Paranormal Activity 2

Raven

There is no existing PA2 topic, so here goes.

I watched it today (well yesterday technically since it's gone 12, whatever).

It was better than the first by quite a long shot, but that's probably because i like the fact the cast doesn't consist of just two people and that there were several fixed cameras throughout the house, including the ones the cast used on foot.

I do however find it unbelievable how some people can be mindfucked to the point where it affects their sleep. There was, for me at least, two, maybe two and a half, really jumpy parts.

Anyway it was enjoyable, much more than the first.

Anyone else here seen it? What did you think? Where did you shit bricks, if any?

I found it amusing, and somewhat scary, but it didn't affect me as strongly as the first. I suppose the novelty has slightly worn off. I also had part of the ending spoiled for me weeks before I saw it, so that probably ruined quite a bit of the oomph of the final portion.

Though I think this movie kind of helped reinforce my mother's fear of ghosts. She genuinely believes she's being haunted at her workplace. She says she keeps receiving calls from a room that when she checks no one is in. I think someone is screwing around with her because they know she's superstitious. I don't really know what to do about it.

• 2 months later...

some theater employee threatened to kick me out if i continued to laugh so hard at the movie. apparently, i was ruining the atmosphere or something like that.

i was like "fuck? i ain't comin' here no more"

Edited by Belarus

• 2 weeks later...