Lord of Azure Flame Chapter 22: The Hunt

Phoenix

Seeing that he wyvern did not maul him, Jr. took it as a sign that she was at least willing to let him draw a bit closer. "Hey there. That's a good girl." he cooed softly as he slowly took a step or two closer, keeping his hand outstretched so that she could smell him. Get used to his scent. See that he was not a threat. One. Two. Three steps closer and suddenly he could feel the breath from her muzzle condensing upon his fingertips. He had to be careful now. If she disapproved, she could snap out at him, and his only hope would be to quickly draw his hand back.

---

Mana moved throughout the castle with swift grace, despite her being lost. Following currents of air, their invisible twining and motions that she had not even let Ixion see, she soon found herself outside the door to where the man was at. She didn't wait to see if he was in the middle of a conversation. This was something more important than that. A gust of elemental wind slid about the door, lifting the latch and opening it without Mana touching the frame. She strode in, still clad in the nightgown, but covered decently by a thin dress woven of magic.

"Ixion!" she exclaimed, a mix of wariness and fear in her eyes. "We, I, have a problem. What are your plans with Damian. What have you uncovered?"

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Let's give the shield to Conrad. He could use the extra protection and is the most reliable choice." Morgan replied to Lev.

"I can make light as well." Charlotte replied to Kelas. "Perhaps the people were just hiding in their homes or something? It might not be as bad as some people think." she offered hopefully.

The Parakeet Maneuver

While Irina tried to reach the two quickly, Henry Jr's small hand came a bit too close to the pink wyvern for her comfort. She immediately hissed and pulled her head back leaving her body completely stationary. Moving her head to the left she eyed the boy and his hand suspiciously. What did he want? Was he trying to pet her like her beloved human used to do? She made sure to keep her constantly weaving head at least a foot away from the boy's hand. Irina quickly arrived and sighed in relief that the wyvern was only being defensive and not overreacting.

Irina: You're that boy from before, aren't you? What are you doing here? Where's your mother?

Problems

As if things weren't odd enough, Mana quickly arrived demanding Ixion's attention. Turning to face her while Miranda watched petting her new pet, he replied.

Ixion: Curing Damian of his problem is ... simply a matter of time at this point. A combination of two practices will give him control over the Gae-Borg.

Piping up, Miranda quickly interjected.

Miranda: Oh! What's your problem? Curious.

Ixion's eyes glanced back in her direction. She really ought to have stayed out of the conversation he thought to himself.

Shields

Lev: Conrad then. Alright, I'll get him familiar with the things on our way over there. Also, after the battle is over I need to go look for Tas and make sure he's alright. ... and lastly ... that kid that was with the priestess just showed up. Irina seems to be dealing with it but I really suggest a noncombatant deal with things like these. We're going to need all the fighters we can get if Helenos is actually in Altenau.

Suddenly Adam walked over inserting himself right into the conversation.

Adam: Who's Helenos, again?

Lev: A Dragon Bitch according to Irina.

Adam: Did she attack my town?

Lev: I'll ... leave you two to sort that out. I need to get ready.

Pulling himself out of the conversation, Lev ventured back over to Krinkov and the eggs. Adam stood there thinking about his home and wondering if Joe had had any luck in rescuing people. Suddenly he didn't want to think about it, but still. Answers.

Adam: What is this Helenos capable of?

Niket was still guarding the eggs, even though for the majority of the night he had been guarding them while sleeping. He found that he had been moved from atop the eggs, however, when he awoke. Instead he was resting atop several blankets covering the eggs' original bundle. What had happened? He was still on the big red wyvern's back and the pink wyvern was being caucious about...the little human from before. He thought about growling, but decided against it. His energy was low today. He couldn't smell the familliar human or the bigger wyvern like him. There was no sign that they had ever been in this particular place. Perhaps they had left? Well, Niket could see and smell the Irina so he knew he would still get attention, warmth and food, so the other two being gone wasn't too bad. For now he just wanted to sleep some more. And eat, but there wasn't any food available. So, sleep. And sleep he did.

"I hope you're right, Charlotte, but I'm not counting on it," Kelas replied. "I didn't get too close, but it looked pretty grim. We may have some trouble getting the mounts in too; Amari wouldn't go any closer than a hundred yards, and while she'll probably be better with more people around, some of the others might not. Waiting definitely won't improve our chances-- come on, you lot!" she added to those who were still asleep.

In a little while, the group was up and ready to move out. At a steady trot, the few miles to Altenau was covered in less than an hour, and the empty streets came into view.

"All right, lights on," Kelas called, lighting her own lantern. Concentrating, Arrin set sparks flickering around the outside of the carriage, lighting it up and providing a little bit of a barrier. He lowered the energy a little when he realized that he'd spooked the horses. He could keep this up for a while if he had to, but hopefully it wouldn't be long until they got out or found what they were looking for. "The hell happened here?" Kelas muttered as they started into the city limits.

----------------------------------

Tanair sat up on her hillside, waiting for some sign of Helenos' movements. So far as she knew, once the city had been taken Helenos hadn't actually done anything of note. A few humans had come; some were eaten, some escaped, none were of note. This group approaching, though... she'd met them before; they'd woke her up. They had power, she knew, and they were fighting Helenos. With interest she tracked their progress, moving a bit closer as they neared the city. Perhaps they would give her an opportunity.

"I don't like this..." Beau muttered, looking about the ominous city, "It isn't just the lack of people, either... Something feels incedably wrong."

Luc Altair

"If this," Luc looked around, "is a trap, we don't have the capability of searching everywhere. Smart." This was a tactical nightmare. Any lesser-kin could easily erode the group's strength before a heavy confrontation.

The Fargo

"Oh man, this is so creepy. Where is everyone?"

A Paul

Oh, oh! Man, this brought back memories. Towns, completely abandoned. Not a soul in sight. The good old days back before the demons when he was doing what he loved. And also the bad old days during the demons and them stealing his thunder. Dang conflicting things! Oh well, it was time to work. Not reminisce.

Paul leapt out of his bag and unto the roofs before dashing further in. Time to do a little cleaning.

Late

Jasmine hurried across the plains flying rather high so she could see where the group was, but didn't find them at the camp.

Jasmine: Right, they must have moved up. I'll follow this route to Altenau.

With that, she flew off toward Altenau, not knowing what to expect.

Altenau

The city seemed entirely empty save for whatever was lurking within the buildings. As the group had made their way into the city, Krinkov and the pink wyvern began snarling furiously. Krinkov looked left, right, up and down. No matter where he looked, he sensed enemies. They were already surrounded it seemed, but the enemy remained out of site, all them. There must have been hundreds.

Lev: Easy.

Lev tried to reassure his wyvern while looking down at Niket and the eggs.

Lev: Dammit. I wish Jasmine was here. I may have to fight on foot. If that happens, Krin, I want you to keep him and the eggs safe.

The wyvern pieced together the correct meaning and grimaced as only a wyvern could. He didn't mind guard duty, but letting his master fight on foot was a bad idea given the danger. Meanwhile Irina tried to stop Kiev from shaking nervously. Viveka was having serious troubles as well. Susann was anything but calm. In fact the pegasus was trembling, stumbling with nearly every step, and quickly jerking left and right in reaction to the distant movements of the enemy.

Things. There were things EVERYWHERE. They were doomed. They had ventured straight into the jaws of hell itself and were doomed. What could they possibly do now?! She didn't want to die! Not like this. As if to confirm the pegasus' overwhelming fears, loud cries and shrieks began to cut through the air. Then the enemy finally began to appear. Directly in front of the group, far down the street, two large beasts with scythes for arms began stomping toward them at a steady pace followed and flanked by massive hordes of liches. Behind the group, cracks began to appear and gigantic spikes shot up out of the ground blockading the entrance. All the entrances to the city were soon blocked off in like manner!

Viveka: Uh oh. (So this is how we take initiative? Just walk straight into traps? ... duly noted. It's been nice being alive.) Sunny, calm down! We'll be okay! (I ... really wish I could believe that.)

With the entrances blocked, the hordes emerged. Nearing three hundred in number, the group was visibly surrounded on all sides. Even the rooftops crawled with liches and small animals like dogs and cats that had been infected.

Lev: Shiiit. There's way too many! We're not getting out of these.

Adam: No ... all the people ... NOOOO!!!

Even further down the road, the mayor's mansion came crumbling down into ruin as Helenos emerged in her dragon form flying high above the city! Adam let out a loud scream and his horse reared up throwing him to the ground where he swiftly hid behind the next person. Helenos came crashing down on a nearby rooftop snarling at them all. Iso gave her a curious look. Not only did he feel the presence of a crimson weapon coming from her, but he also saw ... something, a person perhaps, crammed into her chest. Who was that?

Helenos: Behold ... as this was their grave, so too shall it be yours. You will give the crimson weapons to me. ALL OF THEM.

Over the city, a small eagle kept his blue eyes on the scene watching everything as it unfolded. Helenos had the wielders at an enormous disadvantage, and they were sure to be quickly overpowered.

Helenos: I hope you've enjoyed your short little lives, humans ... heheheehaaaaah. Huh? (What is this awful feeling?)

Looking away from the group she spotted the eagle in the sky. Suddenly most of the hordes stopped in their tracks before ever reaching the party, the ground began to shake.

Helenos: N-no ... not again. YOU!!!

She quickly sent up a spike out of the ground up at the eagle but the spike was engulfed in an azure flame and reduced to nothing long before it reached the bird. Suddenly the hordes began to turn on each other, leaving Helenos gasped! She tried to instruct them to stop, but half of them were dead in moments. Both the carnifexes had impaled each other multiple times and were already dead. Within a few moments, the army she had brought to bare against the party was almost nothing.

As the eagle continued to soar, its eyes lit up like stars, and a single blue flame fell from its form landing on a nearby rooftop. The flame quickly set the roof on fire, and it began to spread. Helenos grimaced. Her plan had been tampered with yet again, but the wielders were right there. The Lord of Azure Flame couldn't stop her directly ... so she still had a chance. Leaping from the building and landing on the ground in front of the party, she assembled the remaining forces that hadn't killed each other off as Altenau began to burn, each roof setting another ablaze. It wouldn't be long before the entire city was destroyed.

Helenos: Once I have those weapons ... grrrrrr .... GIVE ME THOSE WEAPONS!!!

Adam looked up to see Edwards attached to Helenos' body. Not sure what to do, he stood there trembling. Helenos was using hostages as shields?

As Jasmine arrived, she saw flames beginning to spread over the buildings in as unnatural a way as she could imagine. Shaking it off she flew down hoping to help however she could. With her forces assembled, she prepared to assault the party. Some of those remaining were still living hostages trapped in Helenos' rot armor, each carried an embedded weapon. Each was simply a local of Altenau. Some were crying aloud pleading for the party to leave, others were begging for help. As the party prepared to engage Helenos, two massive tendrils sprang up out of the ground whipping around violently and ready to do battle as well.

Helenos: (Just in case ....)

BATTLE START

Helenos (10/20)

HP:9 Str:12 Mag:12 Skl:6 Spd:6 Lck:-2 Def:7 Res:7

Simplified: Hp:27 Damage:12 Hit:6 AS:6 Evade:4 Def:9 Res:9

Edwards: HP:6 Str:0 Mag:0 Skl:0 Spd:0 Lck:0 Def:7 Res:7

Simplified: Hp:18 Damage:0 Hit:0 AS:0 Evade:0 Def:9 Res:9

Skills:

Hell Wave: An area attack that targets all enemies. Uses only half Mag.

Human Shield: Every other phase, all enemy attacks on Helenos are routed to Edwards. Attacks on Edwards only grant 5 exp, and Helenos still counters.

(HOSTILE: WILL ALWAYS ATTACK ON ENEMY PHASE)

Tendril Guards x2 (7/15)

HP:5 Str:6 Mag:0 Skl:6 Spd:5 Lck:-10 Def:6 Res:6

Simplified: Hp:15 Damage:6 Hit: 6 AS:5 Evade:0 Def:8 Res:8

Skills:

Arrow Assault: Attack poisons target. Target loses 3 hp per phase for three phases.

Arrow Storm: An area attack that targets all enemies. Targets hit are poisoned losing 3 hp per phase for three phases. Attack uses only half of Str.

(PASSIVE: WILL ONLY ATTACK ON ENEMY PHASE IF ALL SHIELDS ARE GONE)

Lich x6 (5/10)

HP:4 Str: 4 Mag:0 Skl:4 Spd:5 Lck:2 Def:6 Res:4

Simplified: Hp:12 Damage:4 Hit:4 AS:5 Evade:6 Def:8 Res:5

Skills:

Restore: If an enemy is KO'd, hp is fully restored.

Lich Hounds x4 (5/10)

HP:3 Str:6 Mag:0 Skl:4 Spd:6 Lck: 2 Def:3 Res:3

Simplified: Hp:9 Damage:6 Hit:4 AS:6 Evade:7 Def:4 Res:4

Skills:

Vantage: During one round of combat in which you are counterattacking, you may attack first with one counter. If you can double your opponent, you can do so before their counter.

Restore: If an enemy is KO'd, hp is fully restored.

Hostage x4 (5/10)

HP:3 Str: 6 Mag:0 Skl:6 Spd:4 Lck:4 Def:5 Res:2

Simplified: Hp:9 Damage:6 Hit: 6 AS:6 Evade:6 Def:6 Res:2

(HOSTILE: WILL ALWAYS ATTACK ON ENEMY PHASE)

Levski (Ally)

HP: 24 Damage: 0 Hit: 0+1 Evade: 5 Defense: 9+1+5 Resistance: 1+5

Skills:

Vantage: (Inactive while shield wielding)

Thick Hide: (Inactive while on foot)

Shield Wielder: Cannot attack, but the party is immune to area attacks while the wielder is active.

NOTES: Reika can rebind her daggers mid-fight if desired, though she'll have to forgo her battle post to do so.

PLAYER PHASE

Edited by Phoenix

Heinz:

Heinz blinked irritably at the flash of light in his eyes, pausing for a second when he heard a loud thump to the side. "Didn't know the military showed such mercy compared to nomads," he muttered quietly under his breath, tying up the priest in the meanwhile. Letting the cavalier drag him into the tent, the mercenary leaned back against the tree and caught an hour or two of rest before being woken up for the third watch. Peering out into the distance, Heinz listened for anything out of place. Wish he would stop grumbling to himself, but at least he's not too loud about it. Taking a knife from his belt, Heinz flipped it from side to side idly, taking care to direct the flash at the ground.

Sighing as the sun came up over the horizon, Heinz placed the knife back in his belt and stretched his arms, standing up. Hearing another ruckus near the tents, Heinz picked up his saddlebags. "Doesn't seem like they're cooking anything yet," opening a strap and rummaging around for food inside. Seeing the nomad come galloping back into camp, the mercenary smirked slightly.

"Fog eh? Shouldn't be too difficult," he spoke wryly, refastening his saddlebags to Ralf. The horse nibbled at his fingers, trying to steal the food Heinz was holding. "You're a strange one," he commented, feeding him a few slices of apple before mounting and following the rest of the group.

Conrad:

Letting the group settle their squabbles on their own, the general slept through the night, waking up only a few minutes before Kelas sounded the alarm. Speaking to Lev on their way towards Altenau, the general negotiated the issue of shields. "I'd prefer to deal with Helenos myself, if possible. I trust that you can handle the shields on your own, but if you are knocked out, I'll cover for the party," speaking curtly as they drew closer to the deserted town.

Luc Altair

They had been completely and utterly trapped. If there was any sense of unity or tactical thinking in the group, perhaps they had a chance to hold out. But that didn't matter, as some foul civil tear caused the creatures to turn upon each other. Whatever sick fortune this was, Luc would take it. Luc struck out at the closest of the encroaching horrors and ran right over it. He himself nor Thunder suffered no wounds, but they were out of position now. Luc yanked on his reigns and commanded his steed back, missing an excellent chance to follow up on his blow. But this would not be a battle of aggression.

A Paul

And here he was hoping to have a little fun. He had only started in on his first kill when things just went to hell in a hand basket. Oh well. Watching was fun.

Luc stat shifts 2 Res to 2 Def. (2 Res, 8 Def.)

Luc has 15/15 HP.

Luc attacks Lich A.

(Luc rolls 4,4,3)

Luc attacks and deals 3 damage. ((4Roll+5Str-8Def) = 1 Damage.)

Lich A has 11/12 HP.

(Lich A rolls 5,2,5)

Lich A deals 0 damage. ((2Roll+4Str-8Def) = 0 Damage)

Luc has 15/15 HP.

(Lich A has 11/12 HP.)

Luc earns 5 EXP.

Edited by Script

Round 1

Almost immediately upon entering the town, Derek knew he'd have to get off Ann. He needed his mobility more than ever here, and as he bade his mare to back away, the man was accosted by a lich hound. The cavalier deflected the blow with his shield, and wounded the creature with an uppercut, sending it hurtling a few distance.

At the same time, Alex tossed her greatspear, goring the monster to the side of a building with expertise. Almost instantaneously, the halberdier ran to retrieve the weapon, removing it with a disgusting squish.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817793/

Derek VS Lich Hound

Vantage!

[1,3,5] = 5-6 = Miss!

[4,2,3] = Hit! 8-4 = 4 points of damage!

Derek gains 5 EXP.

Derek 15/15

Lich Hound Alpha 5/9

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817802/

Alex VS Lich Hound

Pierce! -6 RES -> Enemy DEF -3 (Now 1)

[5,2,1] = Hit! 7-1 = 6 points of damage! Lich Hound is defeated!

Alex gains 10 EXP

Alex 12/12 HP

Lich Hound Alpha 0/9 HP

OOC: Editing in flavor.

Edit: Added flavor.

Edited by Snike

Keeping his distance a bit, Alferis tossed his tomahawk at one of the beings with tendrils coming out of it. It hit, but two tendrils came towards him and struck him.

Link to Combat: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817804/ and http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817858/

(Ignore second roll on second link).

Alferis:(1,4,5). Hit! 4+7-1-6= 4 damage! Tendril Guard 1 12/15 HP

Tendril Guard 1: (1,3,3). Hit! Critical! 3+6-4= 5x2= 10 damage! Alf 2/12 HP.

Alferis gains 7 exp!

Reika meanwhile had dashed forward and drawing her knife, stabbed it into the hound.

Link to Combat: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817826/

Lich Hound 1 (5,5,2) Miss!

Reika (6,5,1) Hit! 5+3-1-4= 3 damage! Lich Hound 1 6/9 HP

Reika gains 5 exp!

Edited by Dark Sage

"Well that was fast," Kelas growled. "<Gods, remove this creature from this world!>" she shouted, bringing her bow up. She'd been ready for the undead; on the way, she'd been converting some of her arrow tips for fire arrows. She lit one and took aim for the dragon: if they could damage the leader right away, the others should be easier to deal with.

(5,2,1) Hit! Kelas does 1 damage!

"Dammit!" She wheeled Amari to the side as Helenos' tail swung round to meet her. She'd underestimated the dragon's size and ability to close distance.

(3,2,3) Hit! Helenos does 8 damage!

"Gah!" Kelas fell from the saddle, and Amari stumbled, but Kelas was on her feet in a moment, lighting another arrow. She slapped Amari on the rump, ordering the mare to flee. Amari limped back behind the front of the group; she couldn't leave Kelas, but her leg hurt, she couldn't put weight on it. She was useless for the moment, unless one of the staff-humans helped her.

-----------------------------------------------

Arrin noticed something else first. "Those-- those are people, they're still alive, that's terrible!" he exclaimed. He stumbled from the carriage and readied Daranau for an attack, sending lightning crackling towards Helenos. "You monster!"

(5,2,5) Hit! Arrin does 3 damage! Arrin loses 1 HP!

Helenos' tail lashed toward him, catching him in the stomach.

(2,4,5) Hit! Helenos does 12 damage! Arrin KO'd!

Miracle activates! Arrin 1/12

(1,2,2) Miss!

Arrin's fall saved him from the return lash. He pushed himself up to a sitting position, putting away Daranau: he wouldn't be able to survive using it at this rate.

Kelas 7/15 Arrin 1/12 Kelas +10EXP Arrin +10EXP

Helenos 23/27

Edited in fluff

Edited by Kiryn

Morgan attacked a hostage (6,3,4) 11-2=9 damage. The hostage distengrated instantly. (Morgan 11/12)

Tristan attacked a lich hound (1,3,4), but missed, the hound also missed (1,3,5).

Charlotte healed Alex Alex 12/12

Esphyr has 9/9 HP

Esphyr Attack Lich 4: 3, 1, 1. Arcanium active. (8 hit vs. 6 evade) Hit! Critical! Esphyr deals 4 damage to Lich (targeting RES). Lich has 8/12

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817792/

Lich counter 5, 4, 4. Hit! Critical! Lich deals 12 damage to Esphyr

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817815/

Esphyr has 0/9 HP left.

Altion attacks Lick 4: 4, 3, 3 Hit! Critical! Altion deals 2 damage to Lich 4

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817828/

Lich 4 counters! 3, 6, 4 Hit for 6 damage.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817841/

Lick has 6/12

Esphyr 3/9

Altion 6/12

Edited by Snowy_One

"Fantastic," muttered Beau. He felt like he'd swallowed an earthquake, but now more than ever this seemingly suicidal group needed their staff-wielders. That included him. Leaving the carrage to get a better view, Beau searched for those who could benefit from his staffwork. Arrin's sister was the first to catch his attention since Arrin fell nearby. (She will look after him; that's what siblings do, isn't it? If that is the case, then I must look after her so she can protect him.) His staff of choice was his physic staff since using the carrage for cover always served him well in their previous battles -- as few as he knew they were. It was still a sound strategy.

Beau heals Kelas for +6HP

Kelas 13/15

Beau 9/9

Beau +8 exp

Edit: fixed Kelas HP

Edited by Mercakete

Conrad:

General Jackson took quick note of where the wyvern lord was before charging into battle on Thunderbolt. Swinging his silver axe in an arc, the lich ducked just barely under the blow(-0 dmg), flailing wildly at the man in return. (-2 dmg) Link

Double.

Heinz:

Some of them might find it difficult to kill the townspeople, remembering what the shaman had said. With that in mind, Heinz threw two knives at the nearest rot enwrapped human. (-3 dmg) (-1 dmg). The villager screamed as he was hit, pleading with his eyes even as he lunged forward to attack. (-6 dmg). Link "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please understand...." he begged.

Conrad: 13/15 HP (+5 exp)

Lich: 12/12 HP

Heinz: 6/12 HP (+5 exp)

Hostage: 5/9 HP

Edit: 9-4≠4

Edited by the_whistler

Hostage B attacks Morgan. Rolls 6,3,1

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817876/

HIT 12 vs Evade 6 = HIT

DMG 9 vs DEF 4 = -5 HP

Morgan 6/12

Hostage C attacks Kelas. Rolls 3,3,3

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817881/

HIT 9 vs Evade 8 = CRITICAL HIT

DMG 9 vs DEF 5 = -8 HP

Kelas 5/15

Hostage D attacks Arrin. Rolls 2,2,1

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817885

HIT 8 vs Evade 7 = HIT

DMG 8 vs DEF 4 = -4 HP

Arrin 0/12

Helenos attacks Reika. Rolls 2,1,4

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817888/

HIT 8 vs Evade 10 = MISS

PLAYER PHASE

Iso Attacks Lich. Rolls 6,2,6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817890/

HIT 12 vs Evade 6 = HIT

DMG 10 vs RES 4 = -6 hp

Lich rolls 2,6,1

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817894/

HIT 8 vs Evade 6 = HIT

DMG 12 vs DEF 2 = -10 HP

Iso 2/12

Lich B 7/12

+5 exp

Irina attacks Helenos. Rolls 3,5,6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817905/

HIT 8 vs Evade 4 = HIT

DMG 13 vs DEF 7 = -6 hp

Helenos rolls 6,3,4

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817918/

HIT 12 vs Evade 5 = HIT

DMG 15 vs DEF 10(TH)= - 5 hp

Helenos 23/27

Edwards 16/18

Irina 13/18

+5 exp

Suddenly Jasmine arrived handing Viv her armor. She didn't like the color and it was rather heavy on her, but it would have to do for now.

Edited by Phoenix

Luc Altair

But even with the numbers so cut apart, this was difficult. Thunder's hooves had done nothing more than afflict the wretched thing with scratches. And though Luc had evaded any damage from the thing, it would be foolish to believe that would always happened. And, Luc looked around, the demon-dragon was using hostages as shields. If they could attack Helenos, they might save them. But how many could be convinced to endanger their own lives for another?

Luc stat shifts 2 Res to 2 Def. (2 Res, 8 Def.)

Luc has 15/15 HP.

Luc attacks Lich A.

(Luc rolls 5,6,1)

Luc attacks and deals 3 damage. ((6Roll+5Str-8Def) = 3 Damage.)

Lich A has 8/12 HP.

Adept Activates!

(Luc rolls 6,3,6)

Luc attacks and deals 3 damage. ((3Roll+5Str-8Def) = 0 Damage.)

Lich A has 8/12 HP.

(Lich A rolls 3,3,4)

Lich A deals 0 damage. ((3Roll+4Str-8Def) = 0 Damage)

Luc has 15/15 HP.

(Lich A has 8/12 HP.)

Luc earns 5 EXP.

Edited by Script

Realizing the situation they were in and how much danger his friends were in, Alf took in a deep breath and charged at the dragon.

"C'MON YOU BASTARDS! TAKE A SHOT AT ME RIGHT IN THE NOSE!" he yelled, hoping that the zombies would redirect their attention on him.

Coming close in contact with Helenos, Alf swung hard, but Helenos just in time raised Edwards, Alf's axe buried in the man.

"Oh my god...Please...forgive me..." Alf whispered in horror. "I just saw...please forgive me, I hurt an innocent..."

The dragon opened wide and breathed it's dark breath upon Alf, the man falling on his back, completely unconscious.

Link to Combat: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2817911/

Alferis: (5,3,2) Hit! 7+3-9= 1 damage! Edwards 17/18 HP

Helenos: (5,6,3): Hit! 5+12-4= 13 damage! Alferis 0/12 HP

Alferis gains 5 exp! Alf promotes!

Before her eyes, Alf had fallen, the dragon having raised a man to take Alf's blow and breathed her breath on him. She gasped, surprised at the Dragon's power. However, her trained eyes spotted Calamity just near where the man was before he was raised up to shield the dragon. The man had sacrificed himself for her. Even though she had given him a hard time, he still had risked his life to get the daggers back and buy her time.

Running past Alf and taking the daggers into her hands, Reika felt completley rejuvenated, and gasped at the energy she felt. She stared long and hard, a black aura surrounding her, kneeling in front of Alf to shield him from any incoming blows.

"So hard to find good help these days..."

Edited by Dark Sage

It semed Kelas needed a vigil. As such, Beau targeted her for his healing yet again.

Kelas +6HP

Kelas 11/15

Beau 9/9

Beau +8exp

Kelas loosed another burning arrow, recoiling in horror when Helenos whipped a human shield into its path. There was nothing she could do, though...

(1,6,1) Hit! Kelas does 6 damage!

"I'm sorry!" She turned to run, but Helenos' claws raked between her shoulder blades. She fell.

(4,5,6) Hit! Helenos does 13 damage! Kelas KO!

Kelas +10EXP Edwards 9/18

edit: oops, some of the wrong fluff in there

Edited by Kiryn