Angelic Devotion Chat

Kanami

Hmmm Nyeh, Don't see the point of putting it off so I might as well be upfront with it.

As you've all probably noticed, I've been severely neglecting this RP for the last few days. I could say that I'm studying for my exams, and I am. (Luckily, the problem with me being an un-enrolled was solved in my favor) But that's not the main reason I've been inactive. To be completely honest I've lost interest in RP'ing. I actually lost interest a few months ago when I left LoAF. But figured if I tried a last ditch effort (this RP) I might be able to get back into it. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case, and I find it "bothersome" to even log on and read posts now. Don't get me wrong, "Most" of you are great RP'ers and had I met you a year ago I'd have been overjoyed at a decent group of RP'ers.

I could probably "hang in" for a few more pages, but there's no chance this RP will meet any potential it may have had even if I tried "my best." I'm sure you can all agree that there's little point in me continuing this when I find going to work or reading my textbooks to be more enjoyable. So instead of wasting anymore of your time, I've decided to toss this RP into the waste bin like so many other online RP's before it.

If you're going to get upset about me wasting your time then I'm more then willing to receive your noobly wrath over PMs (Not that a solution can be reached). But if you have any clue about what sort of personality I have,(or have a shred of intelligence) you probably already know it's a waste of time. On the otherhand, in the unlikely instance where someone else wants to take over the RP I'm willing to leave it up to the rest of you.

Horrible little me, a selfish bitch right to the end XD

That said I probably will be logging on to Serenes occasionally after this, but most likely won't be participating in any RP's for the rest of my life :P And I used to think I'd never outgrow my bratty ways and continue RP'ing/gaming forever

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is sad to see you go. To lose interest in something which you once loved is always painful and frustraiting. Though I left AD early on, you and I spent time together in LoAF and here. I wish you well and hope that, one day, you will find that spark which made you love roleplaying once again. Be it spending time with a friend whom loves to write, or a chance to have fun with your creations. I wish you will have a good life regardless, Kanami. I have no place, speaking in a RP which I am no longer a part of, but I do not care. Goodbye, and may you find success in your life.

Hmmm Nyeh, Don't see the point of putting it off so I might as well be upfront with it.

As you've all probably noticed, I've been severely neglecting this RP for the last few days. I could say that I'm studying for my exams, and I am. (Luckily, the problem with me being an un-enrolled was solved in my favor) But that's not the main reason I've been inactive. To be completely honest I've lost interest in RP'ing. I actually lost interest a few months ago when I left LoAF. But figured if I tried a last ditch effort (this RP) I might be able to get back into it. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case, and I find it "bothersome" to even log on and read posts now. Don't get me wrong, "Most" of you are great RP'ers and had I met you a year ago I'd have been overjoyed at a decent group of RP'ers.

I could probably "hang in" for a few more pages, but there's no chance this RP will meet any potential it may have had even if I tried "my best." I'm sure you can all agree that there's little point in me continuing this when I find going to work or reading my textbooks to be more enjoyable. So instead of wasting anymore of your time, I've decided to toss this RP into the waste bin like so many other online RP's before it.

If you're going to get upset about me wasting your time then I'm more then willing to receive your noobly wrath over PMs (Not that a solution can be reached). But if you have any clue about what sort of personality I have,(or have a shred of intelligence) you probably already know it's a waste of time. On the otherhand, in the unlikely instance where someone else wants to take over the RP I'm willing to leave it up to the rest of you.

Horrible little me, a selfish bitch right to the end XD

That said I probably will be logging on to Serenes occasionally after this, but most likely won't be participating in any RP's for the rest of my life :P And I used to think I'd never outgrow my bratty ways and continue RP'ing/gaming forever

Don't worry, I'm neither surprised nor disappointed by this, 5 years of RPing has led me to expect this at some point in basically every RP ever. I actually think it's pretty respectable of you to be up-front about it and let us know that you're backing out, instead of disappearing without a word and leaving us all hanging (or worse, promising that you'll eventually post again only to never do so), which is what most people do in your situation. So yeah, later, good luck with life, etc

I'll follow Kanami's example and say I'm not gonna post anymore here (except in the extremely unlikely event that some of the other people who've clearly lost interest have a sudden change of heart), not cause I hate RPing, but because let's be honest with ourselves, this isn't going to go anywhere at this point (or at least, it's not gonna go very far), and I don't feel like wasting time delaying the inevitable. Was pretty fun while it lasted, though, even with its numerous logic gaps and plotholes.

Looking at the flow, I doubt anyone's willing to take charge :P

Not sure if the "logic gaps" were my fault or referring to something else, but in terms of plotholes some thought was put into it. For example Talgusta wasn't invaded, and no spies had snuck in during the confusion. I actually planned to make an "elite" group of soldiers within Talgusta feign their allegiance and destroy the Fort from the inside. Hence the reason I wanted the more numerous Crestian soldiers to be asleep/drunk. I did try to indicate it a few times but apparently failed. (The prisoner being taken to the prison was supposed to be the General, Soldiers within Talgusta used the term "heretics,") The Granfs were supposed to move in and take the fort while the rebel Crestians revolted. A good portion of Mercenaries would have also been siding with Granf. (Merc = Serve the side which pays more, and would have infiltrated Talgusta as part of their contract)

While I won't recommend you continue this RP. If any of you are planning to start your own RP, it might be a good idea to get together and make something, opposed to going off and doing your own thing. Since being the leader of an RP isn't as fun as it may seem :P

well hey someone can totally take charge

That's not the problem, the problem is people don't care enough for the RP to keep going even if someone "takes charge." Just look at the responses to this; everyone was quick to accept the RP's death and fairly unconcerned by it, some of us (me and Purg atleast, dunno bout anyone else) even saw it coming.

Not sure if the "logic gaps" were my fault or referring to something else, but in terms of plotholes some thought was put into it.

Nah, I'm not referring to anything you did. I'm mainly referring to instances where people's posts contradicted each other in some way due to not reading/skimming, or times when people would instantly teleport to wherever the action was.

Since being the leader of an RP isn't as fun as it may seem

Yep; for many people just writing a post at all is already quite a task, so very few are up to the job of not only responding to other people, but actually taking the lead and coming up with the story yourself. It's one reason that RPs have terrible track records, a lot of the time someone will start an RP on a whim only to realize soon afterwards that, you know, it actually requires some effort to keep it going.

I've got other RPs to keep me going, though this was a good try on Kanami's part.

no you don't, not with the way things are going atm

I don't feel like this died because people are so busy and distracted by working on other RPs so much, rather, it seems like there's a decline in interest levels for RPing in general recently.

I might start up a new one here at some point if SQ follows the lead of this RP though (and I highly suspect that it will, looks like we've only had 3 posts in the last week, and e_s is nowhere in sight), just so there's something out there besides LoAF (not because I hate that RP or anything, but because let's be honest, it's not for everyone).

Meh, is what happens if you make plans, cause RPs can and will go kaput at any moment and with little or no warning

I had ideas of my own which will never see the light of day (or rather, the light of an actual post) now, it's another thing I've come to expect

Well yeah, we had one and completely failed to execute it, either way my point is that that segment is a good example of what can happen when there's no plan (whether it's because you didn't have one to begin with, or because for some unknown reason people decide to not do the original plan, or w/e else)

I wouldn't say Alabaste ended with a magic duel though, iirc, the group loitered around there doing nothing for quite a long time even after said duel