Drafting Tournaments Explained

Integrity

Done.

Sorry it took so long, I fell asleep.

I love you so much.

I'll edit things in and split the logs (between FE8 and FE9) tomorrow morning.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OKAY GOOD MORNING

We're up and running 100% efficiency again.

What was PKL's turncount in that FE10 draft, Harpoon? That post is extremely vague.

Ah yes. I havent reported the Turncount because I havent posted the log. Im a prick and dont want any of the SFDTT players to know how i got that TC until after SFDTT. Hint: It involves a lot of Titania and Soren xD.

At this point, I don't care. I know my strategy from FE11, especially the later chapters, is nigh-well impossible to duplicate, as I relied on my ballista. . .which is something that no one else can do. Tee-hee~!

My endgame strategy has been more-or-less the same since I first started drafting.

(in other words, past drafts exist, and there's nothing stopping anyone from reading those)

The FE8 infantry draft (#30302) has finished drafting now!

Teams:

Elison: Artur, Joshua, Ross, Rennac, Moulder, Marisa.

CrashGordon94: Gerik, Lute, Colm, Neimi, Amelia, Ewan.

General Horace: Saleh, Gilliam, Innes, Dozla, Natasha, Knoll.

Edited by CrashGordon94

Ah yes. I havent reported the Turncount because I havent posted the log. Im a prick and dont want any of the SFDTT players to know how i got that TC until after SFDTT. Hint: It involves a lot of Titania and Soren xD.

Whilst some of us are so vain, we post detailed descriptions of our strategies to show how great we are! That's how big our egos are over in FE4 land!

Detailed descriptions like GO LEFT are amazing! Because I know exactly what it means! FE4 drafters have this wonderful understanding of such statements.

Anyway, I completed Crash's no mounts FE8 draft in 137 turns. Saleh is OP.

Edited by General Horace

It takes skill to decipher such minute and inconsistency-riddled descriptions as "win game", I'm sure that most of us would have trouble following your example.

I mean, at least do what horace said and post something like "GO LEFT" or "USE HAND AXE".

To excuse my own behavior (this is what Horace was referring to), I didn't do anything fancy that I haven't done on many drafts before, and it was a joke of a run anyway.

Still, this upstart culture of "hiding my strategies so you scrubs don't steal them :smug:" is starting to irk me.

Its only for the SFDTT. I dont normally hide my logs :/. I can post stats and maybe WENT LEFT xD as an explanation and have a separate log with all the strats.

Its only for the SFDTT. I dont normally hide my logs :/. I can post stats and maybe WENT LEFT xD as an explanation and have a separate log with all the strats.

Isn't this kinda flawed in that you assume that people will actually finish within a reasonable timeframe?

Unless there is some deadline for SFDTT that I overlooked?

Edited by Kaoz

Somehow I highly doubt that people who don't have your exact team will be able to replicate your dubious turncount.

Not that I distrust you (yet), but I generally find it easier to suspend disbelief when there's some kind of explanation. Stats too, I guess.

I'd just like to mention that I currently have three clears in the SFDTT where absolutely 0 logs were provided, just a "i finished x in y turns." In fact, Cap'n Flint went one further and simply said "im finished."

EDIT: Note that in each case I haven't even been provided a completely explanation-free chapter-by-chapter clear speed (c11: 8, c12: 6, 13:5, etc.), only the final "done in 150 turns."

Edited by Integrity

Back in the days when drafts were new, and most people didn't strategize. . .whatever. I admit to being guilty of this.

Now, with a ton of logs to look back on, it seems silly to hide things, especially when you're posting some lolmazing turncount.

You didn't hide your whole run anyway, you just held onto from chapter 18 on at the very start of FE11 drafting, and that wasn't a huge issue.

IMO, when people say they're holding on to their strategies, it gives them the opportunity to say "oh shit I could have done that I better restart".

ALSO FUCK YEAH I HAVE VOLKE AND BOYD IS GONE YAYAYAYA

Edited by General Horace