My Work. :)

eCut

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh you guys... :) I will just have to finish it then; due to a fear of being beaten by fruit-coated wooden sticks and the absence of red packets!

Edited by eCut

Ok There are a few things I can see at first glance that could be easily fixed on the Elliot mug.

Her head's about 2 pixels too tall for a pose like that, it ends up looking quite large, I compared it to a few other profile mugs(Ismaire, My Vaida and Skirmir) and I also think her face is a bit too wide.

Try making it a bit smaller and possibly extending the body a few pixels to help 'reconstitute' her overall size.

The far side bangs could be raised to a similar height to the hair on the near side, possibly fixing it a bit to curve smoothly with a small dip at the hairs part rather than a vaguely squared off top.

I think her near eye sits a bit high on her head, dropping it a pixel may help with that. Her chin also seems quite square.

I really like how you've shaded the hair the only thing I can pick on that is the near side hair above the shoulder seems to have the same continued perfectly diagonal lines, I find I sometimes fall into that habit as perfect straight and diagonal lines tend to look cleanest, but messing with that a little might end up giving you an overall more natural look in the hair shading.

Thank you again for critiquing it Vamp! I appreciate it. :) (As I am sure you know 'cause I asked you to do so lols.)

• 1 month later...

For the splicing competition:

Splice-Week50.png

Kinda odd, doesn't really make sense, and has a big head. :P

Enjoy. :)

• 1 month later...

Why does that look so much like Yeti's TR1 Eliza? Edit: Whoops the pose is nowhere near the same.

Eliza_Lord-Lance-2.gif

And your Marksman looks a lot like his Shaman.

Except the shading on both is horrific compared to his

Edited by Klokinator

Lols.

That's all.

Oh, and: *ping* *ping*

That's the sound of your pitiful spam bouncing off my lack of care about what you say.

Have a nice day hun. <3

Edited by eCut

Oh klok, you fool.

Anyways, back on topic.

I /love/ it.

Right one is better, imo.

I like everything about it, except the hair. Your hair is almost always the same, or similar. You should try different ones.

Oh and the shading on the left leg (opv) is a bit pillowy, as well as the left boot is a bit funky. Speaking of which, the shading on the whole leg area is messy, fix that if you care.

The spear looks ALOT like yeti!soldier, so you might want to give it a bit of your own style.

Other than that, it seems pretty good, and I love it <3.

Ahem. Alright. Here we go, since I'm not too tired as I was last night to critique. lol

- I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at on the torso. I THINK it's a vest...but it kinda looks like he is getting ready for a hiking trip in the Rockies and gonna use that spear as his walking stick. Could also be a tongue coming out of his crotch area trying to lick his chin and cover up most of his brown sleeveless shirt...but I think the former is more practical. lol

- That spear is looking kinda dinky/shoddy. It looks kinda frail at the junction of the head and hilt. I also think you may have over shaded the spear head. Kinda looks like an overgrown paintbrush. Idk. Try something more along the lines of this? lolidk. It's not like I do battlesprites anyways.

- Those legs are a little awkward. Not sure if it's the shading or the actual outline of the legs, but Betti Spaghetti would like her legs back. He kinda also looks like he is constipated/needs to find a latrine fast. I think that makes the sprite a little awkward in itself.

Not a perfect battle sprite but it's solid for sure. I'm liking where you are going for it. The arms were the best part of the sprite. :]

Ahem. Alright. Here we go, since I'm not too tired as I was last night to critique. lol

- I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at on the torso. I THINK it's a vest...but it kinda looks like he is getting ready for a hiking trip in the Rockies and gonna use that spear as his walking stick. Could also be a tongue coming out of his crotch area trying to lick his chin and cover up most of his brown sleeveless shirt...but I think the former is more practical. lol

- That spear is looking kinda dinky/shoddy. It looks kinda frail at the junction of the head and hilt. I also think you may have over shaded the spear head. Kinda looks like an overgrown paintbrush. Idk. Try something more along the lines of this? lolidk. It's not like I do battlesprites anyways.

- Those legs are a little awkward. Not sure if it's the shading or the actual outline of the legs, but Betti Spaghetti would like her legs back. He kinda also looks like he is constipated/needs to find a latrine fast. I think that makes the sprite a little awkward in itself.

Not a perfect battle sprite but it's solid for sure. I'm liking where you are going for it. The arms were the best part of the sprite. :]

So many things in this made me laugh. xD

It was supposed to be a vest yeah.

Oh klok, you fool.

Anyways, back on topic.

I /love/ it.

Right one is better, imo.

I like everything about it, except the hair. Your hair is almost always the same, or similar. You should try different ones.

Oh and the shading on the left leg (opv) is a bit pillowy, as well as the left boot is a bit funky. Speaking of which, the shading on the whole leg area is messy, fix that if you care.

The spear looks ALOT like yeti!soldier, so you might want to give it a bit of your own style.

Other than that, it seems pretty good, and I love it <3.

The spear comment is interesting because I ref'd my Soldier and General's spear. :p

Untitled-1.png

I shall fix him up according to both of you . :)

I might also change the design too. I was kind of thinking of the fat generic civilian from GBAFE with the giant mustache but evidently that didn't work out too well. :P

Edited by eCut

Knighttrainee2.png

Straightened him up so that he doesn't look 'constipated'. :p

I gave him crazy hair yaaaaaaaaay uniqueish hair.

Fixed the vest and the spear(hopefully?).

That does look ten times better, E.

I love the hair, and the vest improvements.

Only thing bothering me is the black line at the left of the spearhead. I think that part actually needs to be lighter, but what do I know. Get a few more opnions on that until deciding.

EDIT: Oh, ditch the darker part of the spear shaft (right below the spearhead). Just keep it the same color as the rest of the shaft.

Edited by Fawful

• 3 weeks later...

Some good ol' fun with Renair:

Renair-1.png

Not being used for the project, I just wanted to make her 'cause she's a pretty cool character. :)

I really saw her in a Lyn S. Katti esque pose (not that animation though because it is lousy haha). I also know that she doesn't have leggings but I thought they looked pretty neat on her. :P

Astra knows I've made this btw!

Edited by eCut

I think there was some debate in chat as to whether Renair should have pants, and they basically decided not to cause the original anim didn't have them. I like yours a lot, though, eCut :3 Reminds me of her current ranged animation (+pants)

@Aviv: Thank you! :) Thank god for Char and Feaw for the advice. :P

@ SlayeZ: I'm sorry but I tend not to. :( Whenever I do they never usually never get done...

@ Jubby: Thanks. :) I think leggings suit her but it doesn't matter what I think haha. xD And I can totally see that pose!

the only issue i have with your renair is that renair holds a sword with both hands

But she doesn't? In her striking pose she does but in her artwork and starting pose she doesn't. :p

Though I am going to go with the above reason: Btichez be hittin' da gym hard. 8D