Sigurd x Adean

Sigurd x Diadora

Eltoshan x Lachesis

Levin x Sylvia

Levin x Fury

Levin x Tiltyu

Sigurd x Brigid

Obviously.

On a more serious note, all pairings with lover or father-child convos are considered "predestined." You could interpret them all as being canon.

Edited by TheEnd

Well, I personally look at the son's class only for canon pairings (neglecting Cuan x Ethlin, and looking at Faval and not Patty for Briggid)

So that'd mean:

Aideen x Midir

Lachesis x Beowulf

Sylvia x Claude

Fury x Levin

Briggid x Jamka

Tailto x Azel

Ayra x Lex Holyn

For 2nd gen I just look at what the story hints at most for me

So..:

Rana x Celice

Lakche x Joha-

Patty x Shanan

Leen x Aless

Nanna x Leaf

Tinny x Sety

Fee x Arthur

Altenna x Arion

Osawa's manga is unofficial. As is Fujimori's and some other chick whose name escapes me.

The third is Nea Fuyuki.

Those three manga ARE officially endorsed by Nintendo (and thus not mere doujinshi), but their stories aren't considered part of the FE4 canon. Think of the Suikoden Light Novels for a similar example : officially endorsed by Konami, but Konami considers the protagonist's given name, Tir, as not his official one.

Edited by AceNoctali

1st Generation:

Sigurd & Diadora

Cuan & Ethlin

Jamka & Adean

Holyn & Ira

Beowolf & Lakchesis

Levin & Fury

Claude & Sylvia

Midayele & Briggid

Azel & Tailto

2nd Generation:

Celice & Yuria

Corpul & Rana

Johan/Johalva & Lakche

Leaf & Nanna

Arthur & Phee

Aless & Leen

Shanan & Patty

Sety & Teeny

I think you should have switched Midayle and Jamka, the children benefit so much more, and I think both are equally canon.

Holyn x Ayra = Best Lakche ever, Lex x Ayra provides Elite, but you'll be using them too much, and they'll max anyways. Both are regarded as canon.

Corpul and Rana is a no-no. That's the one pair you gotta not do. Honestly, the only person [excluding subs] that is predestined for him would have to be Patty, who is more canon with Lester or Shanan.

You can do Celice x Rana if you want, I abuse the glitch sometimes. If not, pair Celice with Rana. And if you are, Rana with Skasaher, or Faval. Yuria should go with Skasaher if you decide to pair Rana with Celice/Faval.

Shanan x Patty vs Shanan x Lakche vs Johan/Johalvier x Lakche vs Lester x Patty: Ehh, it's your call to which is more canon. Personally I pair Shanan with Lakche, but it's your call.

I'm not a fan of the Lakchesis, Fin, and Beowolf triangle. For one I don't like Beowolf and I'm glad they didn't add him in the manga(the Osawa one I believe). Two Fin is my favorite character in FE4 and 5. I mean when I played 4 Beowolf was just one of those guys who hung out in the castle. He didn't get hooked up with anyone. Yes I know FE5 doesn't have the pairing system 4 did and had to match people for the sake of the plot but I still don't like it.

SigurdxDiadora. Celice blame your mom for your lackluster speed.

CuanxEthlin.

MidirxAideen, not only the most useful but it's either Midir or Jamka, sorry Azel.

LexAira. It's either Lex or Holyn.

BeowulfxLachesisxFin add in Eltoshan in there somewhere.

LevinxFury. More canon than CuanxEthlin

ClaudexSylvia. Corple looks too much like Claude for it to be a coincidence.

AzelxTiltyu. I can only see Tiltyu and Azel with each other maybe because they're mages and their kids are too.

HolynxBrigid. Faval looks more like Holyn than Dew in my eyes even though Patty is a thief. Also Holyn's base love points with Brigid is 150 which is tied with Alec, Azel, and almost Midir. 3 of her lovers that have conversations in chapter 5. Not to mention how good the pairing is for the kids but everyone knows that.

For one I don't like Beowolf and I'm glad they didn't add him in the manga(the Osawa one I believe).

Yep, that's the Oosawa one. Beowulf is in the Fujimori one, but he has a minor role in there, and this manga is geared towards Lachesis x [spoiler=Lachesis' suitor]Lex

anyway.

I'd say go with Dew x Briggid. Sure, they have no CH5 lover conversation, but let's look at some of the facts:

1) There are no 100% canon pairings in the first place.

2) They're both thieves of a sort.

3) Patty and Dew are both Thieves. They also share a theme song. This is the main thing that made me find Dew x Briggid More canon than Holyn x Briggid.

4) Both Patty and Faval resemble Dew. Faval also resembles Holyn, but Patty doesn't at all.

Edited by Luka Megurine

Yep, that's the Oosawa one. Beowulf is in the Fujimori one, but he has a minor role in there, and this manga is geared towards Lachesis x [spoiler=Lachesis' suitor]Lex

anyway.

Wow..I should try that some day...

MidirxAideen, not only the most useful but it's either Midir or Jamka, sorry Azel.

Promote Lachesis by chapter 4. Have Aideen sell rescue and Lachesis buy it. 9 move rescue bot. Get Claude to buy it before end of gen 1 so that Sety brings it in chapter 8. Promote Leaf asap and give to him.

But then, this is only a turncount thing so if you don't care then Midir or Jamka are probably superior. I'm sure Lester is rather sad with Azel as a dad.

(though apparently you can wait on Leaf's promo since he's kinda busy recruiting Altenna in chapter 9, if you want her)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

3) Patty and Dew are both Thieves. They also share a theme song. This is the main thing that made me find Dew x Briggid

I'm glad someone mentioned this. Despite no Ch 5 conversation, this is some pretty strong evidence here.

Everyone else pretty much ninja'd me, so I'll just be brief on my views. The only canon non-forced pairing is LevinXFury, for the others though, there's always about two that are equally likely to be canon.

Ira: Holyn or Lex. (I think Holyn is slightly more likely because they actually knew each other before. Her and Lex is pretty much just a textbook 'Slap-slap-kiss', although I do agree it's similar to HectorXLyn. Although, I am a IraXHolyn OTP, so I'm biased.)

Edain: Midale or Jamuka. I'm one to argue that Midale is more canon. It also prevents confusion later.

Lachesis: Beowulf AND THEN Fin. This is pretty close to confirmed canon. (remember, while Fin calls Nanna 'daughter' in FE5, Dulmud is still heavily implied to be Beowulf's son

Sylvia: Claude. Just look at Courple. Enough said.

Brigid: Jamuka or Dew. Jumuka is the most likely out of her 'predestined' pairs, but Dew certainly has a lot of evidence going for it.

Tiltyu: Azel. There's really no other option as far as canon is concerned.

As far as 2nd gen is concerned, I don't believe Celice/Yuria is anywhere near canon. The fact that they start with 490, but have negative growth, represents the fact that he's attracted to her at first, but slowly starts to realise that she'd his half-sister.

As for the others, as has been said, LeafXNanna is confirmed canon, but AlessXLeen is pretty damn near close, they start with 300 love points (more than most 1st gen pre-destined pairings) and she mentions him in her death quote even if they aren't paired. (which, btw, is identical to the paired death quote, just that only Aless' name can appear there)

Otherwise, its generally

CeliceXRana

ArthurXFee

LakcheX Johan/Johalva

Patty or Lakche X Shannan

AltennaXAreone

One more thing, I know that no-one ever questions LevinXFury being canon, but I just wanted to mention all the evidence for it if it wasnt outright confirmed.

1: They have a conversation that makes them fall in love instantly NO other pairing in the game can do that.

2: Their paired conversation in Ch 5 outright states they got married. As far as I know, all the other pairing conversations only imply this at most.

3: Sety. Fury has no crusader lineage whatsoever. Sure, she serves the Selisean royal family, but I don't think that would cause her to name her son after the Wind Crusader himself. There's just no reason she would do this unless it was Levin's son too.

4: Sety has a conversation with Levin after he joins, if Levin is his father. Making LevinXSylvia or LevinXTiltyu does give special conversations between Levin and Leen or Tinny, but there's no equivilant conversation for his other potential sons (Arthur and Corple), it's completley exclusive to Sety.

5: The whole 'father left us' subplot with Fee and Sety never goes anywhere, or even makes sense, unless said father is Levin. I don't think any other of Fury's potential suitors would have a reason to leave her. Levin on the other hand:

he was posessed by Holsety, he had no choice.

Yeah, basically, even if it wasn't outright stated, no-one would ever question it being canon.

They have a conversation that makes them fall in love instantly NO other pairing in the game can do that.

To be fair Sigurd and Diadora's conversation does this too but that's 100% canon. :P

To be fair Sigurd and Diadora's conversation does this too but that's 100% canon. :P

Actually, when you recruit Diadora past turn 50 the 2 won't be listed as lovers till Chapter 2. They need one turn after Diadora's recruitment to fall in love.

Huh, is that true? Lol. I wouldn't know because I've never taken that long XD

Do they just have an absurdly large love growth or something?

I once boss abused Dew to lv 20 in a chapter out of boredom, and then I noticed it.

I never delved deeper into it, but I think they just have 495 or sometihng base and only need a +5

I once boss abused Dew to lv 20 in a chapter out of boredom, and then I noticed it.

I never delved deeper into it, but I think they just have 495 or sometihng base and only need a +5

I think thet's true. I once had them do a lover support attack in that chapter.

Regardless of what happens, they are automatically listed as lovers in Chapter 2.

Lex and Edin

Just take a look at Lester and you know who's his father

Although this is certainly a crack pairing, it's still an interesting point. Exactly where did Lester get his blue hair from? My original theory was that Lord Ring had blue hair, (before it went grey) although it could have been from his wife. It does seem really odd to be honest, as each Holy Blood tends to be associated with a certain hair colour.

Baldo: Blue

Ulir: Blonde

Neir: Unsure, but there's slightly more evidance for brown (Dannan, Johan, Johalva, Burian) than there is blue (Lex)

Fala: Red

Tordo: Light grey

Blagi: ??? Not enough characters to tell

Odo: Black

Hezul: Blonde, more clearly yellow than Ulir

Holsety: Green

Noba: Brown

Dain: Olive-green/Brown

Naga: Silver

Loptous: ??? The only major loptian blood character obviously gets his hair from his dad. Are Galle and Maira's hair colours ever mentioned?

Yeah, so maybe the Ulir royal family has some very minor Baldo blood mixed in somewhere. (considerable, since the countries are so close and have a long standing relationship)

Although this is certainly a crack pairing, it's still an interesting point. Exactly where did Lester get his blue hair from? My original theory was that Lord Ring had blue hair, (before it went grey) although it could have been from his wife. It does seem really odd to be honest, as each Holy Blood tends to be associated with a certain hair colour.

If it helps (assuming Midir X Eden, which I believe is canon), I've read somewhere that the Japanese (along with several other cultures) don't fully distinguish blue from green. I don't know just how helpful this tidbit would be though. I just felt like posting it in the hopes of making the explanation for Lester's blue hair clearer. Edited by LittleAl

Lachesis: Beowulf AND THEN Fin. This is pretty close to confirmed canon. (remember, while Fin calls Nanna 'daughter' in FE5, Dulmud is still heavily implied to be Beowulf's son

In fact, if memory serves, Fin never calls Nanna his daughter (baddies like Reydric do so but they refer to Mareeta as Eyval's daughter at some point) and even seems a bit cold with her (it's more or less hinted in his convo in FE5's chapter 7 that he cares for her only because someone asked him to make sure she stay alive). Even if he had, he could very well call her like that because he adopted her.

Moreover it is stated by some character (Selphina I think) that Fin isn't the kind of guy that would care (and by extention even less likely to have a relationship) for women, and that there even was a feud between him and Lachesis. The fact that he doesn't even use Lachesis' name when talking with Nanna hint their relationship was more like acquaintance/friend than lover.

Moreover, Delmud is referred as being Nanna's brother (not her half brother) in all sources, while nowhere is Fin stated as being Nanna's biological father.

And we doesn't even know anything about the beosword, I mean except the blagi sword we doesn't even know why only some chars can use a weapon (with a similar logic as the one commonly used to prove Delmud and Fergus are Beo's sons because of the sword, you can prove that Delmud isn't Lachesis' offspring because he can't use Lachesis' earth sword). Delmud is, ironically, the only one of the three with nothing ever said about his father.

Someone mentioned BeowulfxLachesis' lover convo. It's quite clear that he talks about Eltshan; he talks about knowing from the very beginning, which mean chapter 2 and at that time, Lachesis was all "big brother, big brother". The guy even boast knowing Eltshan... would make better sense than talking of some guys that as nothing to do with the girl. And while he speaks about Fin, he refers him because he's Leaf's guardian in the context.

While I hate BeoxLachesis (heck my favorite pairing for her story-wise is Noish with Fin as an extremely close runner up), it's sadly the only cannon pairing for Lachesis. I find it a bit funny how she's thought as a whore when in her lover's conversation she seems like the sweetest woman and the less likely to have an affair.

Edited by Sartek