Round 21 SF Splicing Competition

AstraLunaSol

Myz's crest was disqualified due to it not being a "mug", not because it extended beyond some hackbox.

Actually, does anybody remember this?

3B3BO.gif

It was technically accepted in a mug competition.

But I actually didn't read some of those super long posts, so maybe I don't really have a right to be talking about anything and should just get back to spriting.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've said before, I don't agree with the "hackbox" limitation, so the "hornguy" from a few comps back was fine in my book. The monkey/horse is a bit excessive IMO (looks more custom then splice) but it's still fine as it technically is a "splice" (if you look at it closely).

My issue is with Spoons entry, which isn't a "mug" but "mugs" A rather poorly done one at that, but it's clearly just done for laughs

Regardless I don't participate in SF's splice comps often enough to complain or argue, so I'll just throw in an entry and piss off :/

8ydvzp.png

As I've said before, I don't agree with the "hackbox" limitation, so the "hornguy" from a few comps back was fine in my book. The monkey/horse is a bit excessive IMO (looks more custom then splice) but it's still fine as it technically is a "splice" (if you look at it closely).

My issue is with Spoons entry, which isn't a "mug" but "mugs" A rather poorly done one at that, but it's clearly just done for laughs

Regardless I don't participate in SF's splice comps often enough to complain or argue, so I'll just throw in an entry and piss off :/

8ydvzp.png

MUSTACHE!!! It looks like hes quivering his 'stache in indignation!

(also lol at literal mug by "numbers")

@kanami: I have a few videos on YouTube of me splicing things, if you watch them it might help you understand how oddly I use parts at times, I try to keep customing to a minimum and only use it to tidy parts(mainly hair shading) if they fit together a little messily.

The head-band section is oujay's collar flipped with parts of noahs far pad for the trim, then I put his collar trim on as an adornment.

The neck is geese's, spliced smaller, the side flaps are geese's collar.

The coat is geese's spliced smaller with spliced and recoloured lines from a few different places for the zig zag.

The hair comes from all 3 with a little editing to fit, I did more flipping and rotating than anything in the hair though :)

The face is oujay with geese's features, messed around with size and shape by splicing as well as splicing his mouth more girly.

Anything I've left out that you'd like me to explain?

@Nickt: yeh I guess it kinda does, I was going more for antlers than metal points, but I guess waq's were metal antlers or something.

Edited by Vampire Elf

It's sad hearing statements like this, considering you're bypassing all the entrants people have put considerable effort into making and just going for the quick minute rip for humour. :c

There's this wonderful thing called strikethroughs and I like to use them.

... I wanna use Geese's collar somehow for my entry... rrrrgh

Well I probably wouldn't finish it by deadline anyways. I'm slow at spriting :/

I would enter this one, but aaaaaaaahhh week before finals I AM ON FIRE.

And you like that, don't you? *sets Kiryn of fire*

Oh wait, wrong place. >__>

Same deal with me. Not that I'd enter anyway since I still don't consider my skills "competition worthy" yet.

Same here. >__<

Not that I'd enter anyway since I still don't consider my skills "competition worthy" yet.

Aww. Enter?

I entered the week I did my first splice, lol, though only because that week was swordmasterfest.

It helps you get better really fast.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

EDIT: Or Vamp can go Photobucket his sprite to make this post useless <_<

EDIT2: Wait, what? I could've sworn I hit "Edit" =/

EDIT3: Wow, that was fast ._.

Um, anyway, the headdress on Vamp's sprite doesn't make sense. How are the side things connected? ._.

Edited by 47948201