Arch's random short survey for FE fans.

Arch

Thank you to everyone who took the survey! All of your answers have really helped me in my idea gathering for this project concept. Currently Oscar and Kieran are in the lead by two over Kent and Sain for favorite cavalier duo. Still no really creative ideas on question #5 that jumped out at me though (which is probably the most important question on the survey, hint hint).

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a project idea and I'm doing some research as I put together plans for a hack when I finish Elibian Nights. I have a few questions I'd like FE fans to answer. It may seem like a dumb survey, but it's for a good cause! And of course your input is valued.

Q1: Name me five enemies you wish could be recruited (any FE game).

Those nice guys that seem like they should've been recruitable before IS ran out of room. Like Hetzel, Levail, Gale, Bryce, Brunya, and Selena. The nice guys who you feel bad killing. Oh also Fargus. Dunno why we couldn't use him.

Q2: Which is your favorite Cavalier duo? Cain and Abel, Alec and Noish, Kent and Sain, Lance and Alan, Kyle and Forde, or Oscar and Kieran.

I've only played FE11 so Cain and Abel seem pretty unremarkable to me, as do Lance and Alan. The FE7 and FE9 knights had interesting relationships which made them entertaining. Oscar/Kieran is probably my favorite with Kent/Sain in second.

Q3: Name any characters who canonically die that you can remember off the top of your head.

The blonde guy in FEDS, every boss, Ninian kind of, the Reed family, Pelleas kind of, Dheginsea, the six I listed earlier, Hector, Canas and his wife, Lyon, Myrrh's dad, Ike's mom, that dragonlord in FE8, Joshua's mom, Eirika/Ephraim's dad, pretty much everyone in FE8. And everyone's father.

Q4: Which FE boss is the most unmemorable?

Any of those bandit bosses with ugly mugs.

Q5: Where do you think FE characters go when they die? Be creative.

Inside the Alm staff. I don't know.

Q6: Think of a character that you typically use as cannon-fodder. State that character's name.

You mean like sending them to die? I don't use any characters in this way. The closest thing I do is stripping Orson of his weapons and using him as a magnet. He never dies though.

Edited by The Awesomest

Thank you to everyone who took the survey! All of your answers have really helped me in my idea gathering for this project concept. Currently Oscar and Kieran are in the lead by two over Kent and Sain for favorite cavalier duo. Still no really creative ideas on question #5 that jumped out at me though (which is probably the most important question on the survey, hint hint).

The problem with that question is that it's hard to imagine a unique afterlife when it seems fairly set in stone that most of the heroes of the past and supernatural elements in the games that deal with the afterlife are fairly set in stone. Most of the more unique answers you'll get are all going to deal with the fact that it's a game (i.e. oh, they disappear into my cartridge).

Eins (It had to be one of them, I don't even remember if they had boss music. Yuria beat them far too easily)

But FE5 Eins is memorable. Hes always

Leidric

!

Gale, Brendan, Selena, Homasa, Levail.

Q2: Which is your favorite Cavalier duo? Cain and Abel, Alec and Noish, Kent and Sain, Lance and Alan, Kyle and Forde, or Oscar and Kieran.

Favorite in terms of what?

Personality: Oscar and Kieran

Stats: Cain and Abel

Useful Support: Lance and Alan

Looks: Cain and Abel, again

Q3: Name any characters who canonically die that you can remember off the top of your head.

On whose side?

Whoever terrorized Merlinus in FE7.

The really good-looking guys go to my house. I let the rest wander the streets, in hopes that they'll make the news or something.

Q6: Think of a character that you typically use as cannon-fodder. State that character's name.

Macellan (sorry)

Still no really creative ideas on question #5 that jumped out at me though (which is probably the most important question on the survey, hint hint).

It's kind of hard to think up a totally new concept for life after death, all creativity is based on what one has experienced and seen. Not that any one here has died, but we all understand the concept of heaven/hell in one way or another.

Maybe something along the lines of 'davy jones locker', a sort of purgatory were souls are held but have free will to live and form new lives (like in FF2 Dawn of souls), though if they die... you become like the living dead or something... dunno just rambling now.

Edited by Superluigi

Elsthan, Ishtar, Trabant, Reinhart, Gale

Alec and Noish

Sigurd, Ethlin, Cuan, Tiltyu, Fury, Eltshan

The father of the guy that got pwned by Eltshan in chapter 1

Hard to find something creative... I'd say some kind of elyseum fields

Nanna in FE5 (I like using "vampiric" units to attract the ennemies) but I like the term "grave-bait" better

Did a bit more thinking on it and maybe a separate world where either:

Covered in chaos (the conceptual) opposite to Part 4 of RD

A world with the social darwinist view Ashnard had (survival of the fittest so to speak)

Or full blown anarchism

If there are no decent suggestions you could also wikipedia some of the mythologies see what they believed, as if you could create a God by hitting another God in the head then all of them can't believe in some sort of underworld.

Whoever terrorized Merlinus in FE7.

Puzon

Some random brigand from Fire Emblem 10, a theif from that chapter in FE10 where you get the first Thani (chapter 4? 5?), that mage dragon from FE11, that earth dragon from Fire Emblem Gaiden,

Oscar and Kieran for the win!

Hector, Leila, Greil, Fado, Sigurd, Eliwood, Glenn (asshole Valter)

Leeeeerooo- oh wait he's not a boss. In that case... probably Bug.

They go to Begnion and are reincarnated as horses.

Seth, really, just take his weapons off and whatnot, he just hogs experience.

>:{

Seth does not hog experience. He powertrips his game. There's a difference.

Now, if you don't use him because he's so overpowered, fine. FE8's easy as hell anyway. But calling him an experience hog, when he's the only one who really needs experience anyway? If it's the former, then just don't deploy the man.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

1°) Eltshan, Ishtar, Arion, Musar (the Tornado-wielding Mage Knight of FE4's Chapter 9), and Selena

2°) Alec and Noish

3°) Sigurd, Cuan, Ethlin, Leila (of FE7, not Leilia of FE4), Greil.

4°) Ummmmm... The boss guarding Silesia Castle after it's captured by Andre in Chapter 4 or FE4. Donovan, if I remember right.

5°) No idea and opinion on this, so I'll pass.

6°) Adan and Hannibal, when I want to manipulate RNG via the Arena, in both Generations of FE4.

Uhai, Nedata, Eltoshan, Alvis, Denning

Kent and Sain

I expect everyone else has listed these already

Kasatai (having gone through the list of all FE7-11 bosses, he was the one I least remembered - he's Ch. 21 of FE9). If mid-chapter bosses don't count, Callum of FE10's 3-4.

They live on in a parallel, spirit world. Many things can be used by them as 'spirits' or affected by them (such as making weapons and the like) but it does not affect the living world it's in. However, things in the living world affect them such as other people or objects. Rarely in the case of powerful spirits traversing the worlds (ergo, someone dying), the opening to the spirit world allows them to communicate to the living (think FE4's Life ring conversation). In rare cases, they may even be able to pass back into the world of the living. From the spirit world, if someone is killed, they are gone forever.

You asked for creative.

Cannon fodder? This is Fire Emblem, not some poxy strategy game! Oh, wait, FE11 exits. Matthis.

If he said Marcus or Titania or any of the other so-called "experience hogging" characters, you wouldn't have said that...!

Marcus, I would. Titania, never played PoR.

Marcus's a beast, man.

Maybe not the game-soloing part, but definitely not an experience hog.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I've got a project idea and I'm doing some research as I put together plans for a hack when I finish Elibian Nights. I have a few questions I'd like FE fans to answer. It may seem like a dumb survey, but it's for a good cause! And of course your input is valued.

1: Alvis, FE12 Hardin (loony version would be too broken though), Kleine, Eremiya, Zephiel.

Uncle Jan is an NPC, so he dosen't really count, but he'd go on the list if he did. I mean, there's no reason for him not to, and he's the only non-enemy Brigand in FE7

2: Kain and Abel

3: Sigurd, Cuan, Ethlin, Claude (stated in FE5), Orson, Hector, possibly Lucius, maybe Nino and whoever her husband was, Lorenz, Hardin, Boah, Arran (post game, but still).

(I'm only counting characters who are playable at at least one point here.

so technically all characters in the 2nd dowload chapter of FE12, except Katarina, count too

)

4°) Ummmmm... The boss guarding Silesia Castle after it's captured by Andre in Chapter 4 or FE4. Donovan, if I remember right.

Took the words right out of my mouth. It's a testimony to his forgetability that in my FE4 let's play, I had to edit the video description of that part later with his name because I forgot about him.

5: When using the Valkirie Staff in FE4, there's a wierd purple-ish background, with a list of dead characters names. Although that could easily be some form of limbo. (I mean, you normally use the staff immediatly after someone dies so...)

Still, I don't even want to think about the Jugdral version of Hell. Just look at the Hel animation in FE5... it scares the absolute crap out of me. (it shows a creepy semi-skeletal woman sitting on a pile of corpses, from what I remember) Since this is obviously based on Hel, the Norse goddess if the underworld (who has half her body normal, the other half a rotting corpse, yeah, creepy) I would immagine it has connections to Jugdral's afterlife.

Although, disigner's notes does mention that heroes in Jugdral become minor deities when they die, so I would immagine this is what happens to some of the 1st gen and most of the 2nd gen characters. (i.e. in future Jugdral, people would be worshipping Sigurd)

6: Zealot. That is all.

maybe Nino and whoever her husband was

Nino doesn't dies bounty hunters come after her so she runs away to protect her family, then her husband gives their kids to the orphanage and goes looking for her, unless her husband is Jaffar, then its the other way round.

Q1: Name me five enemies you wish could be recruited (any FE game). Glass (7), Selena (8), Gel (6), Harold (4) and Schaeffer (9).

Q2: Which is your favorite Cavalier duo? Cain and Abel, Alec and Noish, Kent and Sain, Lance and Alan, Kyle and Forde, or Oscar and Kieran. Sain & Kent.

Q3: Name any characters who canonically die that you can remember off the top of your head. Canas, Hector, Cuan & Ethlin, Sigurd, Greil.

Q4: Which FE boss is the most unmemorable? Wire (7).

Q5: Where do you think FE characters go when they die? Be creative. To FE heaven where all the souls of dead warriors roam.

Q6: Think of a character that you typically use as cannon-fodder. State that character's name. Amelia.

Alvis, Arion, Linus and Lloyd, and Harold.

Kent and Sain.

Sigurd, Dierdre, Ethlin, Cuan, most of the rest of FE4 Gen1, Hector, Canas, Elbert, Ninian, Karla.

Kudoka, one of the generic Nomad Trooper bosses in FE6 20x Sacae.

Not sure, but they can apparently be brought back (happens with a few characters in FE4, and FE7 Ninian).

FE5 Leaf. Just because he tanks ballistae like a boss. I don't typically use characters as cannon fodder, so...

Q1: Ishtar, Fargus (if he counts), Lloyd, Grigas, and Kannival.

Q2: Alec and Noish.

Q3: Ninian, Sigurd, Dierdre, and Lyon.

Q4: I forgot, that's how unmemorable he was. Saar?

Q5: Well, it depends. Some go to Heaven, others go to Hell.

Q6: Roger (FE11).

Selena (FE8), Eagler (FE7), Linus Reed (FE7), Lloyd Reed (FE7), Camus/Sirius (FE1/11)

Kent & Sain by far.

Hector, Murdock, Zephiel, Leila, Hardin, Canas, Karla, Elbert, Uther, Glen.

Uhh ... Dejanira

The history books.

Est

A1: Lloyd, Linus, Brendan, Zephiel, Idoun, Carlyle

A2: Lance and Alan

A3: Glen, Leila, Greil

A4: The guy of the eirika-route chapter where you recruit Cormag.

A5: Unemployment.

A6: Don't ever use someone as cannon-fodder ò.ô But if I had to choose someone, Oscar.

*No need to count me twice but...

Gale(FE6), Brunnya(FE6), Murdock(FE6), Levail(FE10), Ludveck(FE10)

Oscar and Kieran

Zephiel, Levail, Griel, Hector, Elbert, Fado, Lyon, Ninian

Pascal

To some sort of resting area where they still can train but can never enter into actual combat one earth(or wherever they're from) again

Orson

Edited by Dancer A

Q1: ELTOSHAN!!(ps, thanks for making that an option in your version of FE4); Reinhardt, Camus, Michalis, Ishtar

Q2: Able and Cain

Q3: Cuan, Ethlin, Sigurd, Eltoshan,

Q4: Random axe guy in the beginning of Tharcia

Q5: I believe that they probably have a heaven/hell system. First, they have churches in some of the games. Jugdral is probably the game that went most in depth with their afterlife concept. Celice can speak with the ghost of his parents, proving that there is at least some form of an afterlife there. Then, in the manga, Eltoshan mentions an idea of reincarnation to Lachesis, and how they will be together in their next lives (I took that to mean heaven). Either Cuan or Eltoshan also mentions drinking wine with the other in hell during their battle. So at least Jugdral has some form of afterlife. Not so sure about any of the other continents

Q6: Sety in the endgame of Tharcia. I just make him take on all the seven bosses while everyone else is just walking around