My Work. :)

eCut

Thanks!:)

It is a giant leather bandana-esque thing. I tried making it a dark colour but it looked weird, and even weirder with the clothes colour. o.O .

But I will fool around with it!

And there is this(for the splice competiton):

Splice-Week45.png

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the eyes are Wendy's ^o^

Anyway, I love it! But, I think there is a white pixel on the chin, that makes it look pointy >_<

Anyway, I LOVE that armor, it's beautiful ^^ especially that cape thing!

Thank you guys!:)

Also, thank you Octavian for your comment on the splice comp. thread!!

The eyes were a mix of Wendy's and Franz's; The top belonged to Wendy and the bottom belonged to Franz.

And I agree Deranger, he definitely looks resilient!

Gosh I need to finish that Berserker.

I love that splice! I'm definitely voting for it :D

And I agree Deranger, he definitely looks resilient!

Gosh I need to finish that Berserker.

he definitely looks resilient!
he

I definitely thought it was a girl Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Must have been the pink hair lol.

^You were not the only two.

Although I admit I really suck at defining which gender a trap is (and sometimes even non-traps).

...And let me throw in a good job on that mug, Ecut. I'm really liking it. Although the hair, eyes and armor are sliiiiightly funky, I'll excuse those since they're really minor, and all in all it's a pretty good splice.

• 2 weeks later...

Haaaaaaaaay eCut!

So, on your bandita:

Not a bad job. I won't lie though...that so called leather bandana thing is making her look like she shaved the front third of her head like the male bandits did. I guess it's a code for them? I suggest changing it to the same color as her clothes. OR white like her axe. Her hands are kinda big, but I don't really blame you. Bandits are built like gorillas. I guess another standard before you can join a bandit group. I guess just try and shave off a pixel or two...and either add it to her near leg or shave off some more from her far leg. Yes, her leg is slightly bent...but she's got a ham back there and a drumstick up close. Just seems a little weird. lol. Not A LOT to fix, but those things you can polish up.

Also, not sure if you are aiming to fix up that trap!splice...I mean...cause it was for a contest...but in case you do:

-Does he have heterochromia? Near eye is a nice, shiny, and faint blue. Far one is like STARE INTO YOUR SOUL abyss purple. Also having a bit of a lazy eye problem. The near one is a liiiiiiiittle bit too interested in what's happening behind him but trying to look normal so it suffices with using some peripherals. Work on the eyes a bit more. (I suggest you go with the faint bluepurple look on the far side. I'm a fan.)

-Not sure how the armor works. He could kill someone with the far shoulder pad after a hug...or by simply turning to his left too fast if there is someone behind him. I probably wouldn't stand too close...or get to friendly. If it was intended, alright. Cool. If not...I'd prooooobably want to go for a more symmetrical look and put the point at the middle of the pad.

-Looking at the position of the shoulders...the far one is a lot longer than the near one. It's like the near one has dependence issues and doesn't wanna leave the body. Could very well have been Franz's sprite...but this is something that is easily fixed.

-Not entirely sure how the hair works. I'm liking what you were going for...but it lacks definition. The hair is like LETS SWAY TO THE FAR SIDE and then there is that one hair on top that is like NO I WANNA GO TO THE FOREHEAD. Nothing a little shading won't fix.

-Dat chin. I pray he will never have to look down during a haircut; he'd perform an unwilling tracheotomy. Round it out a little. Just a little. Not like woman round...but more like not jut out in a point round.

Pretty interesting use of the set, though. Keep up the good work. As long as you learn something, it wasn't a complete waste of time. 8]

K so time to respond to my thread! I kept telling myself I wouldn't until I had something to show but of course I don't... sweatdrop.gif

Thank you everyone for your comments. :) I do appreciate the compliments!

And hi Char! Nice to see you here. :)

I've had a few people say now about the headband so I am definitely going to change the colour of it. Thanks for the critique about the hands and legs, I'll fool around with it when I get in the mood to sprite again!

As for the critique on the mugshot, I do eventually plan on fixing him up so when I do I am going to go over your critique for fixes so don't feel like you wasted your time with it! It'll be used in time.

Thanks again guys. :)

White headband, shaved off some of the far leg, and made both hands a pixel smaller.

Looks better now I think!

FemaleBrigandFIX.png

And a promotion for Elliot!

ElliotPromotion.png

Enjoy guys. :)

And a promotion for Elliot!

ElliotPromotion.png

Enjoy guys. :)

I think the promotion would look better if s/he (sorry) was holding his/er lance vertically, like soldiers do. It just seems like all four limbs are going out at the same angle right now. Maybe that's just me. Your shading's really smooth, like bwd smooth, which is smoother than IS's. I think that's a good thing.

And I still can't wrap my head around the concept of female brigands.

Thank you. :)

It is a she btw(girl in my avatar). :P

And a vertical pose? I shall try it!

Edit:

Vertical lance:

ElliotPromotionVertLance.png

Better, worse?

Edited by eCut

It would seem kind of odd that once you've promoted you'd change your stance (and through it your whole fighting style). You'd think that now you've finally mastered it and would keep it :P But yeah, I like the original better. The vertical one looks good too, just doesn't make as much sense to me :3 (Which isn't always a bad thing)

I guess so~

Also, I can see a person changing their style upon promotion. Just look at FE7. Eliwood, Hector and Lyn all change how they fight when they promote o 3 o

at least for their final weapons they do

Mmmm Armads attack.

I have a pretty awesome idea in mind of how she would attack but I can't even draw stick figures doing it , let alone spriting it. :p

Looks cool in my head though...

Try it try it try it.

Practice practice practice o 3 o

or else you'll never get anywheeere.

So very true!

I still need to finish the fem berserker... Really don't want to have to sprite the spinning axe.

Edited by eCut

I guess so~

Also, I can see a person changing their style upon promotion. Just look at FE7. Eliwood, Hector and Lyn all change how they fight when they promote o 3 o

at least for their final weapons they do

True. I guess I'm thinking more real life logic than Fire Emblem logic (Fire Emblem doesn't give a shit :P )

I'm excited for the berserker as well

ElliotPromotionVertLance.png

I do like this version better, but I guess I was just looking at the other one from really far away when I said the limbs all look parallel (or something like that). Both versions are good. I'd imagine this one pointing the lance back, turning her back towards us and slicing with it because slicing is what lances do. ANYWAYS, what was your plan for the attack?

And does the horizontal pose have a Vanguard Ike Cape that's split in three, or does her lance just go through the cape?