Drafting Tournaments Explained

Integrity

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Topic number: 27404

Draft Quicky: Lyn Hard Mode! Has finished Auctioning, and these have finished already:

[color=#073702][size=2][b]Draft Quicky: Lyn Hard Mode [Auction][/b]
Vicious Sal		-	Lyn + Sain(13) + Wil(5) + Florina (20) + Turns(59) = 97 turns Total
Clipseykitty		-	Lyn + Nils (4) + Serra (3) + Rath(4) + (Unknown) = 
Ring Wraith		-	Lyn + Dorcas(5) + Erk(5) + Wallace(1) + Penalties(9) + Turns (67) = 87 Turns Total
General Horace		-	Lyn + Matthew(3) + Kent(8) + Lucius(1) + Penalties(6) + Turns(60) = 72 Turns Total[/size][/color]
[color=#073702][size=2]

[/size][/color]

You're not allowed to host drafts anymore, Sal. That formatting in both the draft thread and in here is atrocious.

And I thought people with just vertical lists were bad...

EDIT: BUT, to encourage participation I should be a little nicer: thank you for informing me.

Edited by Integrity

I don't draft anymore myself, but after taking a look at the most recent one for FE9 I figured I'd leave this here... (no offense to Core)

I guess I could've started a new convo for this, but w/e...

Basically, I noticed that you removed the BEXP limits and the ones Core uses for his draft are kinda suboptimal (not to say that mine were perfect, but I think you see where I'm coming from). Anyway, I figured that throwing random numbers as limiters maybe isn't the best way to do this, so I figured working out some actual criteria might be a good idea.

BEXP limits, as far as I can tell, have two goals:

1) Keeping Marcia and Jill in check, so that people that didn't draft either actually have a chance

2) Not screwing over anyone else in the process

Personally, I'd like to add to that that units shouldn't be strong enough that they can completly trivialize the game (an example of this would be BEXPing Zihark to 20/03, so that he can 1RKO all of Ch. 12), it simply makes it more interesting.

I think that probably the easiest way to do this would be to look at what units actually NEED BEXP to be useful (e.g. Rolf) and give them just enough to be useable, then simply ban BEXP for all other units. Whether it's the best way, I dunno but probably not, if you went through each unit and each chapter, you could probably balance this game pretty well.

However, this is meant to be food for thought, nothing more, the concrete analysis should probably be done by people like RFoF, RD or yourself and not me. Before you ask (or maybe you don't care but just in case), I didn't post this in the thread because I'm not actually participating in drafts (the Franz thing was an exception because banning should be a last resort, nothing you do to every game's best unit just because) and likely won't in the near future.

Do with this what you want I guess, it's nothing more than a suggestion.

You're not allowed to host drafts anymore, Sal. That formatting in both the draft thread and in here is atrocious.

And I thought people with just vertical lists were bad...

EDIT: BUT, to encourage participation I should be a little nicer: thank you for informing me.

lol, poor Sally.

Anyway, RD, you'd have to consider that Franz's average stats. It honestñy takes him a while for him to start 1RKO'ing and even 2HKO'ing (He misses on a few enemies). Enemies in FE8 are actually tougher than FE7 ones, it's just that the team in general is buffed up.

Quite frankly, I'm not convinced banning Franz is the answer, and would like to see a draft where he was free, but then this does cause problems with Vanessa, so... I don't know. FE8 and FE9 are difficult games to balance for drafts.

Uh, say that to me, Soul. *I'M* convinced that Franz is a borderline imbalanced starting pick, only barely outclassed by Nessie.

That said, I don't think banning Franz is the answer because I think Vanessa tends to shave more overall, but.

Enemies in FE8 are actually tougher than FE7 ones, it's just that the team in general is buffed up.

I'm pretty sure that was dis-proven, aside from Luck and some of the more powerful monsters.

That actually supports my statement, anyway. Franz takes a while to double and 1RKO at average.

I've never had trouble against Franz players. Y

I've never had trouble against Franz players. Y

What Franz players? Looking over your past FE8 drafts, none of the people who had Franz ever finished. It the same with your 'Oh, I beat Haar all the time' argument: The person who got Haar only finished once, and that was Ulki (who isn't the most competent player. No offense is intended, but I'm trying to make a point here).

I'm reasonably certain Integrity isn't serious, and is only asking for you to use a better format in the future.

I got that, but i'm still going. :) And future... Well.... At least not for a year. 8D

What Franz players? Looking over your past FE8 drafts, none of the people who had Franz ever finished. It the same with your 'Oh, I beat Haar all the time' argument: The person who got Haar only finished once, and that was Ulki (who isn't the most competent player. No offense is intended, but I'm trying to make a point here).

But it's ture. 8[ And Integ doesn't log EVERYTHING, anyway. :awesome:

It's not my fault they don't finish. 8[[[[

There is a new draft that has started, the FE7 HNM Auction Draft.

Here are the teams.

1. Radiant Kitty - Farina, Erk, Fiora, Raven, Serra, Matthew

2. Janissary - Priscilla, Dorcas, Lowen, Louise, Oswin, Legault, Renault

3. Quintessence - Lucius, Dart, Rebecca, Florina, Wallace

4. Shibeebaba - Harken, Sain, Rath, Jaffar, Bartre, Karla, Canas, Lyn, Heath, Nino

5. General_Horace- Ninian, Nils, Kent, Eliwood, Isadora, Hawkeye, Pent

Here is the thread.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27272

Random Reclass Roundup Take 2 has finished drafting. It can be found here: :/

1. mmKALLL - Frey, Norne, Hardin, Caesar, Wolf, Dolph, Beck, Macellan, Tiki, Est

2. Whitefang - Abel, Navarre, Draug, Midia, Lena, Vyland, Darros, Linde, Boah, Arran

3. Horace - Cain, Ogma, Sedgar, Jagen, Gaggles, Matthis, Bord, Horace, Etzel, Ymir

4. Quintessence - Caeda, Catria, Cord, Radd, Palla, Castor, Jake, Elice, Rickard, Lorenz

5. Clipseykitty - Barst, Merric, Orange (Roshea), Athena, Green (Tomas), Purple (Roger), Wendell, Astram, Maria, Minerva

Edited by General_Horace