Dark Ages Tier List

Dark Sage

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same idea. I've never advocated maximum efficiency before. That hasn't changed.

And to be honest, I've never even seen a dondon151 tier list of FE8, so I can't exactly say I follow it just yet.

It's not even maximum efficiency. I don't play that way. I don't think I'm anywhere near dondon's turncounts, but I still have so little exp to spread around.

It's not "maximum efficiency", it's more "not holding Seth back". Seriously, you take the training wheels off and suddenly people like Lute are screwed.

It's not even maximum efficiency. I don't play that way. I don't think I'm anywhere near dondon's turncounts, but I still have so little exp to spread around.

It's not "maximum efficiency", it's more "not holding Seth back". Seriously, you take the training wheels off and suddenly people like Lute are screwed.

I'll admit I haven't played FE8 normally in a while, but I still can't really imagine Lute being reduced to Lilina level in that game under a more standard form of efficiency.

| From what I've been reading on the boards (you don't see me there because I |

| don't post, so sue me). Canas is overrated. He's not that fast. His Con |

| sucks (which is kinda true), he can't max any of his stats at 20/20. Well, |

| then, I apologize for having my Canas' be much better than any of yours. His|

| stats have always been superb, in the high 20's or so, and though his Con |

| is weak, his other stats make up for it. My score of 10 remains justified |

| given the Canas' I've used thus far.

Hahahaha.

Edited by Soul

Really? Never thought they did it that way. Even so, Inui claims to be able to keep exp at 5 stars while using Marcus. In fact bragged about it, until people pointed out that the exp rank doesn't start out as difficult as it becomes later on (or something like that).

I'm pretty sure Inui also claimed he beat the game some absurd number of times.

I'm pretty sure Inui also claimed he beat the game some absurd number of times.

I'm more focused on nobody (in that thread) finding any issues with his claim to have used Marcus a lot and still 5 starred the first 10 or so chapters than I am worried about the validity of the claim itself. If multiple people don't see it as difficult to maintain 5 stars while using Marcus a bunch early on, that's what's important. He could have been lying through his teeth for all it matters.

Did he claim that he 5-starred the early chapters? Because I would call BS there with getting the EXP rank. I personally figured that we didn't need to 5-star every chapter individually, so I saw no problems personally with Inui claiming that we can use the turns saved in earlier chapters through Marcus use to reap loads of EXP in later chapters, like Value of Life.

I used to read GameFAQs, but rarely followed them. I acknowledged them, though. "Fuck, I'm using Duessel? Innes? Man, I suck at distributing XP."

I do recall having one Marcus (ENM? HNM?) who got just 4 XP throughout the whole run, and being proud of myself. Didn't stop me (and the guy who actually owned FE9) from using Titania throughout.

Edited by Furetchen

I'll admit I haven't played FE8 normally in a while, but I still can't really imagine Lute being reduced to Lilina level in that game under a more standard form of efficiency.

Actually, I was recently playing FE8 again, going for low turn counts but not using Seth (because he makes the game uninteresting), and Lute is pretty viable. She has the strongest chip damage in the earlygame without Artur's disgusting habit of facing crit from everything under the sun. But she still has horrible level issues even with the far more generous pace. I had her at about level 5 coming out of Chapter 8. So she could probably promote around Chapter 11 or 12 and be an okay healbot and semi-combatant.

I'd prefer Mage Knight over Sage anytime, incidentally. Sage is only superior in desert.

inui did once claim to have beaten FE7 100+ times, so yeah, i don't know if i'd take his claims at face value

He claimed to have beaten it over 300 times. It was at his introduction topic.

Actually, I was recently playing FE8 again, going for low turn counts but not using Seth (because he makes the game uninteresting), and Lute is pretty viable. She has the strongest chip damage in the earlygame without Artur's disgusting habit of facing crit from everything under the sun. But she still has horrible level issues even with the far more generous pace. I had her at about level 5 coming out of Chapter 8. So she could probably promote around Chapter 11 or 12 and be an okay healbot and semi-combatant.

I'd prefer Mage Knight over Sage anytime, incidentally. Sage is only superior in desert.

Okay, now try playing without training wheels on her and see how well she does. And is "okay healbot and semi-combatant" really "high tier"?

Obviously if you actually get her to level 10 and feel like promoting, Mage Knight is superior. Even on the desert chapter, it's not like fe6 where it's desert for 80% of the map and all of your starting area. The desert doesn't cover all that much space, especially if you go straight down the middle. If you are playing really slowly in earlier chapters you could probably even get her to 10/5 or higher. Or don't promote so early and 15/1 or something. You have 3 fliers so just airlift her over the small stretch of desert down the middle or something. Mage Knight is probably superior even in chapter 15. Especially since it finally saves her con.

Okay, now try playing without training wheels on her and see how well she does. And is "okay healbot and semi-combatant" really "high tier"?

Obviously if you actually get her to level 10 and feel like promoting, Mage Knight is superior. Even on the desert chapter, it's not like fe6 where it's desert for 80% of the map and all of your starting area. The desert doesn't cover all that much space, especially if you go straight down the middle. If you are playing really slowly in earlier chapters you could probably even get her to 10/5 or higher. Or don't promote so early and 15/1 or something. You have 3 fliers so just airlift her over the small stretch of desert down the middle or something. Mage Knight is probably superior even in chapter 15. Especially since it finally saves her con.

I never said she was high tier. I think she's generally overrated. I'd hardly call failing to use Seth giving her training wheels. A whopping 4 levels in five chapters isn't that great. And from what I've seen of later chapters, even without Seth in play the pace is too much for her since you still have Franz/Forde/Kyle charging ahead. I'm just saying she's usable and can conceivably promote if you're not using Seth, which I prefer a great deal.

I always go Ephraim Route, so I get to start in the nice open area. Of course, since she gets 2HKOed by Wyverns until the end of time, she doesn't have the durability to go in the desert to begin with, so it's not like she misses out on much.

I never said she was high tier. I think she's generally overrated. I'd hardly call failing to use Seth giving her training wheels. A whopping 4 levels in five chapters isn't that great. And from what I've seen of later chapters, even without Seth in play the pace is too much for her since you still have Franz/Forde/Kyle charging ahead. I'm just saying she's usable and can conceivably promote if you're not using Seth, which I prefer a great deal.

This is why I say that not using Seth is playing with training wheels on everyone.

I always go Ephraim Route, so I get to start in the nice open area. Of course, since she gets 2HKOed by Wyverns until the end of time, she doesn't have the durability to go in the desert to begin with, so it's not like she misses out on much.

Still, that means that Sage is not better there.