Yggdra Union Speed Run!

eclipse

You know battlefield 43 could actually be beaten in just 2 turn (I accomplished it in the GBA version), all you need to do is kill one of the two sisters in turn one and the other in turn two the sisters with a maxed out yggdra using crsade(6500 power at the start of the chapter will do).

Yes, Flint Echo, but this is a speed run, not a record-breaking run. I don't think Crusade was that powerful in her game at that point, and even then, I recall a little luck being involved (and restarting is NOT part of speedrunning).

Also, eclipse is playing on a PSP, and with the 8 vs 8 numbers, and 8% for each surviving unit, I'm not sure if the calculations would be sufficient enough anymore.

How do you get across the map to finish the second one? IIRC, the first part of the battle ends when one sister goes down (I don't know what happens if you kill them simultaneously, but I'm pretty sure it takes more than one turn to set that up).

Crusade has 12 Move. And yes, it ends when one goes down. As for what happens when you kill both, it's the same as killing only one of them. I can't remember if it was Aegina or Luciana but whichever one had higher morale would be the one treated as if she survived iirc. And no, I never did it myself but I'm just quoting Flint Echo while eliminating his inevitable grammar/punctuation errors.

Edited by Proto

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, not quite what I meant, but thanks!

In order to truly finish BF43, you'll need to take out one sister, then defeat the other on the other side of the map. I do not see how this is possible in two player phases.

Ah, not quite what I meant, but thanks!

In order to truly finish BF43, you'll need to take out one sister, then defeat the other on the other side of the map. I do not see how this is possible in two player phases.

I haven't done this myself but I think it was something like this. Turn 1, you use Steal and have Yggdra move as much as is needed for her to be able to reach the second sister after the first one dies. Use the remaining Move to have Milanor (or maybe someone else) come and kill one sister. First part completed. Turn 2, select Crusade and move Yggdra to kill the second sister.

Flint Echo had an UberMilanor btw.

. . .which is what I'm missing. . .along with UberSteal and UberCrusade (Steal was at 2100 or something silly like that).

Well, yeah, I doubt those are feasible in a speed run. Obviously, the whole point is to get the lowest RECORD possible, and it requires some luck iirc.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, yeah, I doubt those are feasible in a speed run. Obviously, the whole point is to get the lowest RECORD possible, and it requires some luck iirc.

If you have crusade at the power described(6500 iirc) , no luck is require.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Oh hey, fan of Yggdra Union here! I came across this thread when looking up strats for my GBA version playthrough, and I'm really excited that someone attempted a speedrun of this game.

I would love to try to do a speedrun of this game as well. I don't know when I will get around to it, but I'd like to get through the GBA version and then replay it on the PSP. I originally played the PSP version some time ago, just not the GBA version until recently.

I'd like to be able to see if I can do a Real Time Attack of this game, meaning that I do the speedrun in real time, from file start to the end of the game. I haven't decided if I want to go with New Game or New Game +, but I know I'm going to do the run on Normal. Of course I'll be doing the speedrun on the PSP version.

It will take me some time to feel ready to attempt a speedrun, maybe a few months or sooner, but my interest is there.