Mindscrew Mafia- the game!

riariadne

My family is hosting a party and I've had to help get ready for it, and that's kind of more important at the moment, hence why most of the PMs aren't out.

If you're that impatient you can have yours next -_-

You have had since the start of September to write Role PMs. There is no excuse.

And even if Life gets his Role PM, the game cannot begin until everyone has their RPM.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm dropping out.

He hasn't written them. He hasn't FUCKING WRITTEN them and his sign-up have been up for WEEKS. He has NO idea what he's doing.

Lightning, you are officially done with hosting Mafia games. Don't do it. Again.

EDIT: Note to anyone else who plays a Mafia game. Read this carefully now. I'm going to get Tables to put it in his Mafia game listing.

Hosting Process

Are you interested in hosting a mafia game? Read this whole post, as well as this to make sure it goes smoothly.

Your plan is as follows.

Pre-game

1. Design your game, and put it in a spreadsheet. It doesn't have to be 100% complete, but close to it is nice.

2. Contact Mekkah or Earthworm about hosting a mafia game. Include which category game it is, and if it's beginner or medium, ask if they would like to approve it. If expert, include a summary of why you think you are eligible to host an expert game.

3. If required, give said host access to your spreadsheet and work on getting the concept and balance right.

4. Once those steps are done, Earthworm will put your game on the Game Listing, and he will tell you when you can post the sign-ups of your game. Your game (roles, PMs, flavor, rules) must be completely finished before you post sign-ups.

5. When you can, post the sign-ups. If applicable to your game level, put in a sentence saying your game was approved by Earthworm or Mekkah (unapproved games are locked). Put the difficulty level in the title and in the OP. Note that priority is required for beginner and standard games.

6. After 48 hours, ask a Circus Mod to lock the thread and randomize your player list, taking into account the priority system. Make sure the list includes the order of the people who did not get in, as this order can be used for substitutions.

7. Post your actual game thread, and begin hosting.

During the game

Concerning substitutions, everyone who signed up for the game but did not get in is eligible to be a substitute. If you want, allow people who did not sign up to apply for substitution via PM. You can add those to the bottom of your substitutions list.

If a player requires to be subbed out, send a PM to your entire sub list (or the top five or so if you want), asking if anyone wants to sub in. If you get one of these as a player, please reply whether you want to be in or not. If you get multiple positive responses, priority goes to those higher on your substitution list.

Note that a substitute must be priority 1 at the moment of substitution to be eligible!

After the game

You are allowed to create a postgame thread after your game ends, if you want.

If you can't do the steps that apply to any Mafia game here, forget about ever hosting.

Edited by Sue Sylvester

Honestly, I'm tempted to agree with Life. I'll certainly put something of that type in (adapted, obviously, since this isn't Smogon), hopefully it'll help improve the game quality.

I'll stay in the game for now, but... yeah.

Actually... I take back what I said about not minding to wait for the game to start. Not because I'm an impatient person (I am), but rather because if there are other games on the queue ready to get started, and are just waiting for a spot, this game should probably be stopped to let someone that is ready and prepared start their game.

I'm not dropping out yet, though. If Lightning gets his act together and the game starts, I will most certainly play.

Edit: However, with so many people dropping out, this game ever getting started is looking unlikely...

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Actually... I take back what I said about not minding to wait for the game to start. Not because I'm an impatient person (I am), but rather because if there are other games on the queue ready to get started, and are just waiting for a spot, this game should probably be stopped to let someone that is ready and prepared start their game.

I'm not dropping out yet, though. If Lightning gets his act together and the game starts, I will most certainly play.

Edit: However, with so many people dropping out, this game ever getting started is looking unlikely...

Actually, there are no other games ready to start. Mine is the only other one (theoretically) and I've already declared it'll be running in November. So it was fine for Lightning to wait a few days and actually start when ready. Of course it technically doesn't matter, but... yeah, sorry Lightning. This game is looking like it's getting cancelled :-/

Edited by I Eat Tables

:facepalm:

I really think I can call myself "patient", but starting the game before you even have the PMs ready and then doing a whole lot of nothing for several days and justifying that by saying "it's my own time schedule, deal with it" is simply irresponsible.

Sorry, but I'll follow the trend and drop out of this game.

I agree with Raymond, this is ridiculous... You can't blame us for being impatient when you haven't even written the role PMs. If you knew you were going to be busy, you should've waited to start your game until then. I'm going to have to drop out as well.

On the positive side, at least stuff like this (hopefully) won't happen anymore, thanks to the new guidelines that are getting set up.

I kinda don't wanna host anymore if people are going to bitch about me running a game on my own time schedule.

Stop acting like we all hate you for some random reason and that you're a victim.

The fact of the matter is that you had 3 weeks to write Role PMs, didn't and you're now asking for sympathy because you have real life issues. Now let me quote the first post.

The game will officially start when all role PMs are distributed and 13 of the players have posted in the thread.

Distributing and writing are two different things. If you have them all written out in Word or something, it should take no more than half an hour to distribute up to 30 PMs.

I had most of them written by hand, but my mom thought they were trash and threw them out. >_< That didn't help my situation.

Seeing as nobody seems to care about this anymore I might as well cancel it.

Edited by Lightning

I had most of them written by hand, but my mom thought they were trash and threw them out. >_< That didn't help my situation.

Are you kidding me? You're going to make excuses now? Maybe we should follow Ninji's advice...

Or, instead of doing that, you could always, you know, ban Lightning from hosting games. That would probably be preferable.

Lightning, the next time you put up a game, I'm going to walk you through hosting hand in hand. You're not hosting another game without having someone who at least knows what they're doing alongside you to hold your hand every step of the way since this is the 2nd game in a row that you've managed to fuck up.

Edited by Sue Sylvester

Seeing as nobody seems to care about this anymore I might as well cancel it.

What the fuck? Why would you write them out when you have access to a computer.

I think we've kinda made the point now... Lightning made a mistake. It happens. It was a big mistake, they happen sometimes such as government officials leaving secret weapon plans on trains. Hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes for next time, and his next game will run better, with Life's help.

I think we've kinda made the point now... Lightning made a mistake. It happens. It was a big mistake, they happen sometimes such as government officials leaving secret weapon plans on trains. Hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes for next time, and his next game will run better, with Life's help.

The problem is after seeing the turnout of this game, what happens to the people's opinion? The fact is he's messed up twice out two games, meaning that people are less likely to join.