Games in Need of Sequels?

Original Alear

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Populous: The Beginning. It's one of my favourite games (in spite of it's flaws I rate it only behind Super Metroid and aLttP in terms of my favourites), but has no sequel to speak of despite so many fantastic ideas to be expanded on.

PSYCHONAUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And The World Ends With You.

I would say the Phoenix Wright series, but thwn I read the anouncement about AAI2. Still, there needs to be Apollo Justice 2, (with MORE characters from the original series please! I want to know what Maya and Edgeworth are doing in 7 years time)

EDIT: Oh, also Sly. Can't believe I forgot that one.

Edited by Big Klingy

Skies of Arcadia.

I don't care what they do to it, Valkyria Chronicles doesn't count, the game needs a real sequel/follow up of equal or greater caliber.

Played the second game? It improved in a TON of areas. Sure, some things were downgraded, thanks to the PSP, but it was, IMO, overall better. As for the move to the PSP, they simply cannot afford the PS3. It's too small a target audience. And the third one takes place at the same time as the original.

Agree with Skies of Arcadia

I would say the Phoenix Wright series, but then I read the anouncement about AAI2. Still, there needs to be Apollo Justice 2, (with MORE characters from the original series please! I want to know what Maya and Edgeworth are doing in 7 years time)

I agree. Perhaps they could bring Phoenix back into the main seat, though. :)

The Legend of Dragoon. Awesome game; needs a sequel or at least a continuing on the series.

EDIT: Also, we need a new Spyro that continues from Year of the Dragon, and ignores all the other shitty ones (although I hear A Hero's Tale is alright, and Enter the Dragonfly wasn't too bad).

Edited by Phoenix Wright

I agree. Perhaps they could bring Phoenix back into the main seat, though. :)

I know that Phoenix said at the end of AJ that he'd retake the bar exam, but I got the feeling that he was joking...

Anyway, I'd like to see another F-Zero or Star Fox game (the 3DS remake of Lylatwars non-withstanding).

Insert Mega Man games that would finally bring together some of the continuities here.

Though I'd personally like to see an Elf Wars game.

And a Pokemon game that is a direct sequel to Gens 1 and 2 set in a third region. I tell you, people are heavily underestimating Gold and Silver being direct sequels as one of the reasons why there are still many people seeing Gen2 as the definite gen.

Skies of Arcadia.

I would like one for that. Ship Battles, non-Ship Battles, shared spirit bar, 1MP spells that use spirit in battle as well, etc. Lots of fun. PROPHECY. Doesn't matter that Pirate's Wrath did more damage per spirit point. Too much fun.

I also want one for Gladius, though I'm pretty sure not many ever played it.

any FE

or the GBA kind of advance wars, not like the one for DS

the super smash bros. series

summon night swordcraft

megaman battle network (again, like the GBA games)

so yeah, this was pretty much a sum up of my favorite games. Can't think of anything else right now...

All that I want for Christmas is a true Mechwarrior sequel. Yes, there's one "in the works", but that's been eerily silent for a long time now...

sequel to the original or whatever the last one was?

Insert Mega Man games that would finally bring together some of the continuities here.

Though I'd personally like to see an Elf Wars game.

And a Pokemon game that is a direct sequel to Gens 1 and 2 set in a third region. I tell you, people are heavily underestimating Gold and Silver being direct sequels as one of the reasons why there are still many people seeing Gen2 as the definite gen.

These games were not meant to be linked in any chronological way. While Neo Team Rocket is dicking around making gyaradoses red, Cyrus created his own universe. It just doesn't look good when you think of it this way.

Also, B/W takes place maybe 10-15 years after D/P/P/HG/SS, so there's that.

In the Metal Gear world, I think Big Boss could use another game after MGS: Peace Walker.

I also think MGS1 should be remade with better graphics (I don't count the Twin Snakes. Grey Fox should not have lost that fistfight.).

That said, Kid Icarus?

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Duke Nukem Forever needs to come out.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

Edited by Sue Sylvester

Didn't they already do another Baten Kaitos? Sure, prequel and all, but I thought the point was that you want another similar game.

I never finished it, though (hate the randomness of cards and this game made it even less easy to deal with than the Lost Kingdoms series), but was there something in the story that made you ask "And then what?"? That's really the only reason for a sequel. Otherwise it's just a similar working game, and Origins should have fed that desire.