Advice for FE4.

Darros

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of the +5 speed, and Prayer.

Well, the +5 speed might be nice but I have to say I never find myself saying "gee, I sure wish Nanna/Delmud had prayer right now". I have thought either "Gee, I wish Delmud had a better sword" in chapter 6 or "Well, I'm glad I have the Silver Blade and didn't have Delmud's father hold onto it" while in chapters 4 or 5, however.

I don't really see why people prefer Fin x Lachesis. It's a little better than Beowulf(Only like 30% more luck and loses/equal in every thing else), but forces you to glue Fin and Lachesis before he leaves in Ch.4. Beowulf, on the other hand adds more strength and easier to raise with a convo in Ch. 2 and Fin comes back in 2nd Gen with all his stuff.

Stat wise, in my game Prayer saves Delmud's ass tons of times - Prayer makes Delmud a much more durable unit (at least, in my game). Stickin Finn with Lachesis doesn't hinder Finn's leveling for me because I always stick him with a Elite Ring (and since he only needs it around 1 chapter).

Since I think Delmud won't ever match the broken units, Finn's probably the best father you can get for him...?

Other than that, I just like Finn x Lachesis storyline wise...

So update and a couple more questions.

I just finished Chapter 1 and did the ore Chapter 2 arena. Sigurd and Jamka both cleared it so I have Holyn now.

Midir is sucking beyond hell while Jamka roflstomps. Should I ditch Midir and pair Aideen with Jamka?

I've broken Lex and Sigurd, and kind of Cuan to the point of overpoweredness (Yes, Lex does have the Hero Axe). Should I stop letting them eat kills for a while?

And last question. Diadora: what do I use her for? Just chipping?

It's up to you if you wanna pair Jamka with Aideen, but I'll let the others talk about that.

I don't really know much about Diadora, she pretty much never gets there fast enough to even attack. I only use her to silence the boss with sleep staff.

Lex and Cuan are still good to feed kills, but Lex should be limited in kills since Elite keeps his level high enough through just chipping/arena battles. Try to give others like Fin kills if you can.

Give Midir Jamka's Killer Bow--he doesn't need it. It'll make Midir a lot more usable while Jamka is still quite good with Steel.

Around this point I mainly use Cuan, Sigurd and Lex as tanks since they're miles ahead of everyone else in durability and try to let other people get kills off the people they weaken. Enemies should be getting strong enough that those guys shouldn't be onerounding all or even most of them. If they somehow are, you should definitely give them a rest.

As far as Dierdre, she silences Sandima in Chapter 1 and Clement in Chapter 2. That is literally all you should use her for. I guess if you somehow get her in range to throw in an Aura chip, you could do that as well.

As far as Dierdre, she silences Sandima in Chapter 1 and Clement in Chapter 2. That is literally all you should use her for. I guess if you somehow get her in range to throw in an Aura chip, you could do that as well.

She also needs 20000 dollars to fix her 1-use left staff. Why must she start off poor :sob:

Forgot to mention that.

You should only need to use it twice total, so it's not a big deal. Even if you somehow use it too much and can't use it against Clement, it really doesn't matter. Just don't let Sigurd get slept because that'll eat up a bunch of time.

Actually, if you're unable to use it against Clement, send Lachesis's Paladins into his range. He'll sleep them and you won't have to worry about them for a few turns.

Edited by Silvercrow

But there's also a base stat worry here, and if Midir's in the toilet Lester won't be much better.

Actually, the bonuses to stats are based off how many points above class bases they are, not the stats you see. Sniper has better bases than Bow Knight (2 str, 4 skl, 4 spd), so even if Jamka looks a little better Midir may be a better father statistically as well.

Besides that, pursuit >> no pursuit. With the hero bow pulling 4 hits Lester can ORKO with amazingly bad stats. Any improvement from Jamka as a father don't mean much if he only gets 2 hits (or 1 with non-hero weapons).

And like others have said, give the Killer Bow to Midir pronto. It's about the only way he'll ever do decently in the arena or in normal battle. 5 AS faster, 30 more hit, and the critical skill to help out once in a blue moon (his skill is really low). Same mt as Steel Bow and it's not like Midir can wield Silver until promotion anyway. Jamka will kill stuff dead with steel anyway, trust me. And he gets Silver in chapter 3.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Im still on Chapter 2 and...

030.png

Axesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss [/massive favouritism]

Anyway, Lachesis died, but she got a few levels. I'm going to Valkyrie her next Chapter.

And why does Sylvia suck?

Is she like Dew and requires leveling to be good or does will she never be good?

Is she like Dew and requires leveling to be good or does will she never be good?

What.

Sylvia sucks? Sylvia sucks?!

That has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard regarding FE. Dude, Sylvia can refresh four units at once. Four. That's Reyson, but without a gauge. She doesn't need stats, she just needs a Leg Ring, and even then she's still immensely useful. Why are you worried about her stats? When did dancers ever need good stats?

I meant attack wise.

Feena is pretty amazing btw, in regards to your "when did dancers need stats" comment.

And yes she's been useful in dancing, but she's easily killed by EVERYTHING. And I don't shelter my units.

Hello? Canto calling for Spy? It's not hard to shield units in this game dude. You have tanks with Canto and a lot of the time, chokepoints. Sylvia may be frail, but the thing is, this is one reason why you give her the leg ring and/or knight ring. She can pace herself accordingly and canto can help her move back.

Honestly, you can easily shield Sylvia. In fact, I have more problems with people like Azel dying or Lachesis dying than Sylvia dying. Besides the fact Sylvia has Prayer and avoid stat. It's not something to rely on, but it is a perk to have.

Not shielding units is a bad idea. In this game, nearly everyone contributes in some fashion except useless fails like Dew and Arden. Why wouldn't you shield your units? It saves resets and people like Sigurd and Lex are durable enough to shield and you can still advance quickly as long as you're not being stupid.

I just have to shake my head here. Complaining about Sylvia's durability is like complaining rain makes you wet. It's a fact of life, you get around it pretty easily.

If you're really concerned about durability, sell her sword. It gives her a boost to evade against lance users.

Axes actually suck a big one in this game. The AS formula is different from other games(weight automatically lowers speed, so for example, Lex loses 12 speed from wielding the Hero axe and puts him at 6 AS) and axe users in this game already have bad speed, so not a good combo.

Don't use Lex too much. Elite+chipping/arena battles assures Lex at capping out, other units like your other cavaliers could need the EXP.

Also, it's pointless to have dozens of weapons on a character. Only have one for the arena(preferably an iron weapon, since their cheap to repair) and only use one weapon to kill enemies with(holy weapons and hero weapons).

Stat-wise, Sylvia will never be good, ever. But who cares? After I gave her the Leg Ring and the Knight Ring, she and Leen became the best units I've ever used in any Fire Emblem ever. NewYearsEmoticon.gif

Dew, on the other hand, will always suck, IMO. Thieves are so underwhelming in this game.

So update and a couple more questions.I just finished Chapter 1 and did the ore Chapter 2 arena. Sigurd and Jamka both cleared it so I have Holyn now.Midir is sucking beyond hell while Jamka roflstomps. Should I ditch Midir and pair Aideen with Jamka?I've broken Lex and Sigurd, and kind of Cuan to the point of overpoweredness (Yes, Lex does have the Hero Axe). Should I stop letting them eat kills for a while?And last question. Diadora: what do I use her for? Just chipping?<br />

Midir does lags behind Jamka a way lot, but as the many people said, Midir makes a pretty good father for Aideen's kids (especially Lester). Jamka still makes Lester good (as I do JamkaAideen to in my game) if you don't mind sacrificing Pursuit. Try to get Midir promoted to make a better use of him, I guess.

For Lex and Sigurd, if your other party members are underleveled much below them, stop getting kills for them. Instead, use them to weaken the enemies so the weaker units can get kills. Or you can just use them to charge ahead for the bosses.

As for Diadora...her suckiness is given. Just...let her stay in the castle (at least she's useful for giving Ethlin's the Light Sword.)

Sylvia is not designed for fighting, of course. Why bother put her in front lines to attack while you can make her refresh four units at once?

Dew is generally sucking early on, but if you can get him promoted he'll be much better unit. I never promote him though, since it's too much pain for me.

Edited by kasumi

Pursuit Ring on Lex? Ouch.

Just out of curiosity, does he ever actually double anyone? Even with your stats he's only got 5 AS with the lightest axe (Brave). I imagine if he actually did it'd be frightening, though.

I would really recommend giving that ring to Levin (or maybe Noish if he's actually looking decent), though. He'll make much better use of it than Lex who definitely does not need it anyway, as even without it Lex is still one of the best characters

Lex hit 4 times with Hero Axe against a lot of knights.

Noish is doing decent and I could give it to him, but I also may give it to Jamka.

Why the hell are you giving it to Jamka? He has Pursuit already. Unless you're planning to use it for inheritance (which I again shake my head at since we just explained why Midir>>Jamka as a father) but you have so many better options. Like Instant Holsety+Pursuit Ring.

I guess Lester might appreciate it, although he shouldn't really be holding onto it early on. Having Continue does make the Killer Bow even nastier, he'll get at least 3 hits in with Duel and Continue (if he has the pursuit ring). Accuracy and low skill are fixed by the Killer Bow and critical pops up once in a while to help one. I still prefer MidirxEdain, there's always someone else who could do with the Pursuit Ring. Plus, my Midir's tend to beat my Jamka's. It's just my luck.