If a FE4 remake came out...

Galenforcer

This is how people will react to it. But I'll split it into two catagories.

People who haven't played FE4, but played the Americanized ones only:

- No rescue? Lame.

- Bland characters? Lame.

- No healing items? Lame.

- Bad character balence? Lame.

- Different mechanics than the current ones? Lame.

People who've played it and love it to bits:

- Plot changes to censor incest? Lame.

- Game mechanics were changed? Lame.

- No more dark themes to this game because of censoring? Lame.

- Skill names were changed? Lame.

- Everyone has a Americanized name now? Lame.

This is probably true, you know.

I agree totally with everything in the opening post. However,

- Moar skills? Cool, especially considering that skills are inherited

- 3D tome animations? Awesome

- 3D Narga and Loputousu animations specifically? Super awesome

- Cel-shaded cutscenes on various story events? Like with Mahnya's fall, Cuan & Ethlin's death, Loputousu disintegrating, and of course, THE TRAGEDY OF BARHARA? Do want

So yes, I still wanna see a FE4 remake. And having a full-English ending beats reading a super giant Notepad file that also contains the scripts for the endings of other pairings.

's long as swordmasters are still overpowered, it's all good.

They'll most likely get a 15-30 bonus to their Crit rate. So yeah, they will. Oh snap, Johalva might actually be pretty good then.

And Shanan better have some hot art.

lol, look at what they did to Navarre and Camus, who used to look so cool back in FE3...

Dammit. I want Meteor. +30 crit. And everything overpowered.

They should hire me for official art. I need money anyway.

I promise I won't make Shanan's OA shirtless.

Though, FE12 artwork is beautiful. FE11 has proportional issues, though.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Regarding a few issues I have:

I want to see the remake since that would possibly bring more people to become fans, but the censroship in America will surely damage what made this game (for the ones of us that have played it) and modifying a great story to fit the standards.

Outside of it, FE needs to bring new artworks (it helped me get better at drawing :lol: ) and it may give time for a real new game to come from the shadows. I hope things stay as close as possible as the original.

Dammit. I want Meteor.

Half power

+30 crit.

English versions never went that far. +20 was the highest for Swordmasters and that's only in RD. Unless the DS versions had +30.

And everything overpowered.

You do realize we're talking about FE4, right?

They should hire me for official art. I need money anyway.

Yes, they should but I highly doubt it's the team in NA that's in charge of the artwork.

I promise I won't make Shanan's OA shirtless.

Make sure you tell them that in your interview.

Though, FE12 artwork is beautiful. FE11 has proportional issues, though.

Yes, I have to agree with that. I still don't like how Camus turned brown instead of black, but that's entirely FE11's fault.

Regarding a few issues I have:

I want to see the remake since that would possibly bring more people to become fans, but the censroship in America will surely damage what made this game (for the ones of us that have played it) and modifying a great story to fit the standards.

Outside of it, FE needs to bring new artworks (it helped me get better at drawing :lol: ) and it may give time for a real new game to come from the shadows. I hope things stay as close as possible as the original.

Yes and yes and yes and yes. Official Artwork was probably the only major problem with the original FE4 (good thing they're not actually part of the game, like in Tellius FEs). Luminescent Blade should fix that.

Edited by Proto

People who haven't played FE4, but played the Americanized ones only:

- No rescue? Lame.

This is a remake you know. They COULD add rescue. Considering most units are on horseback in this game with a crapton of ground to cover, rescue would only serve to help these poor footed bastards. Any other game and frankly I would be glad Rescue was gone.

FE11 had bland characters, it did decently. Not fantastically, but did better than 8 and 9 (I'm pretty sure it did better than 9, I'm not DEAD certain on that).

Infinite repairs on Libro and Fortify!?

Out of 5 of the games America's gotten, about maybe 2 of them are balanced at best.

- Different mechanics than the current ones? Lame.

Because the GBA games function exactly like the 3-D and DS games, right? Yup, not a lick of difference in their mechanics at all.

People who've played it and love it to bits:

Or the game gets a T rating.

This goes against your statement of people complaining the character balance would suck, since changes to game mechanics would only serve to help this. I would love my axes to not be so useless and heavy, and I would love for Balmunk and Holsety to not be stupendously retarded.

Ashnard committed fucking genocide and we see a man get stabbed through the torso by a gigantic sword. Also, slavery. Let's not act like dark themes were censored before, because as far as I can remember, they weren't.

They already WERE changed.

Putting money down right now, they change Oifaye's name to Orville.

This is probably true, you know.

Good thing we're thoughtlessly exaggerating here.

People would realize the game is overrated to hell and back

More like the minority of people that wrongfully claim it is overrated might get a few more voices added to their numbers and be happier about it.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

I was unaware this topic was in Far From the Forest, I just saw it in hte side bar. Me am stupid for taking too srsly.

More like the minority of people that wrongfully claim it is overrated might get a few more voices added to their numbers and be happier about it.

Let's not kid ourselves, you know that FE4 is guttah turashi.

Oh, and GJ, just thought I'd point out that people incorrectly react to things all the time. They exaggerate or whatever. It's entirely possible that a few of those complaints would happen even if they weren't justifiable complaints.

Oh, the one I want to argue with you about is the skill name changes. I would actually complain about them using the same names as the Tellius skills (because some of the names are stupid). Yes, I realize they've already used them in the Tellius games and so it should not be unexpected. I'd still complain. And since they'd invariably rename Rezire as "Nosferatu" (despite relating vampires to a Light spell being stupid) just like they did in the Tellius games, I'd be complaining about that, too. Even though it's obvious that they would.

People act as though the game's story is good. That's definitely being overrated.

edit: Also, do the Japanese skill names in 4 match up with those in 9 and 10? If they do, then it'd only be right to localize them as such. Though they seem to have no idea wtf they want Nosferatu to be

Edited by Saloma

I may not love it to bits, but I have played and enjoyed this game.

- No rescue? Lame.

Ha, I already hate that part about FE4.

Every FE has had at least some bland characters. Lol Aran and Vika.

Wow, I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it here. Guess it goes to show how much I prefer to rely on staves.

See: Radiant Dawn. Even aside from that, it's not like the FE games are known for great character balance.

These will not necessarily happen.

If these happen and people actually bitch about it, I will link them appropriately.

English versions never went that far. +20 was the highest for Swordmasters and that's only in RD. Unless the DS versions had +30.

RD Volke had +25.

"Overrated" is used so stupidly most of the time anyway.

I was unaware this topic was in Far From the Forest, I just saw it in hte side bar. Me am stupid for taking too srsly.

Psh, who cares about FftF? I'll take things seriously if I feel like it, no matter where it is!

Edited by Sadistic Fox

This is a remake you know. They COULD add rescue. Considering most units are on horseback in this game with a crapton of ground to cover, rescue would only serve to help these poor footed bastards. Any other game and frankly I would be glad Rescue was gone.

Azel can finally be useful now?

FE11 had bland characters, it did decently. Not fantastically, but did better than 8 and 9 (I'm pretty sure it did better than 9, I'm not DEAD certain on that).

I was about to raise my mouth against this, when I remembered that the only character that can be considered a Camus in FE9 is Shiharam. nvm.

Infinite repairs on Libro and Fortify!?

They won't have infinite range and I have doubts that Aideen/Lana/Lana's sub would have the Movement to reach everybody.

Out of 5 of the games America's gotten, about maybe 2 of them are balanced at best.

10 and which one? And NA got 6 games if I counted correctly.

Because the GBA games function exactly like the 3-D and DS games, right? Yup, not a lick of difference in their mechanics at all.

FE4 made it waaaaay too different though. Characters were never THIS selfish in the other FE games. With respect to both money AND items.

Do you honestly think that would help? As if Twilight Princess's T rating is enough to prevent <13 year olds from ever playing the game. Besides, didn't FE9 and 10 have a T rating already? FE4 goes way further than that.

This goes against your statement of people complaining the character balance would suck, since changes to game mechanics would only serve to help this. I would love my axes to not be so useless and heavy, and I would love for Balmunk and Holsety to not be stupendously retarded.

The blood system would be the same. And even if they reduced the holy weapon stat bonuses, they're still assigning each * ranked weapon to only one specific person. No matter how much you love Lakche, she's not getting the Balmung (yes, I think they'll fix that glitch). So yeah, even if holy weapons were nerfed to the point that they become like S-rank weapons, the fact that their wielder is fixed makes the characters' unbalanced.

Ashnard committed fucking genocide and we see a man get stabbed through the torso by a gigantic sword. Also, slavery. Let's not act like dark themes were censored before, because as far as I can remember, they weren't.

We're not talking about FE4's child hunts here. We're talking about something else. I REALLY think those two characters would become distant cousins in a NA remake.

They already WERE changed.

I think what he means is that people don't want to see stuff like "Paragon" instead of "Elite" in Lex's skillset. Lex, a paragon, wat?

Putting money down right now, they change Oifaye's name to Orville.

Nah, NA releases did use several names that weren't common names. They don't have to change Oifaye that much.

Good thing we're thoughtlessly exaggerating here.

^This

Oh, and GJ, just thought I'd point out that people incorrectly react to things all the time. They exaggerate or whatever. It's entirely possible that a few of those complaints would happen even if they weren't justifiable complaints.

And that too. You'll always find people complaining for silly reasons on even the most perfect aspects of any game.

Oh, the one I want to argue with you about is the skill name changes. I would actually complain about them using the same names as the Tellius skills (because some of the names are stupid). Yes, I realize they've already used them in the Tellius games and so it should not be unexpected. I'd still complain. And since they'd invariably rename Rezire as "Nosferatu" (despite relating vampires to a Light spell being stupid) just like they did in the Tellius games, I'd be complaining about that, too. Even though it's obvious that they would.

I always think of Rezire as Light and Nosferatu as Dark. As if they weren't meant to be the same tome. Which also means that I think of FE9's Runesword (which I call Earth Sword) to be different from GBA Runesword.

People act as though the game's story is good. That's definitely being overrated.

Definitely? lolno. I've said this a billion times but whether a game is overrated or not is subjective. If you really think it's as awesome as the people claim it is, then it's not overrated. That is not "definitely being overrated".

edit: Also, do the Japanese skill names in 4 match up with those in 9 and 10? If they do, then it'd only be right to localize them as such. Though they seem to have no idea wtf they want Nosferatu to be

Better question, do Japanese skill names in 9 match up with those in 10? Because the English ones certainly don't.

I may not love it to bits, but I have played and enjoyed this game.

Good, good

Ha, I already hate that part about FE4.

I don't like Rescuing either, so I don't use it much unless I'm playing FE5 (and I really despise having to capture in that game).

Every FE has had at least some bland characters. Lol Aran and Vika.

They have to, with a cast of ~40 playable characters.

Wow, I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it here. Guess it goes to show how much I prefer to rely on staves.

Same here. At first I thought "No, I definitely remember seeing Vulneraries in the item page" when I realized I was thinking of the drop symbol.

See: Radiant Dawn. Even aside from that, it's not like the FE games are known for great character balance.

Even RD doesn't restrict all the S-rank weapons to a specific character. If you just have a few of them like Ragnell and Cymbeline, then it's alright. But for each and every single legendary weapon to be character-exclusive, that's pretty unbalanced. What's more, even stuff like Thoron can't be used by everyone because Weapon Level was class-dependent. But that might be changed in the remake. The blood system has to be there though, so holy weapons will continue to disrupt the character balance.

These will not necessarily happen.

They can fit in the child hunts, maybe, but I agree with the first point.

If these happen and people actually bitch about it, I will link them appropriately.

NO, NOT TVTROPES PLEASE

RD Volke had +25.

"Overrated" is used so stupidly most of the time anyway.

Indeed

Psh, who cares about FftF? I'll take things seriously if I feel like it, no matter where it is!

Why so Si-*shot*

Edited by Proto

Azel can finally be useful now?

Most footsoldiers in general would be more useful now.

They won't have infinite range and I have doubts that Aideen/Lana/Lana's sub would have the Movement to reach everybody.

I'm sure they'll live, not like the game's hard enough to warrent 24/7 healing in the first place.

10 and which one? And NA got 6 games if I counted correctly.

FE 10 is bala-PFAHAHAHAHAHAHA-

Now thinking about it, I think the only one that comes close to balance is FE7, and that game has Marcus along with several other ridiculous prepromotes like Pent. Only reason I say it's balanced is because in hte least, everyone is usable in some form (aside from Nino, but 1 compared to a big handful counts for me). As for how many games we got, we got 7, 8, 9, 10, and DS. That would be five.

FE4 made it waaaaay too different though. Characters were never THIS selfish in the other FE games. With respect to both money AND items.

Money's like the one of the many thing that is never a problem in this game even WITH gold being assigned to characters individually. Rings also are incredibly powerful stuff that were never replicated in future games. Besides, I would hardly say characters are selfish in this game when it comes to items that give boosts like this. FE10 comes to mind immediately when it comes to a game of insane character greed.

Do you honestly think that would help? As if Twilight Princess's T rating is enough to prevent <13 year olds from ever playing the game. Besides, didn't FE9 and 10 have a T rating already? FE4 goes way further than that.

Child hunting is grim and all, but so is fucking genocide and slavery. As for the ratings being effective, I don't give a shit if it "does it's job", that is merely the rating it would deserve imo. Could have a rating of Rainbow Cheese, I wouldn't care who was buying it as long as it deserved the rating.

As a note, only game that would deserve a Rainbow Cheese rating is Katamari Damashi.

The blood system would be the same. And even if they reduced the holy weapon stat bonuses, they're still assigning each * ranked weapon to only one specific person. No matter how much you love Lakche, she's not getting the Balmung (yes, I think they'll fix that glitch). So yeah, even if holy weapons were nerfed to the point that they become like S-rank weapons, the fact that their wielder is fixed makes the characters' unbalanced.

This is the fault of the game that can be changed, not that I would really give a damn if it were changed or not. If it were assignable to anyone who could equip it, the game would probably be even more imbalanced since now it would just go to the best person who would proceed to simply outclass the others. If you could give Balmunk to Lex!Lakche, you'd do it in a heartbeat, and you'd then be left with "Not Lakche 1" and "Not Lakche 2". At least with Shannon having the Balmunk is still a distinct difference between dodge tank compared to his cheaper and more beef-tanking relatives.

I'm honestly not broken up about unique weapons being assigned to one character in a game where everyone can be fielded. My problem is the boosts are so powerful, everyone else on the team might as well not exist despite the fact I can field everyone.

We're not talking about FE4's child hunts here. We're talking about something else. I REALLY think those two characters would become distant cousins in a NA remake.

Oh, you mean INCEST since you seem so timid to say the word? It's medieval times, schools teach that stuff was rampant in royal families for the reason of "keeping royal blood pure". If it gets an M rating based on stuff they explain in high school, I give up.

I think what he means is that people don't want to see stuff like "Paragon" instead of "Elite" in Lex's skillset. Lex, a paragon, wat?
Better question, do Japanese skill names in 9 match up with those in 10? Because the English ones certainly don't.

Who gives a shit, honestly? Most people who bitch about it are still gonna get the game anyways.

Definitely? lolno. I've said this a billion times but whether a game is overrated or not is subjective. If you really think it's as awesome as the people claim it is, then it's not overrated. That is not "definitely being overrated".

Let's be objective then. It steals the credit for having a "good" story from FE5 and FE Treasure explaining everything, since for the most part, stuff like child hunting is only referenced to, and the incestuous was looked into for no longer than to explain how certain people came to be(Since everyone's making a big deal about it despite the fact that it's barely mentioned). FE5 and Treasure have you believe that there is some deeper truths behind everything, when in reality both these things came after FE4, and thus if you just played FE4 you would see that everything is stone cold face value. The enemy is clearly evil, and your army is clearly not. First half's story is good if you look at it from a wider lens, since in-game the actual dialogue is so bland, short and stilted that it fails to tell it in an interesting way. Second half's story might as well be a Power Rangers movie.

In conclusion; it's badly written, does not help keep interest, and steals credit from FE5 and Treasure for doing the actual storytelling. It's overrated.

Even RD doesn't restrict all the S-rank weapons to a specific character. If you just have a few of them like Ragnell and Cymbeline, then it's alright. But for each and every single legendary weapon to be character-exclusive, that's pretty unbalanced. What's more, even stuff like Thoron can't be used by everyone because Weapon Level was class-dependent. But that might be changed in the remake. The blood system has to be there though, so holy weapons will continue to disrupt the character balance.

All of which you had just said is hardly the problem with FE4's balance. The main problems rather are that the maps are so large that foot soldiers are barely viable at all, Holy Weapon boosts are way too powerful, gold is easier to come by than dirt, weapons are just wonky in difference (Axes are pointless outside a grand total of one of them, there is no difference between magic types aside from the other 2 spelltypes are just heavier versions of Wind, swords have everything and more compared to all the other weapon types), a broke-ass breeding system in making units for the second half of the game, and some units are just flat out useless(ARDEN, Daisy, Dew, Sharlow/Claude's son, Noish, Tiltyu, Tinny, I could go on).

(aside from Nino, but 1 compared to a big handful counts for me)

Even Nino is probably the easiest to use hardest-to-use-character-in-the-game in the series considering how she starts and can turn out. From what I've played, at least.

This is the fault of the game that can be changed, not that I would really give a damn if it were changed or not. If it were assignable to anyone who could equip it, the game would probably be even more imbalanced since now it would just go to the best person who would proceed to simply outclass the others. If you could give Balmunk to Lex!Lakche, you'd do it in a heartbeat, and you'd then be left with "Not Lakche 1" and "Not Lakche 2". At least with Shannon having the Balmunk is still a distinct difference between dodge tank compared to his cheaper and more beef-tanking relatives.

I'm honestly not broken up about unique weapons being assigned to one character in a game where everyone can be fielded. My problem is the boosts are so powerful, everyone else on the team might as well not exist despite the fact I can field everyone.

Or just make it impossible to repair them (or prohibitively expensive). There have been powerful S Rank weapons before, like FE6 Durandal, and while they were good in the hands of Rutger and Dieck you still couldn't afford to use them most of the time because the 20 uses have to last the entire game.

Oh, you mean INCEST since you seem so timid to say the word? It's medieval times, schools teach that stuff was rampant in royal families for the reason of "keeping royal blood pure". If it gets an M rating based on stuff they explain in high school, I give up.

Incest was still in FE7, even if it was unconsummated.

All of which you had just said is hardly the problem with FE4's balance. The main problems rather are that the maps are so large that foot soldiers are barely viable at all, Holy Weapon boosts are way too powerful, gold is easier to come by than dirt, weapons are just wonky in difference (Axes are pointless outside a grand total of one of them, there is no difference between magic types aside from the other 2 spelltypes are just heavier versions of Wind, swords have everything and more compared to all the other weapon types), a broke-ass breeding system in making units for the second half of the game, and some units are just flat out useless(ARDEN, Daisy, Dew, Sharlow/Claude's son, Noish, Tiltyu, Tinny, I could go on).

And they will probably put in stuff to balance it better. Like make Wind weaker or Fire/Thunder lighter.

Except that Nintendo wants to avoid the T and M ratings as much as they can. Which is why I feel that butchering is going to occur if an official FE4 remake were to happen.

Edited by The Envoy of the Beginning

In FE11 Knorda IIRC (It might of been Warren) used to be a slave market but they censored that out when it came to NOA.

In FE11 Knorda IIRC (It might of been Warren) used to be a slave market but they censored that out when it came to NOA.

It is Knorda, and if I remember correctly, it's also missing even in the Japanese version.

Which means, if slavery in general is getting axed even in Japan...

Edited by Acacia Sgt