Which FE characters would you like to have a support with?

Frosty

Shin, Rath, Jaffar, Hawkeye, etc. Boring silent characters

Wait, does this only mean characters who say "....." a lot, or does it also include characters like Radd and Thomas, who never actually get any lines?

Edited by crashman_alpha

Which wind sucks? Fe9/10 Wind is kinda bad, I'll admit. Only hit and avo, and not even large amounts.

GBA Wind is good depending on the unit. It lacks def and avo, but that means it gives all the offensive stats and still gives cev. Atk, Accuracy (lots of units fail to even get to 90 hit without supports when using good weapons, especially in fe6), critical. And helps you avoid annoying things like enemy crits. In fe7 since your tactician stars give cev to all your units rather than just the ones with the same affinity (as it is for hit and avo) the cev from supports + the stars even lets you avoid crit from Berserkers and Luna and Swordmasters. Though admittedly some characters only need the stars.

Unless a unit is lacking in def or relies on avo to survive, wind is a great affinity in fe6 and 7. Not sure about 8. From what I've heard you probably don't really need the extra mt to 2HKO or the extra crit since if you ORKO anyway, who needs crit? Even the accuracy is probably not necessary if enemies are as pathetic as I'm told.

All debates and rating topics seem to dislike the wind affinity, basically because fire is superior in every way.

Avo > Cev is only true for units that rely on avoid. An extra 7 or 8 avoid on an Archer or some other character that rarely gets attacked, or on a character that has high def and low avo is not going to make any significant difference. The extra 7 or 8 cev might let them face a counter without worrying they'll die from it. For many characters, I vote Wind.

Granted units like Lyn and Matthew would probably have been better off with Fire. But that's just because their avo is high enough that an extra 7 or 8 avo will make a significant difference. (or +12 if they manage to get AB instead of just BC or A with someone really fast)

Other units that face ~55% hit rates or whatever don't see much benefit from dropping to 45% against. Sure, you will have to heal them a bit less often, but it's hardly reliable to count on them to dodge if they are facing more attacks than they can survive. I'd rather prevent the chance of them getting insta-blicked than have to heal them 4 or 5 times less over the course of the game. But then, I'm the type to recognize that 2 to 5 % crits happen and do my best to prevent them rather than whine and complain on a message board when my character dies due to a crit I should have seen coming. Seriously, take 5% crit. What do you think the chance of not being criticaled at least once over 10 attacks is? Or how about 20 attacks?

1 - .9510 = ~40% chance of taking a crit.

1 - .9520 = ~64% chance of taking a crit.

Over 20 attacks, you are more likely to face at least one crit rather than face none. And that's only 20 attacks. How many times do you think people take those 5% crits during the course of a game? And people have the gall to whine about the one time out of 50 it actually happens and kills someone because of it?

(Also, "in every way" is kinda funny. There are 4 bonuses from affinities in GBA games. Wind and Fire match on 3 of them. There is, in fact, only one way in which it is even possible for either to be superior. cev vs. avo.)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Ok, that makes sense. I didn't know that Wind gave critical avoid because stupid FE Wikia's page on Affinities completely forgot that critical evade was a bonus, which lead me to think that wind only gave 3 bonuses. My bad for using FE Wikia. :o

(It's useful for everything that's not affinities.)

Edited by Ken Zomg

Ok, that makes sense. I didn't know that Wind gave critical avoid because stupid FE Wikia's page on Affinities completely forgot that critical evade was a bonus, which lead me to think that wind only gave 3 bonuses. My bad for using FE Wikia. :o

(It's useful for everything that's not affinities.)

I just use this site. I'm under a contractual obligation to not look for FE information anywhere but here.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe7/support2.html

But yeah, avoid compared to nothing would be, while not quite a blow out, an easy win. Wind would never have an advantage.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Unless a unit is lacking in def or relies on avo to survive, wind is a great affinity in fe6 and 7. Not sure about 8. From what I've heard you probably don't really need the extra mt to 2HKO or the extra crit since if you ORKO anyway, who needs crit? Even the accuracy is probably not necessary if enemies are as pathetic as I'm told.

Enemies have non-existent crit in FE8, the only people who are ever worried about crits are like, Dozla and Knoll and Moulder who have shitty combat anyway. And maybe against Last Hope Swordmasters, but you'd warpskip that chapter anyway. Which brings up the interesting issue that FE8 is too short to build most supports in.

Wait, does this only mean characters who say "....." a lot, or does it also include characters like Radd and Thomas, who never actually get any lines?

Radd, at least, has a personality when he goes down. Tomas. . .why the hell do you think I listed him as a support option?

I'd probably have water affinity (just a guess though)

I'd like to support:

Fir(FE6): fire

A support bonuses*: attack+3, accuracy+7, avoid+7, defense+1, critical+7

Erk(FE7): thunder

A support bonuses*: attack+1, avoid+7, defense+3, critical+7, dodge+7

Artur(FE8): ice

A support bonuses*: attack+1, avoid+7, defense+3, critical+7, dodge+7

Nephenee(FE9): wind

A support bonuses*: attack+1, defense+1, accuracy+7, avoid+7

Brom(FE10)(as in: what if it had proper supports): water (?)

A support bonuses*: attack+3, defense+3

*FE10 style, sort of~

if I had paired ending with any of them:

Fir: Fir and he got married, and when Fir had her first daughter they started a school for young myrmidons.

Erk: every year he and Erk got together to test their strength. as of now, it's still a tie.

Artur: even though he never believed, every now and then he prayed to every god he had ever heard of that Artur and Lute may live happily ever after, together.

Nephenee: when he proposed to Nephenee, she turned him down. he still hopes maybe someday, she will say yes.

Brom: after the war ended, he started working at Brom's farm. Brom became like a second father for him.