Playthrough Idea

chococoke

Has anyone ever tried a low/bottom tier playthrough, training only the units that are low on tier lists? Of course, this is assuming that tier lists are all-powerful and 100% accurate... but I've never attempted such a run.

Anyone ever try something similar? What kind of results did you get?

Sort of. Tier lists represent a combination of potential and efficiency, and there's plenty of good units that are tiered low because they're inefficient (like Rath).

I'd go for a low potential/low efficiency run for a challenge.

No healers or healing items? Too luck based. FE8 NM would probably be a struggle on that... maybe...

And as for low/bottom tiers, Eclipse hit the nail on the head. Just about every character except the very bottom ones generally has strengths, and usually it's long term potential or potential after training. Like, Nino and Meg, both are average to good at the same level as other people.

No healers or healing items? Too luck based. FE8 NM would probably be a struggle on that... maybe...

And as for low/bottom tiers, Eclipse hit the nail on the head. Just about every character except the very bottom ones generally has strengths, and usually it's long term potential or potential after training. Like, Nino and Meg, both are average to good at the same level as other people.

like you can only heal on fortresses. lol that would be hard

depending on the mode its on I could do a no healing run, fire emblem 8 would be easy on any mode, fire emblem seven would be easy except on hector hard mode, fire emblem 10 maybe on easy, or even Normal but not hard, fire emblem 9 on any mode, fire emblem 6 I've no idea, the chapters are long and annoying, if I took my time probably.

I did a Jehanna+Saleh and Ewan (since they have a lot of connection to Gerik's mercs)GLORY TO JEHANNA run. It was fun. And the midgame was actually harder than Sethsolo.

...Though Sethsolo wasn't particularly hard at all, besides three chapters of annoyingness, so that's not really saying much. Training Ewan was a pain, though. Especially before Gerik's man-defense kicked in.

I like runs based on storyline common points, whether they're challenging or not. Doing a Renais Knights +Lords run next for some shits and giggles, but C16 will be hell.

Actually it won't. I have Seth.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

*Iron Sword broke!*

Shit.

*Iron Lance broke!*

Goddamn.

*Iron Bow broke!*

What. The. Fuck.

Eheheheh.

Anyway, Scrappy runs aren't that hard. I've finished a Lyre/Fiona duo of FE10 before (for example) and it wasn't that hard.

It was actually 4 hours of practically nonstop RNG abusing

*Iron Sword broke!*

Shit.

*Iron Lance broke!*

Goddamn.

*Iron Bow broke!*

What. The. Fuck.

Eheheheh.

Anyway, Scrappy runs aren't that hard. I've finished a Lyre/Fiona duo of FE10 before (for example) and it wasn't that hard.

It was actually 4 hours of practically nonstop RNG abusing

no i meant, that you can only have one axe user, etc. not one weapon each

no i meant, that you can only have one axe user, etc. not one weapon each

I'm sorry, but it's not as fun as it sounds.

I did a run that went something like that, and I wound up with a bunch of overpowered characters (I even managed to write a story about it, too). Your characters will hit 20/20 relatively early, and then it's boring.

My run delayed promotion for a long time, so I allowed myself use of some of the other cast, so I'd have some experience gain to my name!