Star Wars to be re-released in 3D

bunny: spider bitten

Oh, really? I believe that gives the old movies a real chance to be remade (it wouldn't be the same if they just used new actors).

By the way, they won't use the same graphic as in "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" tv show, will they? Because I really didn't like it <.<

Five was the one I always preferred. 1 sucked for obvious reasons, my ferret died midway through 2, 3 was good, 4 was arright but kinda jarring to watch, somehow, and six? STOP MAKING JOKES YOU ARE TOPPLING THE FUCKING WORLD ORDER

But yeah, I'll wait 'til they 3Dise one that's actually worth the effort.

Oh, really? I believe that gives the old movies a real chance to be remade (it wouldn't be the same if they just used new actors).

By the way, they won't use the same graphic as in "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" tv show, will they? Because I really didn't like it <.<

They basically rip apart each frame in the movie and split it into two frames. The first frame is the same as the only one, while the second provides the 3D effect. It's possible with any movie, but if you make a movie for 3D, it pops out more.

Five was the one I always preferred. 1 sucked for obvious reasons, my ferret died midway through 2, 3 was good, 4 was arright but kinda jarring to watch, somehow, and six? STOP MAKING JOKES YOU ARE TOPPLING THE FUCKING WORLD ORDER

But yeah, I'll wait 'til they 3Dise one that's actually worth the effort.

Wut

I mean, I know that the Phantom Menace was bad, but honestly, I would say it's the best out of all the prequels. None of them had particularly good plots, but at least the Phantom Menace had some fair redeeming qualities. Like Liam Neeson. I just don't know at all what Revenge of the Sith brings to the table.

Wut

I mean, I know that the Phantom Menace was bad, but honestly, I would say it's the best out of all the prequels. None of them had particularly good plots, but at least the Phantom Menace had some fair redeeming qualities. Like Liam Neeson. I just don't know at all what Revenge of the Sith brings to the table.

You have the minority opinion. 3 was easily the best up until the end because it tried to seem like Star Wars. If not for a few details, the half backwards ending and the slightly drawn out fight, it would probably be on par with the original 3.

You have the minority opinion. 3 was easily the best up until the end because it tried to seem like Star Wars. If not for a few details, the half backwards ending and the slightly drawn out fight, it would probably be on par with the original 3.

What do you mean, it tried to seem like Star Wars? It didn't seem like Star Wars any more than the others. It was almost entirely angst, and really, really stupid angst at that. It was almost impossible to sympathize with Anakin, who I assume was supposed to be the protagonist, and his plight, because it was just so silly. Perhaps I just can't see how it was more like the originals, so could you explain to me why?

What do you mean, it tried to seem like Star Wars? It didn't seem like Star Wars any more than the others. It was almost entirely angst, and really, really stupid angst at that. It was almost impossible to sympathize with Anakin, who I assume was supposed to be the protagonist, and his plight, because it was just so silly. Perhaps I just can't see how it was more like the originals, so could you explain to me why?

Lightsaber fights were up, space battles were up, use of the force was up. Again, you're focusing on the ending. Anakin's reason to go dark is admittedly terrible, but considering what he started with, that's hardly fair. It offers what fans are looking for. Also, the protagonist angle is split between the two main characters, and it's not all that hard to follow Obi-Wan and like him. He basically calls out Anakin for his ramapant idiocy and, true to the story, only wins because he's the smarter fighter. Again, nice flaw in not killing him off, but it does well at being what it is.

It's not episode one, where a genius kid abandons his mother he could easily later save to save a planet because evil is stupid and good mooks are incompetent. Also, one fight with Maul is no good.

Episode 2 is drawn out, kind of creepy due to the extent of Anakin's age warp, and kind of boring in building characters we want to idolize.

Seriously, though. Take the first three movies of Twilight, and write a sequel to that. Tell me how you feel about it. If it's flawed, that's likely fault of the source material.

Edited by bunny: Now with Pancakes

This means that this will be the third time Episodes 4, 5 and 6 will have been released (original version, special edition and now "IN 3D!!!").

George Lucas is really milking this franchise, isn't he?

Anakin as a child.

I could take Jar-Jar, barely. I couldn't take that damn kid's voice.

I do agree with you on the point of Neeson though.

1)Lightsaber fights were up, 2)space battles were up, 3)use of the force was up. Again, you're focusing on the ending. Anakin's reason to go dark is admittedly terrible, but considering what he started with, that's hardly fair. It offers what fans are looking for. Also, the protagonist angle is split between the two main characters, and it's not all that hard to follow Obi-Wan and like him. He basically calls out Anakin for his ramapant idiocy and, true to the story, only wins because he's the smarter fighter. Again, nice flaw in not killing him off, but it does well at being what it is.

1) There was exactly one lightsaber battle in A New Hope, and also only one real Lightsaber battle in Empire Strikes Back. I suppose Return of the Jedis Lightsaber battle was REALLY long and in various locales, so it MIGHT count as two, but yeah...

2) Again, there aren't THAT many space battles in the Original Trilogy. They mostly stuck to one real one per movie. And I'm trying to remember if there ever was an actual, real space battle in Empire Strikes Back other than them running away.

3) In the Original Trilogy, they hardly use the Force, ever. The thing they do in most situations is persuade people with the Force. In a few situations they use the Force to do things like improve their aim (Death Star), or move a lightsaber (vs Wampa), and later Luke does move some other shit and do some jumping, but honestly, the Force isn't really used that often, and certainly not as flashily in the Original Trilogy. Yes there is Darth Vader choking people, but even that, in the Original Series, feels very very powerful and unique. The Emporor also has his lightning, but again, that's only at the end. And Yoda lifts that X Wing.

So while I agree that Obi Wan was pretty cool, he was also pretty cool in the others. I disagree, however, with the notion that it was somehow "more Star Wars" than the other prequels, as I've pretty much shown here.

Also, one fight with Maul is no good.

Well then I suppose its lucky that there are two lightsabre fights involving Dath Maul

Episode 2 is drawn out, kind of creepy due to the extent of Anakin's age warp, and kind of boring in building characters we want to idolize.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FyUhhYZe3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPLXwrj7i7Q&feature=related

So one of them might be less than a minute long

Edited by mikethfc