The Most Lovable and Hatable

StinDuh

Noah's the only character with actual development in FE6, so I've always liked him. The Wolf Knights are also a great group, especially Roshe. Killing them off in FE3 really does cement the group (Screw FEDS 2). But Roshe lives because he's awesome, and I'll pair him with Katua because they're adorable together. ^_^

Guy is a favorite because he's actually interesting for a Myrmidon. And Gheb and Binks are incredible.

Screw Rofl.

Edited by Swordsalmon

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hates:

Abel- Why the hell would you pick Est of all women? Palla had her eyes and you dumbass.

Est- Thanks for the sword now go get some Gatorade for everyone on the frontlines.

Elice- At first I liked her but New Mystery turned her into a secret bitch. In short she'll be nice to you face and talk all sorts of crap behind your back in this case, it's Marth.

Cuan and Ethlin: I hate their decision rather than them. What part of their minds did they think it was all right to take their 3 year old daughter with them through a desert?

Lachesis- She misplaced her nephew, Aless. Kicker: She shows no remorse about it at all.

Eltoshan- Jamka was able to see through lies and was able to think for himself. You did the opposite of what he did and died horribly for it.

Diadora- You don't have good genes except having major Narga. Thanks for making Julia a magic beast and Celice having a resistance growth.

Daisy- The worst character in FE history and not likable either.

Marty- Sheep. That is all.

Eda- Why are you here again?

Xavier- Too many reasons to list.

Wolt- I hate his stats. If they remake FE6 please fix his base stats.

Clarine- Girl, get over yourself.

Cath- Bitch, stop stealing my treasure. I don't care about your sob story when you're stealing my treasure.

Sophia- Interesting character with interesting stats. Did I say interesting stats? I meant why the hell are you so weak if you're half-Mamkute?

Lyn- Nothing to like about you, thank God history forgets you exist.

Florina- Everything about her pisses me off.

Erk- Pull the stick out of your ass.

Rath- Who are you and why should I like you?

Raven- Something about him pisses me off to no end.

Jaffar- You killed Leila and broke the nice guy, Matthew.

Innes- You suck and you can't back up your cockiness.

Marisa- Dull like those dull blades you used to sleep with.

Saleh- Something about you I just don't like.

Ike- I hate his RD self. Boring and spotlight stealer. Just fight and don't talk.

Lethe- She was a bitch that could fight in PoR and nice but can't fight in RD. I can't like her.

Zihark- Why are you so boring?

Lyre- Why are you fighting? Just stay at the camp and service the guys.

Kyza- Why are you fighting? Just stay at the camp and service the guys.

Frey- Badass with a nice goatee and continues to remain one.

Merric- The original wind mage with the staple overpowered wind tome.

Ogma- How can you not like him?

Catria and Palla- I don't need words to describe why I like these two. (PallaxFrey, CatriaxCain forever!!!)

Nagi- The new mysterious character that's not boring and strong.

Sigurd-no need for words.

Ayra- Excellent character, warrior, and mother with good genes. She knows how to wield a sword with deadly effect.

Levin- Holsety in more way than one.

Sylvia- I just have a soft spot in my heart for her.

Tiltyu- She was the most cheery character in the first gen only to find out her fate was a killer.

Brigid- This girl does not quit. She takes on an army of pirates single handed with nothing but a steel bow and manages take most of them out. Not to mention Her transformation...

Lakche/Skasaha- They inherited their mother's everything meaning their good by osmosis.

Sety- Named after Sety and is able to use Holsety. Likable character too. Almost perfect.

Evayle- Learning who she really is increased my respect for her by so much.

Fin- This guy goes the extra mile. Taking care of 2 kids while constantly on the move. Most guys would not have been able to do that.

Fergus- Likable sarcastic guy that's impossible to hate.

Dean- No words.

Fir- I just like her.

Gonzales- Sure he's ugly but he's probably the nicest person in FE6 and can handle himself in a fight and he gets props for being a brigand.

Miledy- This dragon lady is good and sensible when it comes to her actions. She takes her duty seriously and I have a lot of respect for her.

Bartre- The only guy I like in FE7.

Joshua- The hat, the stats, the status, the everything.

Nephenee- Soldieress that doesn't disappoint. A personality that's interesting.

Brom- Country folk are the most fun and interesting characters.

Mordecai- Gentle giant.

Haar- Nonchalant about most things. Seems like time flows at it's own pace when he's around.

Micaiah- A lord that doesn't follow the tradition formula, I like her much more than Ike.

Edward- He's the new Swordmaster kid that's cheery.

Lovable:

Akaneia

Xane

Tiki

Norne

Minerva

Navarre

Ogma

Palla

Catria

Lena

Merric

Linde

Jugdral

Ayra

Lex

Holyn

Azel

Tiltyu

Fury

Aideen

Briggid

Shanan

Lakche

Skasaher

Tinny

Arthur

Patty

Lana

Sety

Fee

Elibe

Lilina

Clarine

Rutger

Fir

Hector

Lyn

Lucius

Serra

Priscilla

Guy

Pent

Louise

Magvel

Eirika

L'Arachel

Marisa

Natasha

Lute

Joshua

Tellius

Mist <3 <3 (obvious)

Jill

Nephenee

Ilyana

Mia

Zihark

Rolf

Kieran

Elincia

Sanaki

Gatrie

Marcia

Sigrun

Edward

Laura

Hatable

Akaneia

Matthis

Castor

Michalis

Jugdral

Levin (good unit, don't like his personality so much)

Delmud

Oifaye

Faval

Lester

Johan

Elibe

Geese

Lalum

Lot

Wade

Geitz

Dart

Fiora

Dorcas

Bartre

Magvel

Innes

Dozla

Rennac

Garcia

Tellius

Lethe

Lyre

Kyza

Shinon (great unit, but terrible personality)

Tanith

Malakov

Oliver

Sothe

That's all I can think of for now.

Edited by El Rey León

Dirty crows? I dunno, I always liked crows, and for the sake of accuracy RAVENS, and the badass quotient carried over into Tellius.

They are referred to as crows from most. Deal with it~

Hatable

Tellius

Shinon (great unit, but terrible personality)

His personality isn't terrible. In fact, he's one of the few to actually have one. He's just an ass.

Arkanea:

Jeigan as the tactician- I never tough I would like him, but he was actually funny/interesting outside the battlefield

Shiida- Caring young girl trying to help everyone

Able- He seems like a nice, quiet guy

Merric- very studious, but caring

Oguma- He seems like a pretty nice guy

Jugdral:

Sigurd- A true gentleman

Ethlin/Cuan: both are so cute together.

Finn- he is sweet and loyal

Ayra: wow, hard life, but you continue to pull strong

Elto- so loyal

Phee-She is just so happy most of the time

Sety- He seems like a caring guy

Leaf- he seriously needs to stop and think at times, but other than that he seems like a nice guy

Nanna- appears to be a very sweet girl

Leen- seems like a very, very happy girl (and who wouldn't be happy with her boyfriend)

Aless- He needs to learn to smile. But he is so caring to Leen

Felgus: wow, you say the wierdest things...

Elibe:

Ray- seems to be enjoyable at times'

Pent/Louise- so cute

Klein- someone had to make up for a terrible sister

Matthew- poor guy, but he seems nice

Magvell:

Seth- loyal knight to the rescue

L'Archel- lol, what did she just say

Tana- a ditz, but very nice

Franz- awww

Tellius:

Haar- OMG! It's a one eyed, wyvirin riding, pirate XD

Elincia- perfect princess in distress

Geoffrey- willing to do so much for the woman he loves, even if she won't love him

Edward- his energy is uplifting

Kieran- so random XD

Dislikes:

Archenia:

Est- the guy you love switches sides for you, and you just leave him. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

Kashim (Castor)- Shiida will understand the truth. Please learn to say it

Narvarre- IDK why, I just don't see myself being able to talk with him

Michalis- you kill your father, join forces with the evil dragon monster, and almost kill your younger sister

Gharneff- evil

Jugdral:

Sylvia- uhh I don't think I need to explain

Levin- you ditch your wife with two young kids... wow

Alec- can you take anything seriously?

Hilda- wow, evil much?

Chrgall- spoiled brat king...

Manfroy- cold-hearted monster

Elibe:

Narshen- why do you think you are so perfect?

Nino- please realize that Sonia wants to see you dead

Sonia- ..evil, just evil

Clarine- I really didn't think that Pent would spoil his daughter to this point. She is just a brat

Magvell:

Neimi- stop crying, really it gets annoying

Innes- we get it, you think you are better than Ephraim. Now can you please prove it?

Valter- umm, you are one wierd guy

Tellius:

Micaiah- please develop some emotion

RD Ike- dude, what happened in three years? You became so personality-less in RD

Almelda- you leave your real son behind, then you begin crying like we are suppose to feel sorry for you

His personality isn't terrible. In fact, he's one of the few to actually have one. He's just an ass.

And being an ass is known as having a TERRIBLE PERSONALITY. 8D

Actually, I have a love/hate relationship with Shinon. Yeah, he's an ass, but at the same time its refreshing that not every FE character in Tellius is a goody-goody. I do have a soft spot for Good Is Not Nice characters. So I don't really know.

And why did I call Lana "Lara"?

Good Is Not Nice

Shinon's...not...exactly on the northerly edge of the alignment spectrum. Throwing it blandly into Generico System, probably CN, if not CE.

I tend to like huge bitches, and I like what Sonia brought to FE7, being a femme fatale and also not being aware of her morph status. But Hilda is just terrible and I hate her. She takes it too far even for me! Poor Tiltyu. ;_;

It's just you. Richard Gere's nose is a bit big for Seth. =O

But Seth's nose is notably bigger(as in pointier) than most. Or maybe it's how he's portrayed.

Matthew - who is in need of a hug

Nino

Zelgius - who gets points for being manly and badass without being hollow

Kieran - a good breath of fresh air

Tormod - he has a nice and vibrant character

Ranulf - is it possible for him to say something un-funny?

Hates:

Sain - get a grip man! Women will like you more if you stop hitting on them!

Sonia - heartless bitch

Valtome - *continuous gargling sound*

Shinon - I have little tolerance of racists and b******s. Learn to get along with the world

Calill - get off your high horse

Izuka - you would be hard pressed to find a more evil, heartless monster in the series (I've heard that there's some serious competition in FE4 but I've never played it)

Lekain - who is slimy, manipulative and has no care for human life. So just like a politician then

Almedha - you do nothing except get in the way, are responsible for half the conflict in the two Tellius games (through Ashnard) and disgraced the name of Goldoa by being the bait for Rajaion and a platoon of red dragons

Note: I've only played games 7-11, I never really got into 8 and 11 gave me little to work with. That's why these choices are all from 7, 9 and 10.

Edited by Byte2222

• 2 weeks later...

Hates:

Xavier- Too many reasons to list.

Cath- Bitch, stop stealing my treasure. I don't care about your sob story when you're stealing my treasure.

Sophia- Interesting character with interesting stats. Did I say interesting stats? I meant why the hell are you so weak if you're half-Mamkute?

Lyn- Nothing to like about you, thank God history forgets you exist.

Erk- Pull the stick out of your ass.

Marisa- Dull like those dull blades you used to sleep with.

Zihark- Why are you so boring?

Lyre- Why are you fighting? Just stay at the camp and service the guys.

was almost gonna hate you, until this:

Frey- Badass with a nice goatee and continues to remain one.

Fir- I just like her.

Gonzales- Sure he's ugly but he's probably the nicest person in FE6 and can handle himself in a fight and he gets props for being a brigand.

Joshua- The hat, the stats, the status, the everything.

Nephenee- Soldieress that doesn't disappoint. A personality that's interesting.

Brom- Country folk are the most fun and interesting characters.

Micaiah- A lord that doesn't follow the tradition formula, I like her much more than Ike.

Edward- He's the new Swordmaster kid that's cheery.

and about the hates, I think that's okay since I don't like Ogma ;)

I need to hate and be hated.

HATE

Micaiah - Hypocritical bitch. If you really believe that compassion shit that you talk about, then why must you drag the rest of the world into destruction along with Daein? You are not me, stop trying to be.

Mist - I just hate people with special powers that nobody else has just for convenience of plotline.

Mordecai

Gonzales

Nephenee

Brom

Dorcas

Gilliam

Don't feel like explaining the likes. Came here to hate.

Tana. She's so cute and sweet!

Marcia: ^

Shiida: ^^

Ike: Uber... just too uber

Tiki: Gotta love the cute dragon girl

Soren: He's interesting. Deep. And he kicks ass.

Dislikes:

Rolf: meh. Worthless IMHO

Valter: Creepy rapist...

Lekain: wutta tool

Est: Why the hell did you ditch Abel after marrying him? -_- You ruined his life even further!

Astram: You're so stupid I just wanna punch you in the face. Do you think your beloved Nyna would approve of Hardin's actions as emperor?

Xane: Does what the humans did to the Manaketes justify slavery and wholesale brutality? Hypocrite.

Edited by Pet Pikachu

• 2 weeks later...

Long post incoming! These are only from what I've played. Let's get the bad out of the way first.

Dislike!

FE7

Nils- Only slightly, but still. We're sorry your sister died, but could you have at least had a support with someone? Renault had the same time as you did and is not nearly as useful as you. Your hate is understandable, but still...

Merlinus- Funny and likeable, but could you let me go please? It's getting hard to breathe...

FE8

Neimi- A bit too weepy for my taste. It's a bit too much when your ending describes you as such...

Rennac- Just admit you don't find L'Arachel's company too bad and things will go easier for you.

Syrene- ...meh...

FE10

Laura - Despite what some of us in the series expect, the world of Radiant Dawn is one of the bleakest Fire Emblems ever. It's not fun and games Laura! Listen to Aran and Micaiah on this one (though your heals are useful.)

Volug/Leanne - For being untranslatable. Fun Fact! After reading through some of their translations on this site, I found out they actually made the most sense of all the characters on the field! Too bad not all of us can read super-swervy cursive and miss all of this.

Lehran- For causing all this mayhem from what amounts to a selfish hissy fit. Failed to convince me; even FE1 (Shadow Dragon) Medeus and Fomortiis made better villains imo.

Special! People from PoR that failed in RD

Sothe- Damn it, just admit you're happy to be fighting with Ike again when you rejoin! Don't question it!

Ilyana- I could've sworn there was something more to you than food in the previous game (though I haven't gotten all your supports yet.)

Danved- So... why is it so important that you are not Devdan again?

Largo- Why'd you have to get yourself crippled? Your eagerness would have been fun on the battlefield.

Astrid- When you get to the point where even the notorious AND self-admitted lowlife gambler is questioning why the hell you are putting up with his presence, something is seriously wrong with you.

Yune (Not Micaiah, oddly enough) - You know why Ashera is breaking your agreement and such? Because, as revealed by the character portraits, you are just a little girl who couldn't understand that she lied to you so that you would just stop pestering her. It's probably why she split apart from you in the first place! Flooding the continent by accident (Uh-huh...) and making people insane if they touch your bed when you're asleep isn't fun either. Thing is, including the gods in this game probably made everything more convoluted (though from what I've heard, the god thing actually works in Gaiden and Holy War.)

And lastly... Ike- At times you made sense, at times you didn't... I wonder how things would have been if you didn't have to share this game's Lord Duty with Micaiah, Elincia, and Sanaki, as well as a few Jagens...

Shadow Dragon DS

Arran/Samson - The fact that both of you say I should have gone to the other village when in reality you both are pretty bad isn't filling me with confidence right now...

Marth - But only for actually saying "Yow! An enemy ambush!" in the prologue. Hilarious, yes, but it made both me and Gordin face palm, and he was completely tied up at the moment!

Final judgements will be held until I play New Mystery when it gets released in NA (I believe it will!)

Now! On to the likes!

FE7

Lyn - First FE I ever played, first Lord, and first impressions are awesome. Not afraid to speak her mind and kick ass doing so.

Kent + Sain - Each likeable in their own ways, but as a duo they really stand out.

Florina - I dunno... something about how she wants to succeed so much, and that she's apparently the life of a party (See Farina A) just makes me like to use her.

Wil - Normal Archer # 3 represent! (See Rath's B+ supports with him if you're confused.)

Serra - Annoying, but perky, which wins out in the end.

Matthew - Oh, you lovable rogue who's serious at just the right times.

Bartre - For showing you're much more than what your recruitment dialogue led me to believe in both Canas' supports (B+) and when recruiting Karla (Stuff like this is what's making me excited for New Mystery!)

Hector - Taking badass to the next level and being a caring guy on top of all that.

Canas - Elder magic indeed. Not sure why but he just stands out for me.

Dart - For his own loyalty, and hidden secrets as well. Oddly enough, I don't use him too much for some reason.

Legault - See Matthew

Nino - Life will get better for you! Even if most of your paired endings result in you becoming a hobo on the run!

Jaffar - Completely Nino's fault. Though the fact that the two get a few chapters devoted to them normally helps the fact.

FE8

Gilliam - There's just something about him that draws him to me, in a way. Strong dependableness?

Ross - You know, a lot more FE games could use your enthusiasm, especially RD and SD.

Lute/Artur - Kinda bland on their own, but really shine in their supports, especially with each other. Spiders... he he.

Joshua - The only reason I would do Eirika route nowadays is thanks to his coming home subplot. A lot more to this mercenary than his hat would suggest.

Innes - You know, despite what people say about you, you actually mean very well. Seriousness isn't always a bad thing, especially when you're the only sane man at times.

Gerik - Dependable Mercenary leader type, looks out for his men. I like that.

L'Arachel - A bit annoying at first, but her rare serious moments bump her up a notch for me.

Knoll - One of the two reasons I prefer Ephraim route. Nothing on Eirika route, but his introduction on Ephraim and his subsequent supports actually make him fairly deep. Gloomy, yet endearing at the same time.

Lyon - On Ephraim's Route only, and the second reason I prefer Ephraim's route. The whole story of him being consumed completely on Eirika's Route seems like a cop-out and just trying to protect her. The fact that on Ephraim's Route it's revealed that he is not only still barely alive/sane, but was always fully aware of everything that's been happening and yet he is still willing to revive the Demon King to save his country. This shows a lot more about the much spoken-of love and devotion Lyon possesses than simply the pining for Eirika we see on her route. Also, I prefer how Ephraim reacts when confronting him as opposed to Eirika's reactions.

FE9

Ike - Naive, yet courageous at the same time, not going to let injustices slide in front of him. Too bad of that quagmire of a sequel where you and everybody else is a pawn until the very end.

Boyd - Energetic, yet lazy, yet fun at the same time. Matches your biorhythm perfectly (Despite my intense hatred for the Biorhythm system.)

Rhys - Nice, dependable guy who cares about his comrades/family. The same could be said for a lot of the Greil Mercenaries in this respect.

Mist/Rolf - You show them that you can succeed on the Battlefield! Mist even gets a pretty badass conversation if Ashnard attacks her, which is neat! (Though he ended up one-shotting her, and it was hard mode so I didn't want to restart and she wasn't a corpse story-wise.)

Volke - Sneaky guy who replaces the other thieves' humor with subtlety and espionage, yet still pulls it off (even if I don't use him in combat.) The reveal concerning him and Greil cements his likeability for me.

Tormod - One of the few characters who didn't lose points with me plot-wise in RD, even if his usefulness in battle took a huge plunge. Fun guy all around.

Haar - With his sleepy time, you know he's secretly awesome on the inside. Him taking care of Jill as a promise to Shihiram (also awesome,) just takes the cake on this one.

Tibarn - Tellius' version of Hector, pretty much.

FE10

Edward/Leonardo/Nolan - The main members of the Dawn Brigade. Although they didn't get too much development, they got enough to be positive in my eyes overall. From Edward's enthusiasm and just going with the flow on a lot of things, contrasted by Leonardo's seriousness making a good foil for Edward, and Nolan being a mentor type to the two boys, this trio deserved more love in my opinion.

Meg - If you've been paying attention to this list, then me liking the underleveled characters should come as no surprise. As for Meg, she just brings a happy face to the table, which is nice, though her crossing the known world just to track down Zihark with basically no confirmation anywhere (again, haven't seen all of PoR's supports,) was a little creepy.

Nailah - Badass Wolf, and one of the only sane people when everything was going to pieces. I don't know how you put up with all these guys, Nailah.

Brom/Nephenee - While they were okay in PoR, they really shine here in RD. Being two of the first to notice the rebellions in Crimea, they drop their hoes and pick up their weapons once more (though Brom's change to axe confuses me, much appreciated though,) to protect their homes. Their honesty and down-to-earthness is refreshing when nearly every other character is just going along for either the hell of it or doing it through orders or coercion.

Kieran - You really are a strong and dependable knight after all! Sorry for abandoning you in PoR for Boyd and Titania.

Shinon - Another character improvement. Who would have thought that your racism and dourness in PoR would change into a strong voice of reason (though only in side conversations.) How did you accomplish this? By changing nothing about yourself at all. Props for being true to your mean, jerkish self when everyone else was influenced easily or stubborn in the wrong way.

Skrimir - Quite possibly one of the few new characters to actually get character development. Though the change from bull-headed idiot to dependable leader is a common, nearly cliche one, it works for him for some reason.

Stefan - Mysterious badass who I completely missed in PoR AND RD in my first playthroughs. Even though a lot of the mystery is revealed in an impossible to miss side conversation (even if you didn't recruit him,) my likeness for him doesn't decrease. The clincher is when he was talking to Yune before 4-E about how screwed up being a Branded was and asking what they did to deserve it. When Yune truthfully tells him that there was no reason and things just, happened, then watching as he just falls apart in hollow laughter, I'm floored with sympathy for him and rage at everyone who forced him into this situation in the first place (including Ashera, Yune, Lehran, and the Senators.)

Shadow Dragon DS

Jagen - Gameplay-wise? Usable but very weak. Personality-wise? From his conversation with Cain in the prologue, awesome! He just really gives the impression of a grizzled veteran who's seen it all; caring, yet stern with his troops.

Frey - For being the canon sacrifice and facing near-certain death with dignity and honor.

Gordin - Sure, you're kinda weak, but there's just something about you that has a good charm. Perhaps it's cause you're one of the few character pictures that doesn't have a gloomy/dour face as it's default position for the game.

Caeda - Caring, yet crafty and manipulative as well. Maybe it's because I like certain manipulative villains from other series, but this didn't diminish her quality at all. If she wasn't an ally, she'd make a pretty good enemy. Poor Roger never knew what hit him.

Julian - Only a few conversations here and you still pull off that roguish quality all thieves are contractually obligated to have. Nice job!

Hardin - Having spoiled myself on a few plot details of Mystery before Shadow Dragon was released (i.e. Hardin is the bad guy,) it's just tragic seeing him express his wishes for a long, healthy friendship with Marth in his extra conversation with him.

Midia - Only because her character portrait's face has this dark, super-serious look when she says "Hello, my lover," when recruiting Astram. It's just so out of place that it makes it unintentionally hilarious. Reunions are not supposed to work that way!

Finally, the Sacrificial Gaiden Characters (Athena/Horace/Etzel/Ymir) - For getting more than one scene of dialogue and appearing in chapters that would actually be okay-ish in modern Fire Emblems, getting somewhat of a personality in the process. Still felt sad at having to sacrifice my teammates souls to Gharnef's Fancy Dinner Potluck for the villains at the 20th anniversary just to see them, but it's looking like that won't be an issue in the sequel.

Final judgements will be held until I play New Mystery when it gets released in NA, as stated above.