My overwhelming anger has led me to the point of uncontrollable rage.

Florete

Why do people use headphones and then crank the volume all the way up? It makes no sense. If you're going to use headphones, isn't the purpose so that others can't hear what you are listening to?

I am making this rant because there are certain people in my life who will remain unnamed that are constantly guilty of this. Sometimes it gets so bad I can't even focus on what I'm listening to with my own headphones! It's even kept me from sleeping in the past!

This has been a public service announcement: if you're going to use headphones with other people around, make sure only you can hear the sound coming out.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll turn the volume on my headphones up as loud as I please tyvm. There's nothing you can do about it either!

You're a terrible person and you should feel terrible. Do it around me and I'll shove something in your mouth!

If it's loud enough for me to hear it, it's loud enough to damage your hearing. Well, when they're deaf, I suppose I'll have the last laugh.

Okay, so Medicare will pay for said person to get a hearing aid, so I guess I don't get the last laugh.

I share your pain. Almost EVERYONE I see in the public with headphones on turn their volume all the way up. There's this once when this person's music was so loud that my ears were hurting after I got off the bus. Are they deaf or something? Do their music need to be that loud?

Edited by UberLughFTW

I think it's to block other people out.

I usually have mine on a pretty low volume, but... when the surrounding is very loud and you just want to concentrate on what you're doing without, then it's pretty useful.

And then there's those times where even max-volume can't block out the surroundings.

-too poor/cheap to buy the noise-cancelling ones-

But yeah. When your surroundings are not being horribly loud...

Edited by Luminescent Blade

You're a terrible person and you should feel terrible. Do it around me and I'll shove something in your mouth!

You're gonna shove something in my mouth huh? I think we should wait until we are in private before you start getting any nasty ideas.

You're gonna shove something in my mouth huh? I think we should wait until we are in private before you start getting any nasty ideas.

You would dare insinuate such things about our lovely flaming fox? I cannot believe this... Tangerine, I expected better of you... I am dissapoint. As if I'm one to talk, lol

I agree with you OP, I hate when people have music turned all the way up with earphones. Also, I just don't get it. With my ipod I can hardly put the volume to half way. Maybe a little higher with the quieter songs.

So are you saying you'd happily accept it as soon as we get a moment alone?

I look forward to it.

I'd assume they want people to hear their music or it's part of today's musical culture. (I would assume that's part of the hiphop culture loud and freestyle things.)

But yes it's rather annoying when people turn the volume all the way on their radio or music device.

Edited by Generic Officer