Best/Worst in the Series: Round 55

NinjaMonkey

Worst: Sure Strike. Really? A 100% hit skill on a class that almost never misses? :facepalm:

Dishonorable mention to:

-FE10 Wrath (30% or less HP requirement ftl)

-FE9 Lethality (Single-digit activation rates = Fail. Need I say any more?)

-FE9 Astra (Double the capacity of Adept, and only .5x more damage. :facepalm: )

-Shriek (The only thing it's good for is selling for 1500 gold.)

-FE9 Nihil (Pretty much utterly useless.)

-Flourish (See above.)

-Gamble (Cutting your hit chance in half just to have a higher chance of scoring a critical hit = Never a good idea.)

-FE9 Parity (See FE9 Nihil.)

Best: Uhhh... I guess I'll say Galdrar.

Honorable mention to:

-Savior (No penalty when rescuing = :awesome: )

-FE9 Vantage

-Paragon (More exp = :awesome: )

Edited by Ein Lanford

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best: Meteor Slash Astra. Especially the FE4 version. Honorable mentions go to Vantage (FE5 and FE9 especially), Paragon, Wrath, and Galdrar.

Worst: Shriek. I don't need to say what hasn't been said. Dishonorable mentions go to Greatshield/Pavise, FE8 Sure Shot, Gamble, and Flourish.

Best: Ooh, this is tough. Probably Prayer if you can abuse it well.

Honerable mentions:

Lunar Sword

Meteor Sword

Wrath (FE5)

Aether

Pursuit

Continue

Astra

Big Shield

Great Shield (FE8)

Bargain (Hi there holy weapon holders)

Worst:

Blossom (FE9)

And my point is that Shade doesn't do anything about it.

But it doesn't really need to do anything about your 2 range bow users getting attacked by 1 range enemies. It's a little ridiculous for it to even work on that, so it would be silly if it did. The skill isn't stillness.

Shade comes into play when you have units that are 2 or 3 HKOd when the rest of your team is like 5+ HKOd and you don't want to constantly heal them. As long as they can fight back decently, Shade should prevent them from getting attacked often enough to risk death. If you try to make Shade do anything more than this, expect to see lots of PC deaths.

Best: Vigor/Dance/Refresh

Worst: Mercy.

Idk why everyone hates shriek so much. Sure it isn't useful, but it isn't bad if you have no otehr skills to assign them (aka: filler skill), unlike Mercy.

Edited by Zwiebel

Best: Vigor/Dance/Refresh

Worst: Mercy.

Idk why everyone hates shriek so much. Sure it isn't useful, but it isn't bad if you have no otehr skills to assign them (aka: filler skill), unlike Mercy.

As to why everyone hates Shriek, it's because all it does is cut enemy luck to zero, which, to be blunt, is pretty lame. Also, you have to expose your birds to ranged fire, which is less than desirable, especially since most ranged attacks are either from bows or wind magic. Plus, considering that birds have good evade, I'd go so far to say that you'd have to be pretty (un)lucky to see Shriek activate.

Edited by Ein Lanford

How is Aether not winning this? It essentially allows Ike to be nearly invincible for the last bit of FE9. Or maybe it's less useful on HM or something. I'm not pro enough for HM most of the time.

Aether is a pretty amazing skill, but Ike with Resolve is even better, but still you could just give resolve to someone else... but yeah I'm surprised at how Aether/Resolve aren't getting more attention.

Of course Aether heals hp and cuts enemy defense in half... but Resolve is the reason I beat the endgame of PoR in two turn, I'm so indecisive.

I know cutting luck to 0 is stupid and lame, but is it bad? At least it doesn't necessarily have any immediate drawback like Mercy or FE9 Astra.

Edited by Zwiebel

I know cutting luck to 0 is stupid and lame, but is it bad? At least it doesn't necessarily have any immediate drawback like Mercy or FE9 Astra.

It has the drawback of taking up a ton of space, more than Mercy iirc. Astra is hated on a lot, but it's really not that bad since it can crit in FE9 and there are very few worthwhile skills to begin with.

You wouldn't want to throw Mercy on anyone at anytime or situation.

Uh, why not? It's a perfect skill for training a low level like Pelleas or anyone from the DB. At least it has a use, unlike Shriek which is essentially useless.

Uh, why not? It's a perfect skill for training a low level like Pelleas or anyone from the DB. At least it has a use, unlike Shriek which is essentially useless.

For a whole chapter? I could just throw a bronze sword on Elincia or something so I can switch back to amiti whenever.

Well again, it's mostly a filler skill. No Adept/Vantage/resolve left? Just throw it on for lulz.You wouldn't want to throw Mercy on anyone at anytime or situation.

At least Mercy has a use, which is more than can be said for Shriek. Also, there are better filler skills than Shriek.

Yeah, mercy does have a use: its called nerfing the hell out of Elincia.

If you're going to play that game, than I can too; Shriek's use is.... taking up capacity that could go to better skills. Also, birds have less capacity than other laguz because they have both Shove and Canto, which hurts them more in the skill department.

Edited by Ein Lanford