Drafting Tournaments Explained

Integrity

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#35385 Skirmish Draft #2 finished drafting.

1. ZM456: Vanessa, Kyle, Ewan, Neimi, Saleh, Duessel, Dozla

2. Kalas: Joshua, Moulder, Gilliam, L'Arachel, Marisa, Colm, Rennac

3. PKL: Franz, Lute, Ross, Natasha, Gerik, Syrene, Innes

4. Lucina: Tana, Garcia, Artur, Forde, Cormag, Amelia, Knoll

On a side note, what happened with RD drafts? 200 turns was seemingly untouchable last time I was around, and now people are putting up less than 200 no problem. I can't find a rule change, so was there a new strategy to arise in a few chapters, or just a bunch of people got super competitive and reset abused like mad?

fe8 Skirmish #3 #35386

Richter Abend: Franz, Ross, Forde, Gerik, Natasha, Saleh, Marisa, Rennac, Syrene

General Callum: Tana, Artur, Gilliam, Joshua, L'Arachel, Duessel, Marisa, Rennac, Syrene

*The Gentleman: Vanessa, Neimi, Garcia, Ewan, Amelia, Dozla, Marisa, Rennac, Syrene

Xinnidy: Lute, Cormag, Moulder, Kyle, Knoll, Innes, Marisa, Rennac, Syrene

[FE7] ZM's Draft #35431 has finished drafting:

ZM456: Sain, Priscilla, Eliwood, Vaida, Hawkeye, Wil, Nino

General Horace: Florina, Oswin, Canas, Dart, Lyn, Serra, Guy

Serious Bananas: Fiora, Erk, Isadora, Matthew, Dorcas, Jaffar, Renault

Admiral Shin: Lowen, Lucius, Farina, Rebecca, Legault, Raven, Karel

Refa: Kent, Heath, Pent, Rath, Bartre/Karla, Louise, Harken

Edited by ZM456

[u][b][FE8] Long Hike Draft #35456[/b][/u]
Ring Wraith: Lute, Natasha, Duessel, Myrrh, and Knoll
MancerNecro: Artur, Joshua, Neimi, Ewan, Marisa
*Might Gaine: Gilliam, Moulder, Amelia, Innes, Dozla
Kon: Gerik, Ross, Saleh, Colm, Rennac

[b][u][FE7]EHM draft[/u][/b] #35444
Richter Abend: Florina, Pent, Oswin, Bartre, Legault, Vaida, Renault
*PKL: Fiora, Kent, Erk, Raven, Lyn, Louise, Karel
BBM: Heath, Hector, Priscilla, Rath, Serra, Hawkeye, Harken
EstBee: Lowen, Canas, Isadora, Matthew, Dorcas, Wil, Wallace/Geitz
Quintessence: Sain, Lucius, Dart, Rebecca, Nino, Guy, Jaffar

Logs update.

Starting now I'm going to start bumming around for suggestions to tighten the formatting up, shave what more characters we can since I suspect we're running up to the character limit on Logs Post #1 again and then the fixes are to tighten up harder or get Red Fox to fix everything for me again (if i can find the thread that has my relevant posts; i think we have a few more to shoop in). I don't see a nice way to do it as long as I refuse to remove the word "clear" from every one, but I'm open to suggestions.

I think post character limits are actually post characters, not displayed characters, so that would add eight brackets, four slashes and four letters instead of one asterisk. As for the latter, that would look less pretty imhotep and it wouldn't even make the space for a single extra log per post.

You could shave two characters by replacing Kamekameha with Baldrick :P

The only thing I can think of that'd save enough space to be worth it is remove all non-cleared teams from the logs. People are fairly good at managing their own backlogs, and they could use the thread numbers to find their team anyway. It depends on whether you prefer comprehensiveness or economy of characters.

You could shave two characters by replacing Kamekameha with Baldrick :P

The only thing I can think of that'd save enough space to be worth it is remove all non-cleared teams from the logs. People are fairly good at managing their own backlogs, and they could use the thread numbers to find their team anyway. It depends on whether you prefer comprehensiveness or economy of characters.

Draft 4 #28473

Integrity: Karin, Brighton, Dagda, Olwen, Salem, Tina, Marty, Dalshin, Selphina, Miranda, Ronan, Shanam

oval: Lara, Asvel, Havan Dean, Carrion, Sara, Mareeta, Linoan, Alba, Robert, Galzus, Xavier

General Horace: Fin, Fergus, Safy, Shiva, Pahn, Tanya, Glade, Misha, Eyrios, Ralph, Trewd, Conomore

*Second Pronoun: Lifis, Othin, Makua, Nanna, Eda, Fred, Homeros, Hicks, Sleuf, Kein, Amalda, Delmud

Draft 4 #28473

Integrity IS A FAILURE

oval IS A FAILURE

General Horace IS A FAILURE

*Second Pronoun IS A FAILURE

...I like it.

Forgive me if this is a newb question or if it should be obvious, but how are the draft number determined? I ask this so that when I propose another draft, I can report it here myself.

Since this has come up quite a bit, I'll now answer what the topic number is actually FOR.

Simply put: look up at the URL! See how this thread is serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=24029? Just replace that 24029 with the topic number of any draft and you'll speed away to it at Warp Eight. I'd like to hotlink all of them, truly, but we're over the limit for that so this is the other workaround.

EDIT: in short: rtfm

Edited by Mr. Sparkles