Dorcas

Louise

Vaida

Karla

Renault

EXP HOG Tier

Marcus

Wallace

Bleh, I'm tired. Let me know if I missed anything.

Edited by Dark Sage

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a little funny how Oswin barely moved from that position while Rebecca sank extremely low XD

Edited by Spy

If its at all interesting, here is the oldest official tier list I could find on GameFaqs. I believe its from like January 2008 or something:

God Tier

Hector

Oswin

Ninian/Nils

Athos

High Tier

Priscilla

Serra

Lowen

Sain

Raven

Kent

Pent

Erk

Lucius

Upper Middle Tier

Harken

Matthew

Eliwood

Lyn

Guy

Florina

Legault

Fiora

Lower Middle Tier

Geitz

Vaida

Canas

Rebecca

Dart

Farina

Heath

Rath

Hawkeye

Low Tier

Marcus

Jaffar

Karel

Dorcas

Bartre

Louise

Wil

Bottom Tier

Wallace

Nino

Renault

Isadora

Karla

It is interesting. It's a little similar to the 2003-2007 thought process. I believe this was the transition stage to the efficiency mindset.

Truth be told, when I was a kid, I listened to Gamefaqs since I didn't know better and because there wasn't the efficiency arguments going around. I'm still trying to get rid of the last touches of it even now, that's how much influence they had on me.

If its at all interesting, here is the oldest official tier list I could find on GameFaqs. I believe its from like January 2008 or something:

It doesn't look that bad. There are obviously problems with it (lol @ Isadora in Bottom) but I can see the resemblance to current lists.

It doesn't look that bad. There are obviously problems with it (lol @ Isadora in Bottom) but I can see the resemblance to current lists.

It gives a fair treatment to the unpromoted characters, but prepromoted characters are relatively lower there, probably due to assumed play speed increasing.

And Karel was usually overrated because of flashy criticals and anime-like "badassness". Same with Guy except without the anime-like "badassness". And to some extent, probably Karla...because of legs and flashy criticals.

Edited by Soul

And Wil > Eilwood. I know Eliwood's bases suck, but... Wil's are worse.

Not to mention the Rapier, more availability (in Hector Mode), Horse + Lances upon promotion, and not being an archer in a heavily Enemy Phase-oriented game.

And I'm still scratching my head at why Farina>Florina>Fiora?

Farina joins rather underleveled(trust me, being Lv12/0 when Florina could feasibly be 20/5 is absolute bullshit), then there's also the fact that she costs 20K to actually recruit. That's right. 20K that I could've used to buy 8 of each type of Killer Weapon in Unfulfilled Heart using the silver card(granted, I could have sold the ocean seal and would be able to get Farina + the killers).

Also, lol at Nino, Rebecca, and Canas being in top tier. Oswin, Raven, and Hector I can definitely see in top, though.

My Tier List is a bit more accurate, though it's mostly a tier list for noobs and may not reflect efficiency.

Not tiering Merlinus because he doesn't do jack shit except store your swag.

Top Tier: These units will KILL everything and will basically never die.

Oswin

Hector

Raven

High Tier: These units are highly recommended. Their reasons to be here vary.

Heath

Sain

Kent

Matthew

Legault

Athos

Dart

Ninian

Pent

Middle Tier: These units are useful if trained. They aren't hard to use and are sturdy enough.

Lucius

Canas

Harken

Geitz

Bartre

Priscilla

Serra

Florina

Erk

Lowen

Lyn

Guy

Fiora

Isadora

Eliwood

Hawkeye

Jaffar

Karel

Louise

Dorcas

Low Tier: Now these guys are a pain to use but can become good.

Rebecca

Rath

Farina

Wil

Nino

Bottom Tier: Even with training, they won't be as good.

Marcus

Vaida

Renault

Wallace

Karla

Edited by DA125

I'm busy gawking over Lyn > Guy. I love the girl to death but... Yeah.

I'd agree with that one :).

And I'm still scratching my head at why Farina>Florina>Fiora?

20/20 stats?

Also, lol at Nino, Rebecca, and Canas being in top tier. Oswin, Raven, and Hector I can definitely see in top, though.

20/20 stats. Dark Magic in Canas' case.

It gives a fair treatment to the unpromoted characters, but prepromoted characters are relatively lower there, probably due to assumed play speed increasing.

GameFAQs tier lists have always been for Ranked. Marcus is not as effective in ranked as he is terrible for EXP.

Edit: Also, roffle at people raging about a fake tier list based on what basically amounts to one person's opinion of how a casual player would rank units.

Edited by Paperblade

GameFAQs tier lists have always been for Ranked. Marcus is not as effective in ranked as he is terrible for EXP.

I'd argue against that, actually. Early game maps don't have as much experience anyway, so the turns Marcus saves can be turned into experience later.