If Kyle excels in strength and Forde excels in speed and skill...

PROTIP: The colors have no bearing on stats. Never did. Original Cain had higher speed and skill growth than original Abel who in turn had better strength growth.

Isn't the Cain/Abel archetype more about personality than stats or even color? At least that is the only pattern with no real exceptions... even if in some cases the difference is merely the fact one has a personality and the other does not, like Alec/Noish.

Or just think of the Cain/Abel archetype as two cavaliers that work together, a green one and a red one, and forget about stats or personality. That makes it much easier. NewYearsEmoticon.gif

The archetype is nothing but Is putting the christmas cavs in like every game. There is no official definition of which "is" which because there is no true answer. All there really "is" to it is that one of them is red and the other is green. sometimes one is more rash and outgoing while the other is calm, one focuses on strength and the other on speed...and they generally join early. FE5 is weird because there is no duo of cavaliers. Just two Lance Knights that join somewhat early (but much later than any others) and have no personality whatsoever, and I don't recall them being red/green either.

FE5 is weird because there is no duo of cavaliers. Just two Lance Knights that join somewhat early (but much later than any others) and have no personality whatsoever, and I don't recall them being red/green either.

Alva and Kein are red and green, respectively. Kent and Sain followed their pattern, more or less.

Edited by Adon

The archetype is nothing but Is putting the christmas cavs in like every game. There is no official definition of which "is" which because there is no true answer. All there really "is" to it is that one of them is red and the other is green. sometimes one is more rash and outgoing while the other is calm, one focuses on strength and the other on speed...and they generally join early. FE5 is weird because there is no duo of cavaliers. Just two Lance Knights that join somewhat early (but much later than any others) and have no personality whatsoever, and I don't recall them being red/green either.

There's FE3 as well. Rody is green with brown hair, Cecile is red with pink hair, and Luke is blue with green hair. Unless you want to count Abel and Cain as the christmas knights for that game too. There's FE10 as well, but I guess Kieran and Geoffrey could be considered...

There's FE3 as well. Rody is green with brown hair, Cecile is red with pink hair, and Luke is blue with green hair. Unless you want to count Abel and Cain as the christmas knights for that game too. There's FE10 as well, but I guess Kieran and Geoffrey could be considered...

Or Titania and Oscar. Though neither is particularly rash and while Titania focuses on str they have similar speeds (despite Oscar's +10% growth and faster exp gains, his lower cap and same base make it not matter much). But they literally are red and green. Geoffrey is blue.

FE10, being a sequel with a large portion of its cast being repeats, doesn't really need to follow suit. It also strays further from other archetypes such as Jeigan, compared to other games.

The archetype didn't really take off until after Kaga left, anyways. You have Cain/Abel in number 1 (and 3) no duo in 2, no duo that fits in 3 (other than Cain/Abel, but...), one in 4, not really one in 5 (randomly appear and don't even fit the color thing very well at all) and then all of a sudden there's one in every game from 6-11 (although 9-10 are a little strange) and 12 is... debatable.

There's FE3 as well. Rody is green with brown hair, Cecile is red with pink hair, and Luke is blue with green hair. Unless you want to count Abel and Cain as the christmas knights for that game too.

Rody, Luke, and Cecil would be more stats, but they seem unique.

Cecil = Best bases, lowest growth.

Luke = Mid bases, mid growth.

Rody = Lowest bases, highest growth.

But all three are perfectly usable.

(FE3DS) I personally think that Cain and Frey are the Cain and Abel of that game as Abel starts off promoted and joins much later.

• 2 weeks later...

Or Titania and Oscar. Though neither is particularly rash and while Titania focuses on str they have similar speeds (despite Oscar's +10% growth and faster exp gains, his lower cap and same base make it not matter much). But they literally are red and green. Geoffrey is blue.

Titania is the Jeigan (or the Oifaye). Oscar and Kieran are the Cain and Abel despite one appearing later than the other. Kieran is HP/STR-based and Oscar is SPD/SKL based. Plus they have a similar history.

FE3 and 10 being sequels don't really count since like someone said, they use repeats and don't have to follow archetype conventions.

He isn't HP-based either. Oscar and him both have high HP bases with only a 5% of difference. If the 5% would actually be a big difference, people would consider Kent to be HP/Skill/Spd base only because he has +1 HP over Sain's base, and a +5% HP growth.

Now that you mention it, it's the same with speed, which just goes to show how much of an all-round failure Kent is compared to the Green Knight.

EDIT: Remembered that Kent has two points on Sain. I think. Whatever, it's not that significant an advantage over the Awesome Guy.

Edited by Grimsworth of Natal

It's actually funny that Kent's Spd isn't much of an advantage over Sain's Str, since by bases, Kent's only winning by one, and 5% in growth. Lol.

I would like expand what Furetchen said, by saying that he is right and mentioning the significant Spd difference between Alan and Lance.

Edited by Soul

Titania is the Jeigan (or the Oifaye). Oscar and Kieran are the Cain and Abel despite one appearing later than the other. Kieran is HP/STR-based and Oscar is SPD/SKL based. Plus they have a similar history.

In PoR he is which is what I was talking about since that's the game where Oscar and Kieran are Cain/Abel.

But you were responding to me talking about fe10. Titania is no Jeigan in fe10 and Kieran arrives beyond late in 3-11 compared to Oscar's 3-P. That's more than halfway through Oscar's existence, or exactly halfway if you consider 4-E to be 5 chapters. Titania is Red, Oscar is Green, though Titania beats him in nearly everything.

Yeah, I'm currently in the middle of a transfer run so I had PoR on the mind. I still don't believe FE10 has any archetypes since it is a sequel, so I don't fully agree with Titania and Oscar being Cain and Abel. I don't even think it has any true Jeigans despite many candidates.

Well, I wasn't saying they definitely were. Just responding to someone that said Kieran and Geoffrey could be it if you really wanted to claim there were a pair in fe10. I suggested that Titania and Oscar were more likely (than Kieran and Geoffrey), not that they are likely.