Drafting Tournaments Explained

Integrity

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of this crap. Go back and make it completely unbeatable without that team.

EDIT: Your restraint is putting us to more shame. Just do what you have to do.

Edited by Soul

My team was a load of bullshit so I waited around for 12 extra turns in Final part 2 so the record wouldn't be out of reach.

Why would you do that?

Why would you do that?

Have you seen who I was given in a SOYO? It's quite clear that 13th only gave me the best units possible after the first round. Nobody is ever going to have all those units again, and without them, if I had put my full effort into the run, would have been around 20 turns quicker than the previous run, which is stupid. I didn't really approve of the team in the first place. It just destroyed the point of a SOYO draft.

Note that I'm not trying to be cocky about the turncount, it's just unreasonable to come close to it without the units I had.

Edited by General Horace

Have you seen who I was given in a SOYO? It's quite clear that 13th only gave me the best units possible after the first round. Nobody is ever going to have all those units again, and without them, if I had put my full effort into the run, would have been around 20 turns quicker than the previous run, which is stupid. I didn't really approve of the team in the first place. It just destroyed the point of a SOYO draft.

Note that I'm not trying to be cocky about the turncount, it's just unreasonable to come close to it without the units I had.

Then that's 13th fault. A draft is about using the best possible units that you can choose. If for some stupid reason you got the best units in the game, then thats the players fault. It doesn't matter if its impossible to get that score normally, and the score can be regarded as a theoretical possible maximum instead of a high score by other players to beat. Its not unreasonable to do that.

Then that's 13th fault. A draft is about using the best possible units that you can choose. If for some stupid reason you got the best units in the game, then thats the players fault. It doesn't matter if its impossible to get that score normally, and the score can be regarded as a theoretical possible maximum instead of a high score by other players to beat. Its not unreasonable to do that.

Well then, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this point. I didn't do a draft run, I did a Sethless LTC run without Tethys.

I finished the most generic FE11 draft ever in 148 turns.

That...took a while. ._______.

I'm pretty sure my Drafting Tourney III took longer. :P

I have the urge to start a GBA fe draft

Either fe6 or fe7, since I've had my fill on fe8 for awhile

I can't play fe9/fe10, due to parents overreacting and banning me from Wii useage

Due to me beating up some 17 year old teen at a kids party, when I brought my game binder (with both fe9/fe10)

This guy comes up, and taunts me, insults friends, kicks my little bro, and then the final straw was whn he started attampting to steal some of my games.

I think he's got a broken nose, and several other "light injuries"

Since, I kinda went ballistic.

of course, it turns out that he's a spoiled man-child, and now-even though his parents say that he deserved it, my mum thinks that I should've "shared it" and let him take them and in 2 weeks, if I had let him take them, he'd probobly have said that he "misplaced/forgot them"

And thats the entire reason I can't play fe9/fe10 for at least a week (if I'm lucky)

All due to some prissy spoiled guy who's been breast fed for 10 years.

FE11 Normal Mode with a Twist has finished drafting.

Dokutayuu- Caeda, Julian, Navarre, Lena, Roshea, Caesar, Tomas, Etzel, Xane, Jeorge, Tiki

PKL- Frey, Gordin, Wolf, Cord, Radd, Roger, Macellan, Elice, Jake, Minerva, Linde

General Horace- Cain, Wrys, Matthis, Vyland, Midia, Astram, Boah, Ymir, Bantu, Maria

Serious Sam- Abel, Ogma, Bord, Merric, Wendell, Castor, Beck, Dolph, Palla, Athena, Darros

Refa- Barst, Hardin, Sedgar, Rickard, Draug, Horace, Est, Catria, Arran, Samson, Norne

So, here's something that's gone completely unaddressed before. Fog of War. It's mentioned nonce in all the rulesets. Are there rules against it? I mean, all that would be done is deploying a unit and having them move and wait, which isn't against the rules. I mean, thieves/Janaff can make FoW chapters easier.

I've used Nailah and Volug as mobile Torches in 4-1 in practically every FE10 draft I've participated in, so I've always assumed there was no problem with it. I do see how a case could be made against allowing it, but if no one thinks it should be disallowed I don't think we should change it.

Is it a penalty to have a unit stand adjacent to another unit in order to take advantage of bond bonus? Like having an undrafted Rolf and/or Oscar standing adjacent to a drafted Boyd?

I forgot to explicitly mention Bonds while writing up the generic rulesets, but I agree that they should be disallowed, despite the relatively small bonus given.

Edit: On a different note, what do people think about disallowing Marcus after Chapter 15 and making Ninils free rather than Serra in EHM drafts? Unlike HHM, EHM might not need these provisions added.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

I've used Nailah and Volug as mobile Torches in 4-1 in practically every FE10 draft I've participated in, so I've always assumed there was no problem with it. I do see how a case could be made against allowing it, but if no one thinks it should be disallowed I don't think we should change it.

Well, making an undrafted unit "wait" or "use a torch" in order to reveal ??? tiles means revealing and killing, subsequently, an enemy and, thus, saving a turn or two. So I'm in favor of penalizing this because it helps the player rout enemy by using unauthorized units.

Perhaps there should be a vote for this. Personally i see no reason for such a stupid rule, seeing as it doesn't save you turns at all. Also, i think we all agree that using a torch is extremely different from making a unit wait and in that case should be penalized.

Edited by SlayerX

Yeah. I think we are fine as is. Mobile torches arent broken at all and dont need any banning. Just use them yourself. The only map where it actually saves a turn is 2-2. Maybe, 4-1 if you dont have a torch ike...

Perhaps there should be a vote for this. Personally i see no reason for such a stupid rule, seeing as it doesn't save you turns at all. Also, i think we all agree that using a torch is extremely different from making a unit wait and in that case should be penalized.

No. No votes. It's a stupid idea. Period.