Advice for FE4.

Darros

Well, I have a doubt, not that I should post it here, but why start a new topic with one single question?

I'm nearing the end of Gen 1 and I have a few items in the pawn shop, I was wondering if they will remain there in Gen 2 or if they'll be lost for me to recollect them once again in Gen2. I was wondering if there's a way to get them to be ready for use as soon as Gen 2 starts. Just wondering.

Also, Fin is easy to train. Just storm weak high-levelled bosses with all your units for a while. Doing this, Fin will be ready to promote by Chapter 2 end or Chapter 3 beginning. Also, I find it better to pair Lachesis with beowulf. More time, easier chance to get them together. Fin always ended up better than Beowulf in my rounds, so that's why I prefer to use him in Chapters 2 and 3.

Edited by Light Lord

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have a doubt, not that I should post it here, but why start a new topic with one single question?

I'm nearing the end of Gen 1 and I have a few items in the pawn shop, I was wondering if they will remain there in Gen 2 or if they'll be lost for me to recollect them once again in Gen2. I was wondering if there's a way to get them to be ready for use as soon as Gen 2 starts. Just wondering.

The items in the first gen pawn shop get deleted in the second generation, so, yes, you will have to find/buy your shit again. The exceptions are the pursuit ring and the knight ring, which don't have second gen equivalents. I didn't have to collect most my shit as I had everything I needed on crucial characters.

ITEM    	CHARACTER
Pursuit ring   	Ethlin
Elite ring   	Sigurd
Knight ring   	Levin
Return ring 1 	Sigurd
Return ring 2 	Holyn
Power ring 	Lex
Magic ring   	Azel
Skill ring  	Ira
Speed ring  	Cuan
Shield ring   	Fury
Barrier ring  	Levin
Silver sword 1 	Sigurd
Silver sword 2 	Lachesis
Hero sword 	Ira
Defender   	Ira
Thunder sword   Holyn
Wind sword   	Fury
Light brand   	Ethlin
Earth sword 	Lachesis
Hero lance    	Fury
Killer bow    	Midir
Silver bow 	Midir
Hero bow      	Midir
Elfire    	Azel
Elwind        	Levin
Physic        	Aideen
Warp      	Aideen
Gaebolg   	Cuan
Holsety  	Levin
Ichival      	Brigid

Also, if you need help with pairings, these were my planned pairings, and what actually happened(the planned pairings are what you should pay attention to):

FEMALE	PLANNED ACTUAL
Aideen 	Midir 	Midir
Ira   	Lex 	Lex
Lach    Fin     Fin
Fury 	Levin	Levin
Sylvia	Claude  Alec
Tiltyu  Azel 	Azel
Brigid	Holyn	Holyn

Also, Fin is easy to train. Just storm weak high-leveled bosses with all your units for a while. Doing this, Fin will be ready to promote by Chapter 2 end or Chapter 3 beginning. Also, I find it better to pair Lachesis with Beowulf. More time, easier chance to get them together. Fin always ended up better than Beowulf in my rounds, so that's why I prefer to use him in Chapters 2 and 3.

For me, I was able to get Fin promoted by the ass end of chapter 3 without any Elite ring access(I had to keep the Elite ring on Dew until his Ch4 promotion), especially since I had him get the kill on Shagall, as I needed him to get the silver blade because I paired him with Lachesis(IIRC, the two became 'bound to each other' 14 turns before I got to Silvail.)

Edited by DA125

For me, Finn is quite easy to train. He's pretty durable, only because he dodges a lot once his HP is near critical. Slap him with an Elite Ring if you can afford it - I manage to get him to Duke Knight before chapter 3 (he leaves my party in gen 1 at around level 25, making him pretty solid in a certain chapter in gen 2).

And yes, about the Hero Lance, if you do pair him (I do suggest pairing him with Lachesis, because I think prayer is pretty good skill for her kids...?), make sure to sell it before he leaves. If you missed selling it, I think you can still get the lance in chapter 8.

I do want to argue about AideenJamka though. This pairing is still pretty good, weapon wise (and with JamkaBrigidd in mind). JamkaBrigidd will result with Faval getting both Ichival and Hero Bow, which is a bit overkill. Lester definitely can do great in early chapters with Killer Bow and Hero Bow in tow, and his accuracy is actually decent, if not good.

Edited by kasumi

How does Dew x Briggid give more skill than the guy with Odo blood? Holyn has a 50+30% skill growth and Dew has 40%. Also, it's kinda hard to get Dew up to level 30 so chances are any advantage given by his growths will be canceled by the lower bases a unit must start out having.

Anyway, Faval doesn't have a lot of need for Bargain. Sure, Ichival is expensive, but the guy clears arenas with Steel and can generally use Silver to KO whatever you want dead out on maps. Ichival only comes into play on bosses (if you happen to wait for the 6 move guy to reach said bosses). Patty actually is a better argument for Dew x Briggid where bargain is concerned. It helps her in a couple of ways. First, she can easily buy random rings to help with her arena-ing. Second, as the money passer it would help if she didn't have to give all of her money every single time. So buy a 20000 ring and she gets to hold back 20000 from whichever unit she needs to give some money to. Then next castle she can sell it and has 20000 that the other unit probably didn't actually need and it would've just been wasting Patty's money. I've done this only once with Holyn!Patty because she really needed to keep some money but Leaf needed money for the Elite ring (or maybe it was Leen needed money for Leg). I lose money on the exchange, but it was necessary. I must've done that about 2 or 3 times with Dew in gen1 and last time I used Dew!Patty I probably did that about 4 times or something.

I still vote Holyn!Briggid because it gives Faval more skill earlier (Ichival only has 70 hit, and if I'm pulling that thing out it's because I need him to kill something so he'd better hit). The other benefits are nice, but I think that's one of my bigger reasons. Another is for Patty in the arena. Sure, Lex!Patty can Ambush every battle there and thus will eventually put something to sleep and slowly kill it if you just want to repeat over and over with 1hp. But Sleep Sword is ridiculously expensive to repair and Patty starts really weak. With an 8mt weapon and her low str she tends to do 1 or 2 damage to stuff for which she actually needs the sleep sword. Meaning she tends to break the thing when she needs to use it, or near enough. 15000 to win a battle. Or like 8000 to 10000 if she's doing 2 damage a shot to something with around 60 hp. If she needs to beat 3 or 4 guys then it really adds up. Sure, she can just repair the sword with the money she earns from winning the battle and that'll let her break it for cheap on the next guy, but this means that every arena she'll walk out with just 4000 (from winning the last battle) and you'll still have to repair the sleep sword for the next arena. Even Patty, who steals money with each attack outside the arena, will have problems if you do this. She certainly will have issues with handing out money to others.

But in 10 attacks she's bound to Moonlight once or twice and that will save a significant amount of money. Also, she'll probably need the sleep sword for less stuff. Some enemies will now be killed by Hero Sword. Also there is Moonlight to consider for helping her not to even need the sleep sword.

Azel!Patty may be better out on random enemies (16 base atk with magic and 55% growth), however she'll have major issues in the arena with her 5 base str and 35% str growth. If she could use the 2 range of the magic sword there it would be fine, but she can't. And that's assuming you pull off a level 30 Azel and level 30 Briggid. If you can't, she may have a 3 or 4 str base. And all she'll have is pursuit, no other skills to help. If you have passed down pursuit as much as possible (so like Lester has it, Delmud has it, Arthur has it (or he has holsety and doesn't need the ring for a while), then you can give Patty the Pursuit ring. If you want Leaf to have it you'll be without it from chapter 4 to chapter 6. Either that or he has to buy it, but he's better off buying Elite first anyway once he manages 40000. He does start with Continue and Critical. Might as well let Patty have it. Johalva/Johan may benefit once he gets to 40000, but at the very least she can start out chapter 7 with it and Johalva/Johan won't get to 40000 for a while anyway. Since he probably can't afford it at the start of chap 7, she'll at least have it for chapter 7 and the chapter 8 arena.

I dunno. FEAverages is probably wrong, then.

I personally have never had problems with Faval's hit. He tends to have pretty good skill in the first place, and I usually give him the skill ring, which even without it he'd be pulling hit rates in the 90s. I don't really see how it makes much of a difference anyways personally.

This is true.

The thing I like about it is ranged stealing so she doesn't even have to take damage. And she can possibly kill weak guys like this too. Not many other units can do the same. She gets so much money outside of the arena from this it doesn't hurt her much if at all.

Ill post my prologue run.

Tell me what I did wrong.

Arden dismounted and sold his sword, while Sigurd and his cavs did stuff.

cue Lex and Azels arrival.

Elite = :awesome:

Mounted = :awesome:

Axes = :awesome:

Lex = :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

But Azel had to kill steal.

Cue Ethlin and Cuan. Ethlin bought Ardens Iron Sword while Cuan killed shit. My entire gang clustered to Jungby, with Azel crawling along behind. Lack of rescue system is annoying.

Azel+Sigurd killed DiMaggio.

Cue Alvis, Sigurd ran like hell to talk to him, and got his win sword.

Cuan, Ethlin, Lex, and Fin killed everything else except the Evans castle boss, which Sigurd soloed.

Note: Ethlin healspammed the entire time.

Hint: Silver > Steel > Slim > Iron

Ethlin doesn't need the Iron Sword. And not really the Slim once she gets the Light Sword.

Oh.

Well at least its not major.

Ardens going to get no use of it, and Ethlin has money :/

I do want to argue about AideenJamka though. This pairing is still pretty good, weapon wise (and with JamkaBrigidd in mind). JamkaBrigidd will result with Faval getting both Ichival and Hero Bow, which is a bit overkill. Lester definitely can do great in early chapters with Killer Bow and Hero Bow in tow, and his accuracy is actually decent, if not good.

You can sell weapons and buy them in the pawn shop. If you pair Midir with Aideen then you simply get him to purchase the Killer Bow and the Silver Bow. Now Lester should have killer, silver, hero. Of course, midir must be promoted to use the silver bow, but Lester gets +1 bow rank from having minor Ulir (thank you aideen) and thus starts able to use it. Faval arrives with a new silver anyway.

the idea behind Midir as a father is so that instead of 2 attacks with hero or 1 attack with killer Lester instead gets 4 attacks with hero or 2 attacks with killer. It should be obvious how this can frequently come in handy. Pursuit vs no Pursuit. And don't tell me Pursuit Ring. Lots of units can benefit from that if you don't pass down pursuit so it's good to limit how many need it.

^ I see. I'll definitely try MidirAideen on my next playthrough then.. My first time playing gets me to pair JamkaAideen because unpromoted Midir is quite weak, not to mention he dodges rarely and has quite weak defense. Jamka on the other hand dodges 90% of the time, abuses Pursuit and Continue like it's nobody business and practically kills everything in his sight with his Killer. My Lester is still pretty good (though admittedly, not as good as Jamka).

^ I see. I'll definitely try MidirAideen on my next playthrough then.. My first time playing gets me to pair JamkaAideen because unpromoted Midir is quite weak, not to mention he dodges rarely and has quite weak defense. Jamka on the other hand dodges 90% of the time, abuses Pursuit and Continue like it's nobody business and practically kills everything in his sight with his Killer. My Lester is still pretty good (though admittedly, not as good as Jamka).

All that means nothing when Lester ain't doubling consistently. After experimenting so many times, AideenxMidir is the only pairing I do for her.

Oh, aside form move Jamka is definitely better than Midir. And if your playstyle doesn't involve mounted rushes then Jamka is unequivocally better than Midir. However, Midir is still a better father. Even if your Midir ends up at a lower level than your Jamka and thus Midir!Lester's bases are slightly lower, Midir!Lester will still be better than Jamka!Lester.

That's the power of pursuit. Or more importantly, having the pursuit ring available to put on someone else.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

I recently did a playthrough, and now I want to do another with better allocation of heritance. The problem is that I am not quiet sure who should get what.

The next playthrough, I plan on doing these pairings:

Aideen+Midir

Ayra+Lex

Lachesis+Azel

Fury+Levin

Briggid+Dew

Tiltyu+Claude

Slyvia+(anyone)

The only few things I know for sure are getting Fee that +5 strength, and Leen +3 movement.

Also, would anyone have any ideas on why my znes1.51 with this sites recommended translation patch ends up freezing on Verdane's segment in the epilogue? It's seems I can beat the game, but I will never know what my ranking is.

Edited by Eryth

I plan on doing these pairings:

Tiltyu+Claude

That's a horrible pairing really. Don't do it unless you don't plan on using her kids.

I didn't find Azel/Lachesis special, but that's just me. I should do that Claude/Lache pt someday.

You can just kill Sylvia after getting her defense sword if you wish.

Also, would anyone have any ideas on why my znes1.51 with this sites recommended translation patch ends up freezing on Verdane's segment in the epilogue? It's seems I can beat the game, but I will never know what my ranking is.

That's a patch issue, no matter what emulator you use.

Aideen+Midir

Ayra+Lex

Lachesis+Azel

Fury+Levin

Briggid+Dew

Tiltyu+Claude

Slyvia+(anyone)

Switch Levin and Claude. Holsety at chapter 5 is hax and Sety still is awesome. It also allows Fee to use some nice staffs once promoted. Tinny can also use elwind once promoted as well.

I'd also advise that unless you're really set on a Sety with Holsety. Claude doesn't have any skills so relying on Wrath alone might be a problem. Holsety means that Arthur'll be activating Critical and Continue enough not to need the Pursuit ring whilst Tinny could get it after Leaf is done with it. She also gets Tornado which is a bonus.

As for Sylvia, you haven't got too many options left really. AzelxSylvia works out quite nicely (I'm not too keen on pairing Lachesis with Azel - Fin was dandy though). There's also AlecxSylvia, the magic's not great but it's an easy pairing which gives Corple a little more durability as well as protecting him and Leen from critical hits and other nasty skills.

I'm on Chapter 5 and Sylvia and Levin are in love. Which is a problem because I wanted to do a LevinxTiltyu pairing. I considered killing her off, but I already used Claude's Valkyrie, and anyway, I'm worried Fury will fall in love with Levin. And I want her to fall in love with Claude.

What should I do? And is AlecxTiltyu a good alternative?

Well I always pair AideenxJamka and give the pursuit ring to Jamka... why does nobody think of doing this?

Nobody does it because AideenxMidir is simply better for the fact Pursuit is given to Lester for free meaning you can give the ring to someone else who can use it better, and Lester actually has a skill growth.

AlecxTiltyu isn't horrible aside from the lack of Magic. Arthur and Tinny both get pursuit, which is a plus. I'd advise Azel if you still have him free.

Well, this still never answered my question really, but I guess I will go with the recommanded run. I still have not done a lot of those pairing before. I'm bias towards having azel+lachesis for useful healer and combat unit with Nanna. And not pairing anyone with lex seems a waste not to use. Aira+Lex all the time.

Edited by Eryth