Canon FE4 Pairings

Randoman

So out of curiousity and the fact that I only want to do one playthrough of FE4, make it relatively perfect by using canon pairings, and then never have to touch it again, what pairings are considered canon?

From what I'm getting (based off of special conversations within chapters, appearances and classes of the sons (in some cases, since some like Ira's and Tailto's look insanely like their mother), and lover points and growths from Fire Emblem Wiki), it's:

1st Generation:

Sigurd & Diadora

Cuan & Ethlin

Jamka & Adean

Holyn & Ira

Beowolf & Lakchesis

Levin & Fury

Claude & Sylvia

Midayele & Briggid

Azel & Tailto

2nd Generation:

Celice & Yuria (Incest, I know. But from what I've read, Yuria's love growth with Celice was supposed to be positive)

Corpul & Rana

Johan/Johalva & Lakche

Leaf & Nanna

Arthur & Phee

Aless & Leen

Shanan & Patty

Sety & Teeny

By the way, the whole hate for FE4 thing resulted mostly from its vicious "hating on all FEs that aren't Jugdral" fanboys from GameFAQs. But even then, I don't really like it all that much as a Fire Emblem game (huge maps, no item trading, huge imbalance when it comes to stats and legendary weapons leaves quite a few units in the dust, among other things. It didn't really feel like a Fire Emblem game in that respect, but it's still fun in its own way). But I've actually enjoyed it quite a bit so far, though I don't find the story all that deep since the story is much more on a politicial level than a personal level. I'll admit, the FE4 arena system and pairing up characters was quite fun (Claude's and Sylvia's Ch. 4 conversation has to be one of the funniest things ever, right up there with Lucius' and Serra's B support conversation), and it's nice to see quite a lot of decent prepromotes for a change. Though based on what a lot of people were saying about the "broken children", I thought they'd be FE2 Sonia's level of broken (with double digits in most stats while unpromoted at level 5).

Edited by Randoman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The canon pairings are:

Sigurd x Diadora

Cuan x Ethlin

Levin x Fury

Fin x Lachesis x Beowulf

and for the 2nd generation the only canon pairing is Leaf x Nanna.

Everything is else is up to speculation. But you don't have to go for canon pairings. Use what makes most gameplay sense to you.

As for the OT3 there...Lachesis had Delmud with Beowulf and Nanna with Fin. This is all spelled out in FE5 I believe.

According to Kaga, the person who created FE4, there's not really one "set" Canon pair for most characters. Both Holyn and Lex are considered canon for Ayra, for example, and both Midir and Jamka are considered canon for Aideen. The fact that I go by HolynAyraOTP does not matter here.

I would think a Celice-Rana-Yuria triangle is more canon than just flat-out CeliceYuria, since Rana falls in love with Celice REALLY fast.

As for the OT3 there...Lachesis had Delmud with Beowulf and Nanna with Fin. This is all spelled out in FE5 I believe.

It is possible that Nanna is Beowolf's child as well, since the official site originally listed Nanna's father as Beowolf. Though Nanna calls Fin her father, Mareeta calls Evayle her mother, yet those two are not blood-related.

Fin definitely refers to Nanna as his daughter. Or one of the bad guys says as much.

As for Delmud, he can use the PRF weapon 'Beo Sword'. Without reading too much into it, that would imply that Delmud is the product of Beowulf x Lachesis.

I would say that Celice x Lana is pretty close to canon, since it's quite hard for it not to happen.

Aless does have a thing for Leen, so that should be considered...

Not sure what else to add beyond what's already been said.

FE5's side material strongly hints that Nanna isn't Finn's real daughter.

Official site aside, Lenster's Fall gives those vibes too.

Edited by TheEnd

^ I agree with that as well.

And Aideen has, like, four guys after her.

Azel, Jamka, Midir, and Dew, right?

(And possibly Sigurd, in the interim before finding Dierdre in the castle)

Edited by Cocytus

Azel, Jamka, Midir, and Dew, right?

Yep.

I'd say Midir gives the best kids overall, since he makes Lester useful without Pursuit ring.

Azel gives Rescue Staff, though.

I still like Midir better for Aideen.

Canon does not mean what's best for the kids, it just means what's more likely. Especially were each girl has at least three canon pairings.

(And possibly Sigurd, in the interim before finding Dierdre in the castle)

No way, SigurdxAira all the way.

Generally, though, the canon pairs are one of the better ones for the kids.

Holyn and Lex are the two best pairings for Ayra, and they are her canons, for example. From C5 conversations, it seems like Ardan's her third, though he gets outclassed by Lex in every way except sword inheritance, while Noish, and to a lesser extent, Dew, would do better to fill that third spot by good-for-children-wise.

Pssh. Everybody wants Ayra.

And ShananxLakche full on Odocest is the way to go.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

According to Kaga, the person who created FE4, there's not really one "set" Canon pair for most characters. Both Holyn and Lex are considered canon for Ayra, for example, and both Midir and Jamka are considered canon for Aideen. The fact that I go by HolynAyraOTP does not matter here.

I would think a Celice-Rana-Yuria triangle is more canon than just flat-out CeliceYuria, since Rana falls in love with Celice REALLY fast.

I suppose. But, wouldn't you consider Holyn & Ayra to be more canon than Lex & Ayra, seeing how Ayra seems to tolerate Holyn much more than Lex, and Holyn and Skasaher are both swordsman?

Also, is everyone sure that Celice and Yuria isn't supposed to be a possible pairing, and that their negative love growth is supposed to be intentional?

I think DewxBriggid actually makes more sense. Just look at their children.

I guess so, seeing how there's quite a resemblance between Dew and Faval. Though Dew and Briggid don't have any conversations between each other at all, and their initial love level and love growths are rather low.

I guess even though fans consider the pairing canon, IS doesn't.

I think DewxBriggid actually makes more sense. Just look at their children.

Yeah, but they don't have a Lover Conversation in C5 which is the general rule people use for predestined pairings. I do prefer it though, though I hear HolynxBriggid might actually play better.

I suppose. But, wouldn't you consider Holyn & Ayra to be more canon than Lex & Ayra, seeing how Ayra seems to tolerate Holyn much more than Lex,

LexXAyra is the precursor to HectorXLyn

Edited by El Rey León

See, I usually go by HolynAyra, but Kaga himself likes LexAyra better. He does want the player to decide, though.

The manga had cute LexAyra, I'll admit. And the C5 conversation is quite nice too.

The negative growth is to add up to when Celice finds out that Yuria is his sister and he decides that as tempting as incest is in Judgral, that he really should break the mold and marry Rana instead. it's intentional.

HolynBriggid makes Patty stronger and gives Faval capped HP.

But Holyn always belongs to Ayra so that's out of the question for me *shot by LexAyra fans*

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I think the subs and the children coexist, but due to there's going to be too many people on a map they didn't put both sets in at the same time. So no Lakche and Radney on the same map.

Shame. I think they'd get along.

As far as I can tell, these are the canon pairings, based on what information I've gathered(and my reasoning):

NOTE: Some of the pairings shown are NOT the ones I made on my FE4 playthrough(I'll post my pairings after this next text wall)! Also, all the names are based off my translation of the game.

First Generation:

Deirdre*Sigurd: Self-explanatory.

Ethlin*Cuan: Self-explanatory.

Aideen*Jamka: Easy enough. Lester had to get his archery skillz from somewhere, and a priestess/bandit pairing is so cliched.

Aira*Holyn: Aira is a Princess from Isaac. Holyn is an Isaacian gladiator. And they're both from Isaac AND have minor Odo. Coincidence?

Lachesis*Beowulf AND Fin: Play FE5 and you will understand why. Also, read Lach's convo with Beo. Whore seems to like getting into affairs.

Sylvia*Claude: Corple looks eerily similar to Claude without the long hair. Plus his mother is minor Blaggi, as well. Siblings, maybe?

Fury*Levin: This one was easy to deduce, based on Levin's C4 convo with Fury(which I never got because Levin and Fury became lovers just after I capped Zaxon)and Sety's FE5 appearance(he has Holsety in that game, which immediately gives away who his father is.)

Tiltyu*Azel: This is mostly based on their C4 convo, but considering one's a Mageknight and the other's a Magefighter, this was very easy to figure out.

Brigid*Dew: They don't get a convo, but I based this SOLELY on the fact that Patty is a thief, and it would make sense if her father was a thief, as well. Plus a thief pairing up with a pirate is about as cliched as the cleric/thief pairing from other FE games.

Second Generation(before I continue; note that ALL the 1st gen females were paired by C5):

Julia*Celice: I based this on the many convos they had over the course of the second gen, as well as the fact both have ties to the Grandbell royal family(they're half siblings lololol).

Lana*Skasaha: I based it on a C11 convo.

Lakche*Johan/Johavla: This one was based on the brothers' recruitment convo and the C11 convo.

Fee*Arthur: Based this on a C8 convo and their recruitment convo.

Nanna*Leaf: Self-explanatory. Please play Thracia 776 for more information.

Patty*Shanan: This is based on both their intro and the Balmung convo.

Tinny*Sety: I based this on their C11 convo.

Leen*Aless: I based this on Leen's recruitment convo, and the fact that Aless wouldn't have joined me if not for the fact that he had feelings for Leen.

Altenna*Arion: Self-explanatory.

These were my pairings. Just to show you that I didn't do the pairings shown.

1st gen:

Aideen/Midir, Aira/Lex, Lachesis/Fin, Sylvia/Alec, Fury/Levin, Tiltyu/Azel, Brigid/Holyn

2nd gen:

Julia/Skasaha, Lana/Celice, Lakche/Johavla, Fee/Arthur, Nanna/Leaf, Patty/Shanan, Tinny/Sety, Leen/Aless

Edited by DA125

Well, looking at the manga, it's apparrently:

Lex x Ayra (Since Holyn isn't in it)

Aideen x Jamka

Azel x Tiltyu

Levin x Fury (Duh)

Lachesis x Fin (Since Beowulf isn't in it)

Midir/Dew? x Briggid

Claude x Sylvia

I could be wrong, though

Also, good pairings =/= canon pairings