Tutorials and the likes.

Vampire Elf

A nice easy place to find tutorials and spriting video's etc by me ;)

I seem to be making a few spriting video's lately and I quite enjoy it, I also know they can be a bit instructional, or provide insight into spriting, so I thought I'd post this old eraser re-colouring tutorial for ms paint.

On a side note, you can enlarge the eraser by holding down the control[ctrl] key and then also holding down the plus[+] key on your numberpad, this makes it possible to re-colour each shade in 1 click instead of rubbing the eraser back and forth.

tutorial.png

(Currently uploading a video version of this re-colouring style in action)

Spriting videos:

Splicing:

Custom work:

Edit work:

Edited by Vampire Elf

Cool! a Full custom vid! Id like another more basic one too. I really want to learn how to full custom. All the stuff i do is splicing. (all of it. Even when its not as obvious.)

EDIT: how about merging this with the existing sticky?

Edited by Florina

That tutorial topic doesn't even have the word tutorial in its title :|

I mainly meant this for my tutorials anyway and I wanted it separate from my actual sprite topic so that people can find it all in one easy place rather than search through pages.

I plan on having a few more spriting vids, as I said above I'm doing on of erasor re-coloring in action. I also plan on doing one particularly on how I sprite hair(On an FE9/10 Stefan Mug I'm making, I just want to finish everything but the hair first so that I can focus on that in the vid) and I've been considering doing some audio commentary, explaining what I do, as I do it.

Yeah, im all for commentary. Luckily i learned how to do the eraser coloring and its not only sped things up for me but also some of the quality of my sprites have gone up! HAIR TUTORIAL IS MOST WELCOME!!! :o

And then when there's someone who's both british and Australian it's just ridiculous.

I do know someone like this.

... On topic, this looks really helpful. Will probably refer back to this several times every time I try and fail to sprite edit and stuff, so thanks.

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

that was before i watched the video.

now: OMG VAMP I WANT TO ...RAPE HUG YOU. THANK YOU SO MUCH. SO MUCH. *dies*

YOU ARE NOW GOD. I AM MORE ATTRACTED TO THAT MUG THAN KAREL..

*shot*

ARGH! THANK YOU.

thank you.

Ironically i was listening Vincent's Theme I when I saw the video XD

and im sorry for the msn raping. but hey Nayr and someone else XD

Edited by TheReaper