you had to kill off a character that you have already recruited to get another.

Not really epic unit killing for another unit, but do mind the Star Orb vs Falchion scenario which has always been a dilemma for some people (especially the Star Orb in FE3 Book 1). I always got the Fachion for canon purposes, but I know a lot of people who like the Star Orb for its infinite use weapon trait. I mean infinite use Gradivus on General Sedgar? Yesplz.

Now for faxx: Cord, Bord, Barst is a bad pun of cardboard box, or at least stocking FE forum sites says to me.

Edited by Axefighter Maji

Contrary to what you might think, SD was not the first game in which killing off (or not recruiting) a certain character was a requirement to recruit another. FE2 takes this honour, with Deen and Sonia.

Fixed

Ummm...SD is a video game.

Fixed

Ummm...SD is a video game.

You weren't letting one of your own characters die at that point.

All female unpromoted classes have the same HP base. So you cannot gain HP from class swap.

Doesn't really say anything about letting one of your characters die. You still have to kill off Sonia/Deen to get the other.

The character who can get the highest theoretical dodge is Midia the Swordmaster. Here's how:

- Swordmaster Speed cap of 30 (30)

- Swordmaster Luck cap of 30 (45)

- Plop her on a Gate/Throne/Mountain (65)

- B Supports from her five boy toys (115)

Hello FE7!

The most crit you can have is 87, from Berserker Draug armed with a forged Killer Axe, with capped skill and supports from Marth, Gordin, and Norne (meaning that you can only get it on Normal Mode).

In FE12, the most you can have is 125, using a max skill Sniper with a forged Kleine's Bow, with 5 A supports and Geosphere support as well. Only Ryan, Gordin, MU, Cecile, Rody, and Luke can do this since they are the only characters who can have 5 A supports. Of course, anything past 113 crit is pointless since the most luck any enemy in the game can have is 13, and you probably don't want to kill Tiki.

Edited by Black★Star

In FE12, the most you can have is 125, using a max skill Sniper with a forged Kleine's Bow, with 5 A supports and Geosphere support as well. Only Ryan, Gordin, MU, Cecile, Rody, and Luke can do this since they are the only characters who can have 5 A supports. Of course, anything past 113 crit is pointless since the most luck any enemy in the game can have is 13, and you probably don't want to kill Tiki.

I'm only getting 110 crit with this calculation.

- 20 from 30 (max) skl

- 5 from sniper class bonus

- 50 from weapon

- 25 from 5 A supports

- 10 from Geosphere

Add on another +2 from Starsphere for 112 crit.

I'm only getting 110 crit with this calculation.

- 20 from 30 (max) skl

- 5 from sniper class bonus

- 50 from weapon

- 25 from 5 A supports

- 10 from Geosphere

Add on another +2 from Starsphere for 112 crit.

Forged Kleine's Bow has 60 crit, not 50. Although I think I used Berserker crit bonus instead by mistake, and I forgot that Starsphere could go over class caps.

Well, in FE11 it wouldn't be possible to forge more than 50 crit onto a weapon anyway. But I didn't realise that was the case...

Don't forget there's the Wo Dao in FE11 ^^

Doesn't really say anything about letting one of your characters die. You still have to kill off Sonia/Deen to get the other.

Sorry, I phrased that badly. I meant FE5 was the first where killing off a character you already recruited is a requirement for recruiting another.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while, but I got some more facts.....

Cavalier is the only unpromoted class that can use more than one weapon type.

Dark Mages never appear as enemies or as recruitable characters. The only way to get one is through reclass or generic reinforcements. However, some Sorcerers do appear in 24x.

Hardin starts with 1 Res, all the other cavaliers start with 0 Res.

I have not read this whole thing, so if it's stated already oh well.

Although there was compensation for units that can't promote/reclass they can only get a maximum of 30 level ups, while other units get 40.

I don't understand why they didn't get 40 like FE10!Laguz.

Yeah but the stat caps for the units that can't reclass are comparable to those of promoted units.

Another fact: Although Hardin is the leader of the Aurelis knights, he doesn't start at the highest level among them. Wolf and Sedgar both start at a higher level than him, since they are promoted.

Still, they don't have as much potential to reach those caps.

The only reason Xane can walk on water is if he takes the form of a character that can walk on water, and it runs out, he would be stranded without a rescue option. There is no story at all given about this ability of his.