Advice for FE4.

Darros

I just restarted Chapter 2, as I looked in the fortune shop and nearly everyone was in love with Aideen :S

And some of my characters were over/under leveled.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just restarted Chapter 2, as I looked in the fortune shop and nearly everyone was in love with Aideen :S

And some of my characters were over/under leveled.

You probably spent 50+ turns in each chapter, then, I'd guess.

I guess the best option for you now is to hurry getting Aideen to be in love with someone (Midir, Jamka, etc, your choice). It might do you some good to plan the pairings early in the game. You'll get another female characters soon (Ayra, Lachesis), so my advice is just hang in there a bit more.

As for underleved/overleveled, my guessing is Lex and Sigurd are the ones that're overleveled? Try to level up the weaker characters a bit in Arena (sometimes changing weapons works well for me in difficult rounds). If you're the type to spend lots of turns in each chapter, maybe try to do some extra healings for Aideen (so she can get some exp), cornering an enemy with some weak characters, etc etc while having the overleveled characters on standbye, or if things got worse, have them charge at the boss/powerful units.

Edited by kasumi

I guess the best option for you now is to hurry getting Aideen to be in love with someone (Midir, Jamka, etc, your choice). It might do you some good to plan the pairings early in the game. You'll get another female characters soon (Ayra, Lachesis), so my advice is just hang in there a bit more.

I already have Ayra, Im glueing her to Holyn.

As for underleved/overleveled, my guessing is Lex and Sigurd are the ones that're overleveled? Try to level up the weaker characters a bit in Arena (sometimes changing weapons works well for me in difficult rounds).

Also Cuan so that I have an easier time leveling Leaf and Altenna. (Ethlin is in the middle of my over-underleveled characters because healspam, even in the Prologue and first bit of C1 is useful)

If you're the type to spend lots of turns in each chapter, maybe try to do some extra healings for Aideen (so she can get some exp), cornering an enemy with some weak characters, etc etc while having the overleveled characters on standbye, or if things got worse, have them charge at the boss/powerful units.

I always say screw effeciency. On the time I reset Chapter two, Aideen was level 18. I don't really ever see non-fighting characters as overleveled because their main utility is staves.

All my characters get as far as they can in the arena initially, thanks to savestates, and after I capture a castle the ones who got good levels get to go again.

Sigurd and Jamka cleared it both times on their first try.

Also Cuan so that I have an easier time leveling Leaf and Altenna. (Ethlin is in the middle of my over-underleveled characters because healspam, even in the Prologue and first bit of C1 is useful)

Eh, I think stats don't really help for the children? Sure, they got some tidsy-bitsy boost of starting stats, but it wasn't that significant? For children, since you can't alter Leaf and Altenna's skills, probably you can do is to make sure to have both Cuan and Ethlin stocked with necessary weapons to pass down to the kids (at the very least, Light Sword for Leaf) before Chapter 3 ends.

I always say screw effeciency. On the time I reset Chapter two, Aideen was level 18. I don't really ever see non-fighting characters as overleveled because their main utility is staves.

All my characters get as far as they can in the arena initially, thanks to savestates, and after I capture a castle the ones who got good levels get to go again.

Sigurd and Jamka cleared it both times on their first try.

Spamming with Return Staff is the quickest way to spam exp for staff user. I think there's one chapter that will require you to teleport the majority of characters to base castle - I got my Aideen from level 10 to whopping level 20ish in this one chapter.

Jamka is easily one of the broken character early in the game simply because of his Killer Bow. Lex too, most of the times, because of the Hero Axe and huge defense. As I wrote above, sometimes changing weapons in Arena from stronger weapon to a lighter weapon does help. This is how I clear arena with Fury - initially she's a bit weak, even with Hero Lance (at least in my game), so sometimes I switch her weapon with Slim Lance that has fewer Might but much lighter that she survives most of the arena by dodging.

Edited by kasumi