Arch's random short survey for FE fans.

Arch

1. Areone, Kuraine, Levail, Linus, Reinhardt

2. Cain and Abel

3. hmm, well FE6!Hector, Tiltyu, Ethlin, Cuan and several others I guess but don't affect me as much as those

4. those old sage/druids in FE6 that guarded some of the legendary weapons (and were just a palette swap)

5. presumably they all go to some equivalent of a peaceful afterlife; those that didn't lead honorable lives instead either get a chance of redemption or are completely reincarnated into a different person

6. Dorcas tends to take a lot of random blows if it means drawing attention away from anyone else at least until I bench him.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1: LYON. MICHALIS(FE11), Camus(FE11), Eremiya(FE12), Selena

Q2: Kent and Sain.

Q3: Playable characters, right? NINIAN! Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, Hardin, Boah

Q4: I don't remember them, obviously. There are a ton of them, the ones that are basically color swaps of other bosses, and say maybe one line besides the death quote and battle opening. Basically all of the bosses in FE11.

Q5: Heaven or Hell, depending on actions - based on things like Gharnef's death quote - "I'll be waiting in the pits of hell when Medeus sends you to join me!" = Most epic death quote ever.

Q6: Maria in FE11. Magic just owns. Marth in FE11 as well

Q1: Name me five enemies you wish could be recruited (any FE game).

Camus, Ishtar, Areone, Brunya, Gale

Q2: Which is your favorite Cavalier duo? Cain and Abel, Alec and Noish, Kent and Sain, Lance and Alan, Kyle and Forde, or Oscar and Kieran.

Kent and Sain.

Q3: Name any characters who canonically die that you can remember off the top of your head.

BK, Ishtar, Hector. First 3 that came to mind.

Q4: Which FE boss is the most unmemorable?

Every single FE11 boss not called Gharnef, Medeus, Camus, Michalis or Tiki.

Q5: Where do you think FE characters go when they die? Be creative.

Candyland.

Q6: Think of a character that you typically use as cannon-fodder. State that character's name.

Levin.

Q2: Which is your favorite Cavalier duo? Cain and Abel, Alec and Noish, Kent and Sain, Lance and Alan, Kyle and Forde, or Oscar and Kieran.

Q3: Name any characters who canonically die that you can remember off the top of your head.

Q6: Think of a character that you typically use as cannon-fodder. State that character's name.

Binks, Ishtar, Ishtor, Schmidt (don't ask), Fargus.

Alec and Noish. Alec's just...Alec. His badass turban alone makes up for the fact that Noish is a blank slate of a man.

Eli and Hector, Orson if he counts, Fado, Ismaire, Sigurd, Diadora, Cuan, Ethlin...bah, there's a lot more than that, I'm certain. Reyson's bodyguard dude...

I was gonna say Aias, but the fact that he was one of my first thoughts is instantly a bad sign. Instead, I'll go with the various recoloured cultists in the FE4 epilogue, and if not them then Migal, who isn't even recoloured when his mug shows up again as 'some bandit'.

Valhalla, except with tier debaters instead of valkyries.

:Dozla: is the man who I always use and who's always died in ever-more creative ways. Maybe I just love seeing his death quote. As a general rule, I often toss a promotion item to units that I used for a while who ended up at level 10, 11 (Rath, pretty much always) and these dudes become the filler, the cleanup, the meat.

Edited by Furetchen

Hetzel, Zelgius, Deghinsea, Septimus, Levail

Oscar and Kieran

Leila

(random boss who I already don't remember anymore) Callum

they go to the next level of heaven/hell, which is another FE world. that's why Jake (from Anna) appears in multiple continents (Anna is the RNG-goddess, she just follows him everywhere.

I think it's a waste of experience to use characters I'm not planning to bring to endgame.

Lloyd Reed, then he'll recruit Linus as well! I could say Selena also... then Brenya and Limstella

Forde and Kyle, cause I've been with these two for a long time... Lance and Alan too, but I'm more biased to Alan cause he looks like a younger version of Kieran... and of course, Oscar and Kieran, cause they kill me laughing!

Leila, Brendan Reed, Hector and Aenir...

Blech... Sigune was too meh... add in Valter now!

Handsome characters go to Lumi's paradise if they die... The other good guys go to my magnificent domain while the bad guys go to my torture room of eternal punishment where they will be tied up and be exposed to Serra's endless chattering until they explode!

Clarine, cause she has h4x dodging skillz.... and Kyle too, cause nearly everything TINKS! on him...

Edited by Frostbite

1) Linus, Lloyd, Hardin, Roro, Selena

2) Kyle and Forde

3) Cuan, Ethlin, Leila, Hector, Sigurd, Lorenz, Boah

4) Doma

5) I thought their quintessence got recycled, like uh... reincarnation.

6) Bartre

Limstella, Zelgius

not the black knight, /zelgius

, Camus, Hetzel (a waste? no. He was supposed to be recruited. ;-;), Jill's dad (whose name doesn't come to mind).

Oscar and Kieran

The four that come to mind are

Eliwood, Hector, Pelleas, Lehran.

I forget.

I hate to be uncreative, but FE seems to have no afterlife. I mean, the goddesses are in the waking world. I could be forgetting something, I guess.

/shrug

Don't really do that.

Edited by Lux Aeterna

Carlyle, Michaelis (Minevera's brother in FEDS) and uh...can't think of any others atm. (been a while since I played anything.)

Kent and Sain FOR THE WIN. ♥

Leila, Ismaire, Lyon, Eliwood's dad, Fado

O'Neil lol. Generic fighter unit in the prologue.

they wander the planet as lost souls?

Does this mean making them die? If so, just about any character in FEDS that isn't Marth, Barst, Caeda, Tiki, Elice, Cain, Abel, Merric, Lena, Navarre or Julian.

1. Veyona, Zelgius, Lyon, Deghinsea (or however he's spelling it these days), Selena

2. Oscar and Kieran, mainly because they wield different weapons

3. Leila, Ephidel, Boah, Arran (post game), Uther, Elbert. I'm not counting fatalities that can be attributed to the player

4. This is a counterproductive question, an unmemorable boss is unlikely to be remembered and named in the survey. Since you insist the boss of Chapter 17 in Blazing Sword, the Shaman guy. All the GBA Shaman bosses are really generic because of the hood. Are you starting to see why I dislike this question?

5. Very good question... I really don't know. They probably don't move on to an afterlife since they can (often) be revived, but being lost into limbo contradicts in-game religion

6. I consider nobody disposable, I always keep my entire team, even if it means losing hours of work in a restart. If you want to know who I throw in haplessly... Ike. Probably. Knights/Generals are always defensive lines.

N.B. I've only played games 7-11. Dunno whether it matters but you should probably know.

I've got a project idea and I'm doing some research as I put together plans for a hack when I finish Elibian Nights. I have a few questions I'd like FE fans to answer. It may seem like a dumb survey, but it's for a good cause! And of course your input is valued.

1. Ishtar, Levail, Bryce, Shiharam,Hardin in fe3

2. Kent and Sain

3. Yurius, Sigurd, Most of your male characters in part one of fe4, Ashnard, most bosses, but it would go forever even if I listed them just off the top of my head.

4. I was about to say that generic boss from fe12, but I actually remember him. I looked it up, and I'll go with the boss from fe9's 2nd chapter.

5. They go back to the place where they first were in-game and wait for a new game.

6. Jagen

- Lloyd from FE7

- Uhai from FE7

- Fargus from FE7 (if he wasn't as broken)

- Kishuna from FE7! :awesome:

- Selena from FE8

I'll have to go with Oscar and Kieran here. They're not as generic and boring as the other cavalier duos.

Cuan, Ethlin, Ninian (even though she doesn't stay dead), Athos, Leila, basically every single boss you have to fight in "defeat the boss", "defeat all enemies" or "seize" missions

I can't remember. :awesome:

Nowhere. They're dead.

No, I'm not creative.

Knoll's Phantoms. Sometimes also FE11!Generics if I happen to get them.

Edited by Raymond

Lloyd, Linus, Gale, Ursula, Ephidel

Oscar and Kieran

Boah, Lawrence, Hardin, Dorias, Ninian, Canas, Trabant, Levin, Brigid, Cuan, Ethlin

Any with a copied face...Harold (FE4) is pretty forgettable. All the Lyn Mode bosses other than Batta, Glass and Lundgren.

They get into some post life queue and draw a number. Every time someone uses the Valkyrie Staff or some other means of revival the corresponding number lights up and they're called to the front and sent back. Levin likes to skip.

Dorcas, Glade's knights, Abel, Kein, Bord, Gordin, Wolf, Sedgar, Vyland, Roshea, Matthis, Maria...if I had to pick one it'd be Gordin.

Edited by Mekkah

Erik (FE6), Glen (FE8), Freya (FE6), Lombroso (FE10), Valter (FE8). In that order.

Lance and Alan.

?

I can't remember. Probably Emil.

To a graveyard.

Aran.

Edited by Mr. Know-it-all-Anouleth

Ishtar(FE4), Reinhardt(FE5), Lloyd Reed(FE7), Kleine(FE12), Arion(FE4)

Q2: Which is your favorite Cavalier duo? Cain and Abel, Alec and Noish, Kent and Sain, Lance and Alan, Kyle and Forde, or Oscar and Kieran. Gonna go with Oscar and Kieran on this one. Kent/Sain come close.

Greil, Cuan, Ethlin, Brendan Reed, Leila, Hector.

Uhh... Kezdha most likely.

Well, considering that FE is a game, I am gonna go a different route with this one. When FE characters die, they go into a limbo sort of state, almost like purgatory. While they are here, they wait for the next time they are recruited.

Not too many of them, actually. I guess Edward in FE10 earlygame.

Uhai, Lloyd (FE7) Zelgius, then Fargus and Eltshan had a brief stint as an enemy. if they don't count Nedata, Carlyle

Kent and Sain

Hassar, Madelyn, Greil, Hector, Leila, Uther, Elbert, Eltshann, Mahnya, Levail, Brigid, Canas, Fado, Cuan, Ethlin, Sigurd, Lilia, Rajaion and the guys in Q1 who aren't already mentioned.

Kezhda, the cat which only appears if Lethe died for 3-6

Ragnarok! :Sweden: lack of viking emotcoins displeases me

Dunno maybe the same place the FE8 monsters spawn from, unless they just grow from Darkling woods like some sort of zombie plant.

Gaggles Gordin, have fun being the decoy

@Lux His name is Shihiram isn't it?

Edited by mikethfc

1. Idun (FE6), Lloyd Reed (FE7), Eltoshen (FE4), Ishtar (FE4), Gale (FE6)

2. Sain and Kent

3. Eltoshen, Sigurd, Cuan, Ethlin, Tiltyu, Leila (FE7), Uhai, Elbert, Lloyd, Linus, Hector, Glen, Ismaire, Vigarde, Lyon, Greil, Shiharam, Rajaion, Levail, Zelgius.

4. Gheb

5. I figure with the presence of quintessence (especially in FEs 4 & 7), and the fact that there's magic in certain FEs that can bring certain people back to life (Aum in the Archanea FEs, and the Valkyrie staff in FE4), I'd imagine FE characters would go straight to the source of where their quintessence came from upon dying. Think the Lifestream from FF7, or something similar to it.

6. I really let no one die in FEs that aren't numbered 11. (Though I would gladly off Florina after recruiting Fiora, if the survival rank was a tiny bit more lenient.) But as far as FE11 is concerned, usually Gordin, Castor. Can't really think of anyone else though.

Edited by LittleAl

HOW COME NO ONE LIKES KEMPF?

1: Kempf, Alvis (maybe for part 1?), Narshen, Michalis, Jarod. With Jarod and Kempf being my favorites.

2: Oscar and Kieran, even though they are less of a duo than most of the others.

3: Holy shit! I assume you mean PCs only, otherwise this would be insane. Cuan, Ethlin, Vylon, Sigurd, Levin (even though he comes back as Holsety), probably a bunch of other FE4 characters from part 1 but I'm not sure which ones canonically die since I know at least some of the women survive not to mention Finn, wow that was a run-on sentence, Hector, the Black Knight, Pelleas maybe (Dunno which is considered canon and probably never will).

4: Catalena from FE10. She's the falcon knight in 4-1 of RD.

5: VALHALLA!

(heh, I see Aquilae answered this already!)

6: NPCs are the only cannon fodder in Fire Emblem, and the only ones I treat as expendable are the...nameless ones. So, I'm sorry but I don't have an answer.

I've got a project idea and I'm doing some research as I put together plans for a hack when I finish Elibian Nights. I have a few questions I'd like FE fans to answer. It may seem like a dumb survey, but it's for a good cause! And of course your input is valued.

Reading the questions, I think I know what you're planning. If I'm right, I must say that I approve.

Q1:

Eltoshan (FE4)

Arion (FE4)

Rinehart (FE5)

Glen (FE8)

Zelgius (FE10)

FE10 Bandit

Not including Camus because

he's Sirius in Book 2 and possibly Zeek in Gaiden

Q2: Oscar and Kieran.

Q3: I assume this means people that you don't outright kill or cause to die (so no listing Lloyd/Linus because Sonia finishes them or Sonia because Nergal finishes her).

Boa, Ephidel, Elbert, Uther, Hector, Desmond (Zephiel's dad), Glen, Brendan Reed, Greil, Zelgius, Sigurd, Ethlin, Cuan, Eirika and Ephraim's dad (was it Fado? Or was that the Frelian king), Levin, Briggid, Lachesis, Tiltyu, Claude... Probably a bunch more of first generation.

Q4: If I remember them, then they aren't the most unmemorable, now are they? Anyway, probably some boss from FE1 or 6. Maybe even the generics in Book 2 (Ch. 13, 18, and 22) although I don't really count those.

Q5: For some reason I always thought of it like the GBA remake for FF2 bonus Dawn of Souls thing (where you control the three characters that died in the normal game plus a fourth guy that also died but you never got to use in what was basically an afterlife. It was pretty neat)

Q6: Cannon fodder as in "use with the intent to get killed?" None. "Use as meatshield to divert fire from other units," though... Probably Marcus. FE6 to be specific.

Gale, Ishtar, Shagaal (Seriously, that guy is a legend), Trabant and Hetzel (he didn't deserve to die.)

Luke and Rody, but Cain and Abel from your list.

Sigurd (Tear comes to my eye at that one), Hector, Boah, Zephiel, That Rausten Knight at the beginning of chapter 19 in FE8.

Eins (It had to be one of them, I don't even remember if they had boss music. Yuria beat them far too easily)

A heaven/hell of sort, probably somewhere in the same dimension as the dragon tribe where the alterspire is in FE11, since the divine dragon tribe are basically gods themselves, or at least the guardians of the gods/God.

Q6: Think of a character that you typically use as cannon-fodder. State that character's name

Fiona (It was the only use I could think of for her.)

Q1: Alvis, Nedata, Lloyd Reed, Gale, Arion

Q2: Oscar and Kieran, I guess.

Q3: Sigurd, Diadora, Cuan, Ethlin, Greil, FE6!Hector, Uther, Fado, Ismaire

Q4: The one I can't remember for the life of me.

Q5: If they're good, Anna's House. If they're bad, Gheb's House.

Q6: Jeigans.

Edited by El Rey León