What would you like to see in a new FE

This topic has been brought up many times before and I don't feel like giving another list.

I will say that I want at least one new FE on the Wii before it's life cycle is over. The RD engine is just too beautiful to waste.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[*]Better writers

It's kinda sad that IS's writers along with the likes of Richard Garriot, Warren Spector and Shigesato Itoi might be the best writers in the entire history of video games.

I will say that I want at least one new FE on the Wii before it's life cycle is over. The RD engine is just too beautiful to waste.

Or maybe they'll use an improved RD engine for the 3DS.

It's kinda sad that IS's writers along with the likes of Richard Garriot, Warren Spector and Shigesato Itoi might be the best writers in the entire history of video games.

Please tell me that you don't actually believe what you just said.

Myth TFL and Soulblighter. The narration was...inspired. The world, similarly so.

...Unfortunately, I dunno if the same writers have stayed on at Bungie. If so, I may owe the Halo series an apology.

Edited by Furetchen

Something that isn't a remake.

Also, an actual challenge. None of this stupid easy HM1 or campfest HM5, but just a Normal and actually challenging Hard mode. In this regards, something with the difficulty level of FE6 HM would be perfect; not a steamroll, but challenging enough to engage the player.

Branched story paths would be really nice, such as a Good, Evil, or Neutral path, each with several exclusive characters. And depending on the path, some units may join, but others may leave and/or become enemies. It'd be a nice change of pace.

Well I think my definition of Armored Mages is different than everyone else's. I want Mages but with Knight type defense and very low res. And in like full heavy armor.

But of course the only way to make that work would be to make magic users a more threatening enemy since that would be their major weakness.

Please tell me that you don't actually believe what you just said.

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/08/20/ultima-4-quest-of-the-avatar/

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/09/19/ultima-5-warriors-of-destiny/

Do tell if the overall storyline was written by someone else, but still the virtues were pretty much entirely Garriot's idea.

Remove the deploy limits and make larger maps. That way choice is always available if you want a 20 person team. Of course, you could still bench your crap units if you wanted.

that

but enemy phase should be like speed x2, and all non-attacking non-healing units move at the same time. it would speed up the game a little, without skipping enemy phase completely.

Remove the deploy limits and make larger maps. That way choice is always available if you want a 20 person team. Of course, you could still bench your crap units if you wanted.

So FE4?

Anyways, if the maps aren't massive like in FE4, it's really ridiculous to be able to deploy everyone. Matching the enemy one-to-one but having all your units better than them?

Good answer. We're basically just nitpicking, if they were to take the system from either Radiant Dawn or New Mystery and just kept using it with new stories I reckon most of us would be at least satisfied. All the most important advances have been made, units and classes are distinctive but none are overpowered, we have a good set of weapons, pretty good map design and a good way for all those elements to interact.

Good answer. We're basically just nitpicking, if they were to take the system from either Radiant Dawn or New Mystery and just kept using it with new stories I reckon most of us would be at least satisfied. All the most important advances have been made, units and classes are distinctive but none are overpowered, we have a good set of weapons, pretty good map design and a good way for all those elements to interact.

true, altho I hope they continue with the Radiant Dawn system (I hate the reclass system, altho I like the MyUnit idea and I kinda like the laguz better then Mamekuts)

I'd like to see a handheld story involving laguz, or whatever they'd call them. Possibly, they could tie in all the Fire Emblems together as well (they'd only have to tie together five continents, which shouldn't be hard. Obviously they'd be chronological differences between each other).

Overall, I'd like to see a new story, and a couple new classes. That'd be more than enough to make me pay for it.

(they'd only have to tie together five continents, which shouldn't be hard. Obviously they'd be chronological differences between each other).

. . .and one retcon, because in Tellius lore, they're the only ones alive. I don't know remember who mentioned it.

. . .and one retcon, because in Tellius lore, they're the only ones alive. I don't know remember who mentioned it.

Yeah, I know. They say it in the Prologue or Chapter 1 (IIRC) of PoR. They'd either be the very last people, or a paradox will take place. I don't really care, though.

I would like to see unique character skills. Not like 'Nephenee and Edward have wrath, MANDanved has fuck all', but more like a unique skill that fits every character in the game and can't be removed or duplicated. For example, Geoffrey could give a passive bonus (like a support) to nearby cavalry, because he's a cavalry commander. Tauroneo could have his own unique take on Resolve, where he gets a movement bonus when on low life. When making FE10, they made each Heron feel unique and have a totally different way of working when it would have been SO EASY to just make them all Reyson 2.0, but it would have been nice to see the same kind of uniqueness brought to other characters.

Secondly, I would like to be able to pick my fucking commander. I do not appreciate having to let Micaiah completely fail to lead my army in every single chapter with her. If I want to hand the reins of leadership over to Nailah, I should be able to. More character should have authority stars, and it can change over time or even give us stat boosters that give extra authority stars, or make it like that SNES Charisma skill. Most of all though, I would like to see something like the CO Powers from Advance Wars or the Orders from Valkyria Chronicles to be in this game, because they were SO FUN to use and then just rip apart an army in a single turn without breaking a sweat. It would add a whole new dimension to the game, especially if enemy commanders had their own!

Alternatively, just make another fucking Advance Wars, since it's been sooooo long and I need another.

Yeah, I know. They say it in the Prologue or Chapter 1 (IIRC) of PoR. They'd either be the very last people, or a paradox will take place. I don't really care, though.

but how far can you believe it?

the medalion almost open in PoR (if the fought took longer it would have). Yet it wasn't a world war cause hatari didn't participate.

so the question really is, is everything really flushed down or did a tsunami just hit every other country >.>

No, they just think they are. They were already proven wrong by Hatari, and after FE10 Ike disappears to go sail away to see if the other continents really are gone or if it's just Tellius and Hatari. But even then if they are the only ones left, it would just mean Tellius is last in the timeline.

There's more issue with their creation story (which may actually be problematic) than anything else.

Edited by Paperblade